52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- Moreover Job continued his parable, and said,
- Oh that I were as in months past, as in the days when God preserved me;
- When his candle shined upon my head, and when by his light I walked through darkness;
- As I was in the days of my youth, when the secret of God was upon my tabernacle;
- When the Almighty was yet with me, when my children were about me;
- When I washed my steps with butter, and the rock poured me out rivers of oil;
- When I went out to the gate through the city, when I prepared my seat in the street!
- The young men saw me, and hid themselves: and the aged arose, and stood up.
- The princes refrained talking, and laid their hand on their mouth.
- The nobles held their peace, and their tongue cleaved to the roof of their mouth.
- When the ear heard me, then it blessed me; and when the eye saw me, it gave witness to me:
- Because I delivered the poor that cried, and the fatherless, and him that had none to help him.
- The blessing of him that was ready to perish came upon me: and I caused the widow's heart to sing for joy.
- I put on righteousness, and it clothed me: my judgment was as a robe and a diadem.
- I was eyes to the blind, and feet was I to the lame.
- I was a father to the poor: and the cause which I knew not I searched out.
- And I brake the jaws of the wicked, and plucked the spoil out of his teeth.
- Then I said, I shall die in my nest, and I shall multiply my days as the sand.
- My root was spread out by the waters, and the dew lay all night upon my branch.
- My glory was fresh in me, and my bow was renewed in my hand.
- Unto me men gave ear, and waited, and kept silence at my counsel.
- After my words they spake not again; and my speech dropped upon them.
- And they waited for me as for the rain; and they opened their mouth wide as for the latter rain.
- If I laughed on them, they believed it not; and the light of my countenance they cast not down.
- I chose out their way, and sat chief, and dwelt as a king in the army, as one that comforteth the mourners.
500 Internal Server Error
- But now they that are younger than I have me in derision, whose fathers I would have disdained to have set with the dogs of my flock.
- Yea, whereto might the strength of their hands profit me, in whom old age was perished?
- For want and famine they were solitary; fleeing into the wilderness in former time desolate and waste.
- Who cut up mallows by the bushes, and juniper roots for their meat.
- They were driven forth from among men, (they cried after them as after a thief;)
- To dwell in the cliffs of the valleys, in caves of the earth, and in the rocks.
- Among the bushes they brayed; under the nettles they were gathered together.
- They were children of fools, yea, children of base men: they were viler than the earth.
- And now am I their song, yea, I am their byword.
- They abhor me, they flee far from me, and spare not to spit in my face.
- Because he hath loosed my cord, and afflicted me, they have also let loose the bridle before me.
- Upon my right hand rise the youth; they push away my feet, and they raise up against me the ways of their destruction.
- They mar my path, they set forward my calamity, they have no helper.
- They came upon me as a wide breaking in of waters: in the desolation they rolled themselves upon me.
- Terrors are turned upon me: they pursue my soul as the wind: and my welfare passeth away as a cloud.
- And now my soul is poured out upon me; the days of affliction have taken hold upon me.
- My bones are pierced in me in the night season: and my sinews take no rest.
- By the great force of my disease is my garment changed: it bindeth me about as the collar of my coat.
- He hath cast me into the mire, and I am become like dust and ashes.
- I cry unto thee, and thou dost not hear me: I stand up, and thou regardest me not.
- Thou art become cruel to me: with thy strong hand thou opposest thyself against me.
- Thou liftest me up to the wind; thou causest me to ride upon it, and dissolvest my substance.
- For I know that thou wilt bring me to death, and to the house appointed for all living.
- Howbeit he will not stretch out his hand to the grave, though they cry in his destruction.
- Did not I weep for him that was in trouble? was not my soul grieved for the poor?
- When I looked for good, then evil came unto me: and when I waited for light, there came darkness.
- My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
- I went mourning without the sun: I stood up, and I cried in the congregation.
- I am a brother to dragons, and a companion to owls.
- My skin is black upon me, and my bones are burned with heat.
- My harp also is turned to mourning, and my organ into the voice of them that weep.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
Please contact the server administrator at
email@example.com to inform them of the time this error occurred,
and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.