52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- And Job continued his parable and said,
- Oh that I were as in months past, as in the days when +God preserved me;
- When his lamp shone over my head, [and] by his light I walked through darkness;
- As I was in the days of my youth, when the secret counsel of +God was over my tent,
- When the Almighty was yet with me, my young men round about me;
- When my steps were bathed in milk, and the rock poured out beside me rivers of oil! ...
- When I went out to the gate by the city, when I prepared my seat on the broadway,
- The young men saw me, and hid themselves; and the aged arose [and] stood up;
- Princes refrained from talking, and laid the hand on their mouth;
- The voice of the nobles was hushed, and their tongue cleaved to their palate.
- When the ear heard [me], then it blessed me, and when the eye saw [me], it gave witness to me;
- For I delivered the afflicted that cried, and the fatherless who had no helper.
- The blessing of him that was perishing came upon me, and I caused the widow's heart to sing for joy.
- I put on righteousness, and it clothed me; my justice was as a mantle and a turban.
- I was eyes to the blind, and feet was I to the lame;
- I was a father to the needy, and the cause which I knew not I searched out;
- And I broke the jaws of the unrighteous, and plucked the spoil out of his teeth.
- And I said, I shall die in my nest, and multiply my days as the sand;
- My root shall be spread out to the waters, and the dew will lie all night on my branch;
- My glory shall be fresh in me, and my bow be renewed in my hand.
- Unto me they listened, and waited, and kept silence for my counsel:
- After my words they spoke not again, and my speech dropped upon them;
- And they waited for me as for the rain, and they opened their mouth wide as for the latter rain.
- [If] I laughed on them, they believed [it] not; and they troubled not the serenity of my countenance.
- I chose their way, and sat as chief, and dwelt as a king in the army, as one that comforteth mourners.
500 Internal Server Error
- But now they that are younger than I have me in derision, whose fathers I would have disdained to set with the dogs of my flock.
- Yea, whereto [should] the strength of their hands [profit] me, [men] in whom vigour hath perished?
- Withered up through want and hunger, they flee into waste places long since desolate and desert:
- They gather the salt-wort among the bushes, and the roots of the broom for their food.
- They are driven forth from among [men] -- they cry after them as after a thief --
- To dwell in gloomy gorges, in caves of the earth and the rocks:
- They bray among the bushes; under the brambles they are gathered together:
- Sons of fools, and sons of nameless sires, they are driven out of the land.
- And now I am their song, yea, I am their byword.
- They abhor me, they stand aloof from me, yea, they spare not to spit in my face.
- For he hath loosed my cord and afflicted me; so they cast off the bridle before me.
- At [my] right hand rise the young brood; they push away my feet, and raise up against me their pernicious ways;
- They mar my path, they set forward my calamity, without any to help them;
- They come in as through a wide breach: amid the confusion they roll themselves onward.
- Terrors are turned against me; they pursue mine honour as the wind; and my welfare is passed away like a cloud.
- And now my soul is poured out in me; days of affliction have taken hold upon me.
- The night pierceth through my bones [and detacheth them] from me, and my gnawing pains take no rest:
- By their great force they have become my raiment; they bind me about as the collar of my coat.
- He hath cast me into the mire, and I have become like dust and ashes.
- I cry unto thee, and thou answerest me not; I stand up, and thou lookest at me.
- Thou art changed to a cruel one to me; with the strength of thy hand thou pursuest me.
- Thou liftest me up to the wind; thou causest me to be borne away, and dissolvest my substance.
- For I know that thou wilt bring me to death, and into the house of assemblage for all living.
- Indeed, no prayer [availeth] when he stretcheth out [his] hand: though they cry when he destroyeth.
- Did not I weep for him whose days were hard? was not my soul grieved for the needy?
- For I expected good, and there came evil; and I waited for light, but there came darkness.
- My bowels well up, and rest not; days of affliction have confronted me.
- I go about blackened, but not by the sun; I stand up, I cry in the congregation.
- I am become a brother to jackals, and a companion of ostriches.
- My skin is become black [and falleth] off me, and my bones are parched with heat.
- My harp also is [turned] to mourning, and my pipe into the voice of weepers.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
Please contact the server administrator at
firstname.lastname@example.org to inform them of the time this error occurred,
and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.