52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- Is there not an appointed time to man upon earth? are not his days also like the days of an hireling?
- As a servant earnestly desireth the shadow, and as an hireling looketh for the reward of his work:
- So am I made to possess months of vanity, and wearisome nights are appointed to me.
- When I lie down, I say, When shall I arise, and the night be gone? and I am full of tossings to and fro unto the dawning of the day.
- My flesh is clothed with worms and clods of dust; my skin is broken, and become loathsome.
- My days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle, and are spent without hope.
- O remember that my life is wind: mine eye shall no more see good.
- The eye of him that hath seen me shall see me no more: thine eyes are upon me, and I am not.
- As the cloud is consumed and vanisheth away: so he that goeth down to the grave shall come up no more.
- He shall return no more to his house, neither shall his place know him any more.
- Therefore I will not refrain my mouth; I will speak in the anguish of my spirit; I will complain in the bitterness of my soul.
- Am I a sea, or a whale, that thou settest a watch over me?
- When I say, My bed shall comfort me, my couch shall ease my complaints;
- Then thou scarest me with dreams, and terrifiest me through visions:
- So that my soul chooseth strangling, and death rather than my life.
- I loathe it; I would not live alway: let me alone; for my days are vanity.
- What is man, that thou shouldest magnify him? and that thou shouldest set thine heart upon him?
- And that thou shouldest visit him every morning, and try him every moment?
- How long wilt thou not depart from me, nor let me alone till I swallow down my spittle?
- I have sinned; what shall I do unto thee, O thou preserver of men? why hast thou set me as a mark against thee, so that I am a burden to myself?
- And why dost thou not pardon my transgression, and take away my iniquity? for now shall I sleep in the dust; and thou shalt seek me in the morning, but I shall not be.
- Then answered Bildad the Shuhite, and said,
- How long wilt thou speak these things? and how long shall the words of thy mouth be like a strong wind?
- Doth God pervert judgment? or doth the Almighty pervert justice?
- If thy children have sinned against him, and he have cast them away for their transgression;
- If thou wouldest seek unto God betimes, and make thy supplication to the Almighty;
- If thou wert pure and upright; surely now he would awake for thee, and make the habitation of thy righteousness prosperous.
- Though thy beginning was small, yet thy latter end should greatly increase.
- For enquire, I pray thee, of the former age, and prepare thyself to the search of their fathers:
- (For we are but of yesterday, and know nothing, because our days upon earth are a shadow:)
- Shall not they teach thee, and tell thee, and utter words out of their heart?
- Can the rush grow up without mire? can the flag grow without water?
- Whilst it is yet in his greenness, and not cut down, it withereth before any other herb.
- So are the paths of all that forget God; and the hypocrite's hope shall perish:
- Whose hope shall be cut off, and whose trust shall be a spider's web.
- He shall lean upon his house, but it shall not stand: he shall hold it fast, but it shall not endure.
- He is green before the sun, and his branch shooteth forth in his garden.
- His roots are wrapped about the heap, and seeth the place of stones.
- If he destroy him from his place, then it shall deny him, saying, I have not seen thee.
- Behold, this is the joy of his way, and out of the earth shall others grow.
- Behold, God will not cast away a perfect man, neither will he help the evil doers:
- Till he fill thy mouth with laughing, and thy lips with rejoicing.
- They that hate thee shall be clothed with shame; and the dwelling place of the wicked shall come to nought.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.