52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
2 Corinthians 9
- For as touching the ministering to the saints, it is superfluous for me to write to you:
- For I know the forwardness of your mind, for which I boast of you to them of Macedonia, that Achaia was ready a year ago; and your zeal hath provoked very many.
- Yet have I sent the brethren, lest our boasting of you should be in vain in this behalf; that, as I said, ye may be ready:
- Lest haply if they of Macedonia come with me, and find you unprepared, we (that we say not, ye) should be ashamed in this same confident boasting.
- Therefore I thought it necessary to exhort the brethren, that they would go before unto you, and make up beforehand your bounty, whereof ye had notice before, that the same might be ready, as a matter of bounty, and not as of covetousness.
- But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.
- Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
- And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:
- (As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; he hath given to the poor: his righteousness remaineth for ever.
- Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness;)
- Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God.
- For the administration of this service not only supplieth the want of the saints, but is abundant also by many thanksgivings unto God;
- Whiles by the experiment of this ministration they glorify God for your professed subjection unto the gospel of Christ, and for your liberal distribution unto them, and unto all men;
- And by their prayer for you, which long after you for the exceeding grace of God in you.
- Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
2 Corinthians 10
- Now I Paul myself beseech you by the meekness and gentleness of Christ, who in presence am base among you, but being absent am bold toward you:
- But I beseech you, that I may not be bold when I am present with that confidence, wherewith I think to be bold against some, which think of us as if we walked according to the flesh.
- For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
- (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
- Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
- And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.
- Do ye look on things after the outward appearance? if any man trust to himself that he is Christ's, let him of himself think this again, that, as he is Christ's, even so are we Christ's.
- For though I should boast somewhat more of our authority, which the Lord hath given us for edification, and not for your destruction, I should not be ashamed:
- That I may not seem as if I would terrify you by letters.
- For his letters, say they, are weighty and powerful; but his bodily presence is weak, and his speech contemptible.
- Let such an one think this, that, such as we are in word by letters when we are absent, such will we be also in deed when we are present.
- For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.
- But we will not boast of things without our measure, but according to the measure of the rule which God hath distributed to us, a measure to reach even unto you.
- For we stretch not ourselves beyond our measure, as though we reached not unto you: for we are come as far as to you also in preaching the gospel of Christ:
- Not boasting of things without our measure, that is, of other men's labours; but having hope, when your faith is increased, that we shall be enlarged by you according to our rule abundantly,
- To preach the gospel in the regions beyond you, and not to boast in another man's line of things made ready to our hand.
- But he that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
- For not he that commendeth himself is approved, but whom the Lord commendeth.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.