52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- "Ihave made a covenant with my eyes; How then could I gaze at a virgin?
- "And what is the portion of God from above Or the heritage of the Almighty from on high?
- "Is it not calamity to the unjust And disaster to those who work iniquity?
- "Does He not see my ways And number all my steps?
- "If I have walked with falsehood, And my foot has hastened after deceit,
- Let Him weigh me with accurate scales, And let God know my integrity.
- "If my step has turned from the way, Or my heart followed my eyes, Or if any spot has stuck to my hands,
- Let me sow and another eat, And let my crops be uprooted.
- "If my heart has been enticed by a woman, Or I have lurked at my neighbor's doorway,
- May my wife grind for another, And let others kneel down over her.
- "For that would be a lustful crime; Moreover, it would be an iniquity punishable by judges.
- "For it would be fire that consumes to Abaddon, And would uproot all my increase.
- "If I have despised the claim of my male or female slaves When they filed a complaint against me,
- What then could I do when God arises? And when He calls me to account, what will I answer Him?
- "Did not He who made me in the womb make him, And the same one fashion us in the womb?
- "If I have kept the poor from their desire, Or have caused the eyes of the widow to fail,
- Or have eaten my morsel alone, And the orphan has not shared it
- (But from my youth he grew up with me as with a father, And from infancy I guided her),
- If I have seen anyone perish for lack of clothing, Or that the needy had no covering,
- If his loins have not thanked me, And if he has not been warmed with the fleece of my sheep,
- If I have lifted up my hand against the orphan, Because I saw I had support in the gate,
- Let my shoulder fall from the socket, And my arm be broken off at the elbow.
- "For calamity from God is a terror to me, And because of His majesty I can do nothing.
- "If I have put my confidence in gold, And called fine gold my trust,
- If I have gloated because my wealth was great, And because my hand had secured so much;
- If I have looked at the sun when it shone Or the moon going in splendor,
- And my heart became secretly enticed, And my hand threw a kiss from my mouth,
- That too would have been an iniquity calling for judgment, For I would have denied God above.
- "Have I rejoiced at the extinction of my enemy, Or exulted when evil befell him?
- " No, I have not allowed my mouth to sin By asking for his life in a curse.
- "Have the men of my tent not said, "Who can find one who has not been satisfied with his meat'?
- "The alien has not lodged outside, For I have opened my doors to the traveler.
- "Have I covered my transgressions like Adam, By hiding my iniquity in my bosom,
- Because I feared the great multitude, And the contempt of families terrified me, And kept silent and did not go out of doors?
- "Oh that I had one to hear me! Behold, here is my signature; Let the Almighty answer me! And the indictment which my adversary has written,
- Surely I would carry it on my shoulder, I would bind it to myself like a crown.
- "I would declare to Him the number of my steps; Like a prince I would approach Him.
- "If my land cries out against me, And its furrows weep together;
- If I have eaten its fruit without money, Or have caused its owners to lose their lives,
- Let briars grow instead of wheat, And stinkweed instead of barley.' The words of Job are ended. 32
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
500 Internal Server Error
- Then these three men ceased answering Job, because he was righteous in his own eyes.
- But the anger of Elihu the son of Barachel the Buzite, of the family of Ram burned; against Job his anger burned because he justified himself before God.
- And his anger burned against his three friends because they had found no answer, and yet had condemned Job.
- Now Elihu had waited to speak to Job because they were years older than he.
- And when Elihu saw that there was no answer in the mouth of the three men his anger burned.
- So Elihu the son of Barachel the Buzite spoke out and said, "I am young in years and you are old; Therefore I was shy and afraid to tell you what I think.
- "I thought age should speak, And increased years should teach wisdom.
- "But it is a spirit in man, And the breath of the Almighty gives them understanding.
- "The abundant in years may not be wise, Nor may elders understand justice.
- "So I say, "Listen to me, I too will tell what I think.'
- "Behold, I waited for your words, I listened to your reasonings, While you pondered what to say.
- "I even paid close attention to you; Indeed, there was no one who refuted Job, Not one of you who answered his words.
- "Do not say, " We have found wisdom; God will rout him, not man.'
- "For he has not arranged his words against me, Nor will I reply to him with your arguments.
- "They are dismayed, they no longer answer; Words have failed them.
- "Shall I wait, because they do not speak, Because they stop and no longer answer?
- "I too will answer my share, I also will tell my opinion.
- "For I am full of words; The spirit within me constrains me.
- "Behold, my belly is like unvented wine, Like new wineskins it is about to burst.
- "Let me speak that I may get relief; Let me open my lips and answer.
- "Let me now be partial to no one, Nor flatter any man.
- "For I do not know how to flatter, Else my Maker would soon take me away. 33
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
Please contact the server administrator at
firstname.lastname@example.org to inform them of the time this error occurred,
and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.