52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- Book of the generation of Jesus Christ, Son of David, Son of Abraham.
- Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob, and Jacob begat Juda and his brethren;
- and Juda begat Phares and Zara of Thamar; and Phares begat Esrom, and Esrom begat Aram,
- and Aram begat Aminadab, and Aminadab begat Naasson, and Naasson begat Salmon,
- and Salmon begat Booz of Rachab; and Booz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse,
- and Jesse begat David the king. And David begat Solomon, of her [that had been the wife] of Urias;
- and Solomon begat Roboam, and Roboam begat Abia, and Abia begat Asa,
- and Asa begat Josaphat, and Josaphat begat Joram, and Joram begat Ozias,
- and Ozias begat Joatham, and Joatham begat Achaz, and Achaz begat Ezekias,
- and Ezekias begat Manasses, and Manasses begat Amon, and Amon begat Josias,
- and Josias begat Jechonias and his brethren, at the time of the carrying away of Babylon.
- And after the carrying away of Babylon, Jechonias begat Salathiel, and Salathiel begat Zorobabel,
- and Zorobabel begat Abiud, and Abiud begat Eliakim, and Eliakim begat Azor,
- and Azor begat Sadoc, and Sadoc begat Achim, and Achim begat Eliud,
- and Eliud begat Eliazar, and Eliazar begat Matthan, and Matthan begat Jacob,
- and Jacob begat Joseph, the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.
- All the generations, therefore, from Abraham to David [were] fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away of Babylon, fourteen generations; and from the carrying away of Babylon unto the Christ, fourteen generations.
- Now the birth of Jesus Christ was thus: His mother, Mary, that is, having been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found to be with child of [the] Holy Spirit.
- But Joseph, her husband, being [a] righteous [man], and unwilling to expose her publicly, purposed to have put her away secretly;
- but while he pondered on these things, behold, an angel of [the] Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, Joseph, son of David, fear not to take to [thee] Mary, thy wife, for that which is begotten in her is of [the] Holy Spirit.
- And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus, for *he* shall save his people from their sins.
- Now all this came to pass that that might be fulfilled which was spoken by [the] Lord, through the prophet, saying,
- Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which is, being interpreted, 'God with us.'
- But Joseph, having awoke up from his sleep, did as the angel of [the] Lord had enjoined him, and took to [him] his wife,
- and knew her not until she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus.
Can't connect to www.christianmags.us:80 (Connection timed out)
Connection timed out at /usr/local/share/perl5/LWP/Protocol/http.pm line 50, line 364.
- Now Jesus having been born in Bethlehem of Judaea, in the days of Herod the king, behold magi from the east arrived at Jerusalem, saying,
- Where is the king of the Jews that has been born? for we have seen his star in the east, and have come to do him homage.
- But Herod the king having heard [of it], was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him;
- and, assembling all the chief priests and scribes of the people, he inquired of them where the Christ should be born.
- And they said to him, In Bethlehem of Judaea; for thus it is written through the prophet:
- And *thou* Bethlehem, land of Juda, art in no wise the least among the governors of Juda; for out of thee shall go forth a leader who shall shepherd my people Israel.
- Then Herod, having secretly called the magi, inquired of them accurately the time of the star that was appearing;
- and having sent them to Bethlehem, said, Go, search out accurately concerning the child, and when ye shall have found [him] bring me back word, so that *I* also may come and do him homage.
- And they having heard the king went their way; and lo, the star, which they had seen in the east, went before them until it came and stood over the place where the little child was.
- And when they saw the star they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.
- And having come into the house they saw the little child with Mary his mother, and falling down did him homage. And having opened their treasures, they offered to him gifts, gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.
- And being divinely instructed in a dream not to return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way.
- Now, they having departed, behold, an angel of [the] Lord appears in a dream to Joseph, saying, Arise, take to [thee] the little child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be there until I shall tell thee; for Herod will seek the little child to destroy it.
- And, having arisen, he took to [him] the little child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt.
- And he was there until the death of Herod, that that might be fulfilled which was spoken by [the] Lord through the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.
- Then Herod, seeing that he had been mocked by the magi, was greatly enraged; and sent and slew all the boys which [were] in Bethlehem, and in all its borders, from two years and under, according to the time which he had accurately inquired from the magi.
- Then was fulfilled that which was spoken through Jeremias the prophet, saying,
- A voice has been heard in Rama, weeping, and great lamentation: Rachel weeping [for] her children, and would not be comforted, because they are not.
- But Herod having died, behold, an angel of [the] Lord appears in a dream to Joseph in Egypt, saying,
- Arise, take to [thee] the little child and its mother, and go into the land of Israel: for they who sought the life of the little child are dead.
- And he arose and took to [him] the little child and its mother, and came into the land of Israel;
- but having heard that 'Archelaus reigns over Judaea, instead of Herod his father,' he was afraid to go there; and having been divinely instructed in a dream, he went away into the parts of Galilee,
- and came and dwelt in a town called Nazareth; so that that should be fulfilled which was spoken through the prophets, He shall be called a Nazaraean.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.