|52 Week Bible Reading Plan|
|Don't like to read? Get the Bible on CD, Cassette, MP3, DVD, or VHS!|
52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off ]
- My son, if you will receive my words And treasure my commandments within you,
- Make your ear attentive to wisdom, Incline your heart to understanding;
- For if you cry for discernment, Lift your voice for understanding;
- If you seek her as silver And search for her as for hidden treasures;
- Then you will discern the fear of the LORD And discover the knowledge of God.
- For the LORD gives wisdom; From His mouth come knowledge and understanding.
- He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; He is a shield to those who walk in integrity,
- Guarding the paths of justice, And He preserves the way of His godly ones.
- Then you will discern righteousness and justice And equity and every good course.
- For wisdom will enter your heart And knowledge will be pleasant to your soul;
- Discretion will guard you, Understanding will watch over you,
- To deliver you from the way of evil, From the man who speaks perverse things;
- From those who leave the paths of uprightness To walk in the ways of darkness;
- Who delight in doing evil And rejoice in the perversity of evil;
- Whose paths are crooked, And who are devious in their ways;
- To deliver you from the strange woman, From the adulteress who flatters with her words;
- That leaves the companion of her youth And forgets the covenant of her God;
- For her house sinks down to death And her tracks lead to the dead;
- None who go to her return again, Nor do they reach the paths of life.
- So you will walk in the way of good men And keep to the paths of the righteous.
- For the upright will live in the land And the blameless will remain in it;
- But the wicked will be cut off from the land And the treacherous will be uprooted from it. 3
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
- My son, do not forget my teaching, But let your heart keep my commandments;
- For length of days and years of life And peace they will add to you.
- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.
- So you will find favor and good repute In the sight of God and man.
- Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.
- In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.
- Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and turn away from evil.
- It will be healing to your body And refreshment to your bones.
- Honor the LORD from your wealth And from the first of all your produce;
- So your barns will be filled with plenty And your vats will overflow with new wine.
- My son, do not reject the discipline of the LORD Or loathe His reproof,
- For whom the LORD loves He reproves, Even as a father corrects the son in whom he delights.
- How blessed is the man who finds wisdom And the man who gains understanding.
- For her profit is better than the profit of silver And her gain better than fine gold.
- She is more precious than jewels; And nothing you desire compares with her.
- Long life is in her right hand; In her left hand are riches and honor.
- Her ways are pleasant ways And all her paths are peace.
- She is a tree of life to those who take hold of her, And happy are all who hold her fast.
- The LORD by wisdom founded the earth, By understanding He established the heavens.
- By His knowledge the deeps were broken up And the skies drip with dew.
- My son, let them not vanish from your sight; Keep sound wisdom and discretion,
- So they will be life to your soul And adornment to your neck.
- Then you will walk in your way securely And your foot will not stumble.
- When you lie down, you will not be afraid; When you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.
- Do not be afraid of sudden fear Nor of the onslaught of the wicked when it comes;
- For the LORD will be your confidence And will keep your foot from being caught.
- Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, When it is in your power to do it.
- Do not say to your neighbor, "Go, and come back, And tomorrow I will give it,' When you have it with you.
- Do not devise harm against your neighbor, While he lives securely beside you.
- Do not contend with a man without cause, If he has done you no harm.
- Do not envy a man of violence And do not choose any of his ways.
- For the devious are an abomination to the LORD; But He is intimate with the upright.
- The curse of the LORD is on the house of the wicked, But He blesses the dwelling of the righteous.
- Though He scoffs at the scoffers, Yet He gives grace to the afflicted.
- The wise will inherit honor, But fools display dishonor. 4
You don't have permission to access /sampleinc.inc
on this server.