52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- And all the tax-gatherers and the sinners were coming near to him to hear him;
- and the Pharisees and the scribes murmured, saying, This [man] receives sinners and eats with them.
- And he spoke to them this parable, saying,
- What man of you having a hundred sheep, and having lost one of them, does not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness and go after that which is lost, until he find it?
- and having found it, he lays it upon his own shoulders, rejoicing;
- and being come to the house, calls together the friends and the neighbours, saying to them, Rejoice with me, for I have found my lost sheep.
- I say unto you, that thus there shall be joy in heaven for one repenting sinner, [more] than for ninety and nine righteous who have no need of repentance.
- Or, what woman having ten drachmas, if she lose one drachma, does not light a lamp and sweep the house and seek carefully till she find it?
- and having found it she calls together the friends and neighbours, saying, Rejoice with me, for I have found the drachma which I had lost.
- Thus, I say unto you, there is joy before the angels of God for one repenting sinner.
- And he said, A certain man had two sons;
- and the younger of them said to his father, Father, give to me the share of the property that falls [to me]. And he divided to them what he was possessed of.
- And after not many days the younger son gathering all together went away into a country a long way off, and there dissipated his property, living in debauchery.
- But when he had spent all there arose a violent famine throughout that country, and he began to be in want.
- And he went and joined himself to one of the citizens of that country, and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.
- And he longed to fill his belly with the husks which the swine were eating; and no one gave to him.
- And coming to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have abundance of bread, and *I* perish here by famine.
- I will rise up and go to my father, and I will say to him, Father, I have sinned against heaven and before thee;
- I am no longer worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.
- And he rose up and went to his own father. But while he was yet a long way off, his father saw him, and was moved with compassion, and ran, and fell upon his neck, and covered him with kisses.
- And the son said to him, Father, I have sinned against heaven and before thee; I am no longer worthy to be called thy son.
- But the father said to his bondmen, Bring out the best robe and clothe him in [it], and put a ring on his hand and sandals on his feet;
- and bring the fatted calf and kill it, and let us eat and make merry:
- for this my son was dead and has come to life, was lost and has been found. And they began to make merry.
- And his elder son was in the field; and as, coming [up], he drew nigh to the house, he heard music and dancing.
- And having called one of the servants, he inquired what these things might be.
- And he said to him, Thy brother is come, and thy father has killed the fatted calf because he has received him safe and well.
- But he became angry and would not go in. And his father went out and besought him.
- But he answering said to his father, Behold, so many years I serve thee, and never have I transgressed a commandment of thine; and to me hast thou never given a kid that I might make merry with my friends:
- but when this thy son, who has devoured thy substance with harlots, is come, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf.
- But he said to him, Child, *thou* art ever with me, and all that is mine is thine.
- But it was right to make merry and rejoice, because this thy brother was dead and has come to life again, and was lost and has been found.
500 Internal Server Error
- And he said also to [his] disciples, There was a certain rich man who had a steward, and *he* was accused to him as wasting his goods.
- And having called him, he said to him, What [is] this that I hear of thee? give the reckoning of thy stewardship, for thou canst be no longer steward.
- And the steward said within himself, What shall I do; for my lord is taking the stewardship from me? I am not able to dig; I am ashamed to beg.
- I know what I will do, that when I shall have been removed from the stewardship I may be received into their houses.
- And having called to [him] each one of the debtors of his own lord, he said to the first, How much owest thou to my lord?
- And he said, A hundred baths of oil. And he said to him, Take thy writing and sit down quickly and write fifty.
- Then he said to another, And thou, how much dost thou owe? And he said, A hundred cors of wheat. And he says to him, Take thy writing and write eighty.
- And the lord praised the unrighteous steward because he had done prudently. For the sons of this world are, for their own generation, more prudent than the sons of light.
- And *I* say to you, Make to yourselves friends with the mammon of unrighteousness, that when it fails ye may be received into the eternal tabernacles.
- He that is faithful in the least is faithful also in much; and he that is unrighteous in the least is unrighteous also in much.
- If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who shall entrust to you the true?
- and if ye have not been faithful in that which is another's, who shall give to you your own?
- No servant can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and will love the other, or he will cleave to the one and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
- And the Pharisees also, who were covetous, heard all these things, and mocked him.
- And he said to them, *Ye* are they who justify themselves before men, but God knows your hearts; for what amongst men is highly thought of is an abomination before God.
- The law and the prophets [were] until John: from that time the glad tidings of the kingdom of God are announced, and every one forces his way into it.
- But it is easier that the heaven and the earth should pass away than that one tittle of the law should fail.
- Every one who puts away his wife and marries another commits adultery; and every one that marries one put away from a husband commits adultery.
- Now there was a rich man and he was clothed in purple and fine linen, making good cheer in splendour every day.
- And [there was] a poor man, by name Lazarus, [who] was laid at his gateway full of sores,
- and desiring to be filled with the crumbs which fell from the table of the rich man; but the dogs also coming licked his sores.
- And it came to pass that the poor man died, and that he was carried away by the angels into the bosom of Abraham. And the rich man also died and was buried.
- And in hades lifting up his eyes, being in torments, he sees Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
- And he crying out said, Father Abraham, have compassion on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am suffering in this flame.
- But Abraham said, Child, recollect that *thou* hast fully received thy good things in thy lifetime, and likewise Lazarus evil things. But now he is comforted here, and *thou* art in suffering.
- And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm is fixed, so that those who desire to pass hence to you cannot, nor do they who [desire to cross] from there pass over unto us.
- And he said, I beseech thee then, father, that thou wouldest send him to the house of my father,
- for I have five brothers, so that he may earnestly testify to them, that they also may not come to this place of torment.
- But Abraham says to him, They have Moses and the prophets: let them hear them.
- But he said, Nay, father Abraham, but if one from the dead should go to them, they will repent.
- And he said to him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, not even if one rise from among [the] dead will they be persuaded.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
Please contact the server administrator at
firstname.lastname@example.org to inform them of the time this error occurred,
and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.