|52 Week Bible Reading Plan|
|Want to read through the Bible in a year? This plan can help you!|
52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
1 Timothy 4
- But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons,
- by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron,
- men who forbid marriage and advocate abstaining from foods which God has created to be gratefully shared in by those who believe and know the truth.
- For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with gratitude;
- for it is sanctified by means of the word of God and prayer.
- In pointing out these things to the brethren, you will be a good servant of Christ Jesus, constantly nourished on the words of the faith and of the sound doctrine which you have been following.
- But have nothing to do with worldly fables fit only for old women. On the other hand, discipline yourself for the purpose of godliness;
- for bodily discipline is only of little profit, but godliness is profitable for all things, since it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.
- It is a trustworthy statement deserving full acceptance.
- For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers.
- Prescribe and teach these things.
- Let no one look down on your youthfulness, but rather in speech, conduct, love, faith and purity, show yourself an example of those who believe.
- Until I come, give attention to the public reading of Scripture, to exhortation and teaching.
- Do not neglect the spiritual gift within you, which was bestowed on you through prophetic utterance with the laying on of hands by the presbytery.
- Take pains with these things; be absorbed in them, so that your progress will be evident to all.
- Pay close attention to yourself and to your teaching; persevere in these things, for as you do this you will ensure salvation both for yourself and for those who hear you. 5
1 Timothy 5
- Do not sharply rebuke an older man, but rather appeal to him as a father, to the younger men as brothers,
- the older women as mothers, and the younger women as sisters, in all purity.
- Honor widows who are widows indeed;
- but if any widow has children or grandchildren, they must first learn to practice piety in regard to their own family and to make some return to their parents; for this is acceptable in the sight of God.
- Now she who is a widow indeed and who has been left alone, has fixed her hope on God and continues in entreaties and prayers night and day.
- But she who gives herself to wanton pleasure is dead even while she lives.
- Prescribe these things as well, so that they may be above reproach.
- But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.
- A widow is to be put on the list only if she is not less than sixty years old, having been the wife of one man,
- having a reputation for good works; and if she has brought up children, if she has shown hospitality to strangers, if she has washed the saints' feet, if she has assisted those in distress, and if she has devoted herself to every good work.
- But refuse to put younger widows on the list, for when they feel sensual desires in disregard of Christ, they want to get married,
- thus incurring condemnation, because they have set aside their previous pledge.
- At the same time they also learn to be idle, as they go around from house to house; and not merely idle, but also gossips and busybodies, talking about things not proper to mention.
- Therefore, I want younger widows to get married, bear children, keep house, and give the enemy no occasion for reproach;
- for some have already turned aside to follow Satan.
- If any woman who is a believer has dependent widows, she must assist them and the church must not be burdened, so that it may assist those who are widows indeed.
- The elders who rule well are to be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who work hard at preaching and teaching.
- For the Scripture says, " YOU SHALL NOT MUZZLE THE OX WHILE HE IS THRESHING,' and " The laborer is worthy of his wages.'
- Do not receive an accusation against an elder except on the basis of two or three witnesses.
- Those who continue in sin, rebuke in the presence of all, so that the rest also will be fearful of sinning.
- I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus and of His chosen angels, to maintain these principles without bias, doing nothing in a spirit of partiality.
- Do not lay hands upon anyone too hastily and thereby share responsibility for the sins of others; keep yourself free from sin.
- No longer drink water exclusively, but use a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent ailments.
- The sins of some men are quite evident, going before them to judgment; for others, their sins follow after.
- Likewise also, deeds that are good are quite evident, and those which are otherwise cannot be concealed. 6
1 Timothy 6
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
500 Internal Server Error
- All who are under the yoke as slaves are to regard their own masters as worthy of all honor so that the name of God and our doctrine will not be spoken against.
- Those who have believers as their masters must not be disrespectful to them because they are brethren, but must serve them all the more, because those who partake of the benefit are believers and beloved. Teach and preach these principles.
- If anyone advocates a different doctrine and does not agree with sound words, those of our Lord Jesus Christ, and with the doctrine conforming to godliness,
- he is conceited and understands nothing; but he has a morbid interest in controversial questions and disputes about words, out of which arise envy, strife, abusive language, evil suspicions,
- and constant friction between men of depraved mind and deprived of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain.
- But godliness actually is a means of great gain when accompanied by contentment.
- For we have brought nothing into the world, so we cannot take anything out of it either.
- If we have food and covering, with these we shall be content.
- But those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a snare and many foolish and harmful desires which plunge men into ruin and destruction.
- For the love of money is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.
- But flee from these things, you man of God, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, perseverance and gentleness.
- Fight the good fight of faith; take hold of the eternal life to which you were called, and you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
- I charge you in the presence of God, who gives life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who testified the good confession before Pontius Pilate,
- that you keep the commandment without stain or reproach until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ,
- which He will bring about at the proper timeHe who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords,
- who alone possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see. To Him be honor and eternal dominion! Amen.
- Instruct those who are rich in this present world not to be conceited or to fix their hope on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly supplies us with all things to enjoy.
- Instruct them to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share,
- storing up for themselves the treasure of a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is life indeed.
- O Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to you, avoiding worldly and empty chatter and the opposing arguments of what is falsely called "knowledge'
- which some have professed and thus gone astray from the faith. Grace be with you.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
Please contact the server administrator at
email@example.com to inform them of the time this error occurred,
and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.