|52 Week Bible Reading Plan|
|Don't like to read? Get the Bible on CD, Cassette, MP3, DVD, or VHS!|
52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
1 Thessalonians 4
- Furthermore then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please God, so ye would abound more and more.
- For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus.
- For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:
- That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;
- Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God:
- That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified.
- For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.
- He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.
- But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.
- And indeed ye do it toward all the brethren which are in all Macedonia: but we beseech you, brethren, that ye increase more and more;
- And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you;
- That ye may walk honestly toward them that are without, and that ye may have lack of nothing.
- But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
- For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
- For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
- For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
- Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
- Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
1 Thessalonians 5
- But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
- For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
- For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
- But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
- Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
- Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
- For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
- But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
- For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
- Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.
- Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.
- And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;
- And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves.
- Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.
- See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.
- Rejoice evermore.
- Pray without ceasing.
- In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
- Quench not the Spirit.
- Despise not prophesyings.
- Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
- Abstain from all appearance of evil.
- And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.
- Brethren, pray for us.
- Greet all the brethren with an holy kiss.
- I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read unto all the holy brethren.
- The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.
You don't have permission to access /sampleinc.inc
on this server.