|52 Week Bible Reading Plan|
|Don't like to read? Get the Bible on CD, Cassette, MP3, DVD, or VHS!|
52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
2 Corinthians 11
- Iwish that you would bear with me in a little foolishness; but indeed you are bearing with me.
- For I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy; for I betrothed you to one husband, so that to Christ I might present you as a pure virgin.
- But I am afraid that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ.
- For if one comes and preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted, you bear this beautifully.
- For I consider myself not in the least inferior to the most eminent apostles.
- But even if I am unskilled in speech, yet I am not so in knowledge; in fact, in every way we have made this evident to you in all things.
- Or did I commit a sin in humbling myself so that you might be exalted, because I preached the gospel of God to you without charge?
- I robbed other churches by taking wages from them to serve you;
- and when I was present with you and was in need, I was not a burden to anyone; for when the brethren came from Macedonia they fully supplied my need, and in everything I kept myself from being a burden to you, and will continue to do so.
- As the truth of Christ is in me, this boasting of mine will not be stopped in the regions of Achaia.
- Why? Because I do not love you? God knows I do!
- But what I am doing I will continue to do, so that I may cut off opportunity from those who desire an opportunity to be regarded just as we are in the matter about which they are boasting.
- For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ.
- No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.
- Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds.
- Again I say, let no one think me foolish; but if you do, receive me even as foolish, so that I also may boast a little.
- What I am saying, I am not saying as the Lord would, but as in foolishness, in this confidence of boasting.
- Since many boast according to the flesh, I will boast also.
- For you, being so wise, tolerate the foolish gladly.
- For you tolerate it if anyone enslaves you, anyone devours you, anyone takes advantage of you, anyone exalts himself, anyone hits you in the face.
- To my shame I must say that we have been weak by comparison. But in whatever respect anyone else is boldI speak in foolishnessI am just as bold myself.
- Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they descendants of Abraham? So am I.
- Are they servants of Christ?I speak as if insaneI more so; in far more labors, in far more imprisonments, beaten times without number, often in danger of death.
- Five times I received from the Jews thirty-nine lashes.
- Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I was shipwrecked, a night and a day I have spent in the deep.
- I have been on frequent journeys, in dangers from rivers, dangers from robbers, dangers from my countrymen, dangers from the Gentiles, dangers in the city, dangers in the wilderness, dangers on the sea, dangers among false brethren;
- I have been in labor and hardship, through many sleepless nights, in hunger and thirst, often without food, in cold and exposure.
- Apart from such external things, there is the daily pressure on me of concern for all the churches.
- Who is weak without my being weak? Who is led into sin without my intense concern?
- If I have to boast, I will boast of what pertains to my weakness.
- The God and Father of the Lord Jesus, He who is blessed forever, knows that I am not lying.
- In Damascus the ethnarch under Aretas the king was guarding the city of the Damascenes in order to seize me,
- and I was let down in a basket through a window in the wall, and so escaped his hands. 12
2 Corinthians 12
- Boasting is necessary, though it is not profitable; but I will go on to visions and revelations of the Lord.
- I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago--whether in the body I do not know, or out of the body I do not know, God knows--such a man was caught up to the third heaven.
- And I know how such a man--whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, God knows--
- was caught up into Paradise and heard inexpressible words, which a man is not permitted to speak.
- On behalf of such a man I will boast; but on my own behalf I will not boast, except in regard to my weaknesses.
- For if I do wish to boast I will not be foolish, for I will be speaking the truth; but I refrain from this, so that no one will credit me with more than he sees in me or hears from me.
- Because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, for this reason, to keep me from exalting myself, there was given me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me--to keep me from exalting myself!
- Concerning this I implored the Lord three times that it might leave me.
- And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.' Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.
- Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.
- I have become foolish; you yourselves compelled me. Actually I should have been commended by you, for in no respect was I inferior to the most eminent apostles, even though I am a nobody.
- The signs of a true apostle were performed among you with all perseverance, by signs and wonders and miracles.
- For in what respect were you treated as inferior to the rest of the churches, except that I myself did not become a burden to you? Forgive me this wrong!
- Here for this third time I am ready to come to you, and I will not be a burden to you; for I do not seek what is yours, but you; for children are not responsible to save up for their parents, but parents for their children.
- I will most gladly spend and be expended for your souls. If I love you more, am I to be loved less?
- But be that as it may, I did not burden you myself; nevertheless, crafty fellow that I am, I took you in by deceit.
- Certainly I have not taken advantage of you through any of those whom I have sent to you, have I?
- I urged Titus to go, and I sent the brother with him. Titus did not take any advantage of you, did he? Did we not conduct ourselves in the same spirit and walk in the same steps?
- All this time you have been thinking that we are defending ourselves to you. Actually, it is in the sight of God that we have been speaking in Christ; and all for your upbuilding, beloved.
- For I am afraid that perhaps when I come I may find you to be not what I wish and may be found by you to be not what you wish; that perhaps there will be strife, jealousy, angry tempers, disputes, slanders, gossip, arrogance, disturbances;
- I am afraid that when I come again my God may humiliate me before you, and I may mourn over many of those who have sinned in the past and not repented of the impurity, immorality and sensuality which they have practiced. 13
2 Corinthians 13
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
- This is the third time I am coming to you. EVERY FACT IS TO BE CONFIRMED BY THE TESTIMONY OF TWO OR THREE WITNESSES.
- I have previously said when present the second time, and though now absent I say in advance to those who have sinned in the past and to all the rest as well, that if I come again I will not spare anyone,
- since you are seeking for proof of the Christ who speaks in me, and who is not weak toward you, but mighty in you.
- For indeed He was crucified because of weakness, yet He lives because of the power of God. For we also are weak in Him, yet we will live with Him because of the power of God directed toward you.
- Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you--unless indeed you fail the test?
- But I trust that you will realize that we ourselves do not fail the test.
- Now we pray to God that you do no wrong; not that we ourselves may appear approved, but that you may do what is right, even though we may appear unapproved.
- For we can do nothing against the truth, but only for the truth.
- For we rejoice when we ourselves are weak but you are strong; this we also pray for, that you be made complete.
- For this reason I am writing these things while absent, so that when present I need not use severity, in accordance with the authority which the Lord gave me for building up and not for tearing down.
- Finally, brethren, rejoice, be made complete, be comforted, be like-minded, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you.
- Greet one another with a holy kiss.
- All the saints greet you.
- The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all.
You don't have permission to access /sampleinc.inc
on this server.