|52 Week Bible Reading Plan|
|ChristianMags.us tracks the lowest price on dozens of Christian magazines!|
52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- After this, Job opened his mouth and cursed his day.
- And Job answered and said,
- Let the day perish in which I was born, and the night that said, There is a man child conceived.
- That day -- let it be darkness, let not +God care for it from above, neither let light shine upon it:
- Let darkness and the shadow of death claim it; let clouds dwell upon it; let darkeners of the day terrify it.
- That night -- let gloom seize upon it; let it not rejoice among the days of the year; let it not come into the number of the months.
- Behold, let that night be barren; let no joyful sound come therein;
- Let them curse it that curse the day, who are ready to rouse Leviathan;
- Let the stars of its twilight be dark; let it wait for light, and have none, neither let it see the eyelids of the dawn:
- Because it shut not up the doors of the womb that bore me, and hid not trouble from mine eyes.
- Wherefore did I not die from the womb, -- come forth from the belly and expire?
- Why did the knees meet me? and wherefore the breasts, that I should suck?
- For now should I have lain down and been quiet; I should have slept: then had I been at rest,
- With kings and counsellors of the earth, who build desolate places for themselves,
- Or with princes who had gold, who filled their houses with silver;
- Or as a hidden untimely birth I had not been; as infants that have not seen the light.
- There the wicked cease from troubling; and there the wearied are at rest.
- The prisoners together are at ease; they hear not the voice of the taskmaster.
- The small and great are there, and the bondman freed from his master.
- Wherefore is light given to him that is in trouble, and life to those bitter of soul,
- Who long for death, and it [cometh] not, and dig for it more than for hidden treasures;
- Who rejoice even exultingly and are glad when they find the grave? --
- To the man whose way is hidden, and whom +God hath hedged in?
- For my sighing cometh before my bread, and my groanings are poured out like the waters.
- For I feared a fear, and it hath come upon me, and that which I dreaded hath come to me.
- I was not in safety, neither had I quietness, neither was I at rest, and trouble came.
- And Eliphaz the Temanite answered and said,
- If a word were essayed to thee, wouldest thou be grieved? But who can refrain from speaking?
- Behold, thou hast instructed many, and thou hast strengthened the weak hands;
- Thy words have upholden him that was stumbling, and thou hast braced up the bending knees:
- But now it is come upon thee, and thou grievest; it toucheth thee, and thou art troubled.
- Hath not thy piety been thy confidence, and the perfection of thy ways thy hope?
- Remember, I pray thee, who that was innocent has perished? and where were the upright cut off?
- Even as I have seen, they that plough iniquity and sow mischief, reap the same.
- By the breath of +God they perish, and by the blast of his nostrils are they consumed.
- The roar of the lion, and the voice of the fierce lion, and the teeth of the young lions, are broken;
- The old lion perisheth for lack of prey, and the whelps of the lioness are scattered.
- Now to me a word was secretly brought, and mine ear received a whisper thereof.
- In thoughts from visions of the night, when deep sleep falleth on men: --
- Fear came on me, and trembling, and made all my bones to shake;
- And a spirit passed before my face -- the hair of my flesh stood up --
- It stood still; I could not discern the appearance thereof: a form was before mine eyes; I heard a slight murmur and a voice:
- Shall [mortal] man be more just than +God? Shall a man be purer than his Maker?
- Lo, he trusteth not his servants, and his angels he chargeth with folly:
- How much more them that dwell in houses of clay, whose foundation is in the dust, who are crushed as the moth!
- From morning to evening are they smitten: without any heeding it, they perish for ever.
- Is not their tent-cord torn away in them? they die, and without wisdom.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.