52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
2 Timothy 1
- Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, according to the promise of life in Christ Jesus,
- To Timothy, my beloved son: Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.
- I thank God, whom I serve with a clear conscience the way my forefathers did, as I constantly remember you in my prayers night and day,
- longing to see you, even as I recall your tears, so that I may be filled with joy.
- For I am mindful of the sincere faith within you, which first dwelt in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice, and I am sure that it is in you as well.
- For this reason I remind you to kindle afresh the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands.
- For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline.
- Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord or of me His prisoner, but join with me in suffering for the gospel according to the power of God,
- who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was granted us in Christ Jesus from all eternity,
- but now has been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel,
- for which I was appointed a preacher and an apostle and a teacher.
- For this reason I also suffer these things, but I am not ashamed; for I know whom I have believed and I am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him until that day.
- Retain the standard of sound words which you have heard from me, in the faith and love which are in Christ Jesus.
- Guard, through the Holy Spirit who dwells in us, the treasure which has been entrusted to you.
- You are aware of the fact that all who are in Asia turned away from me, among whom are Phygelus and Hermogenes.
- The Lord grant mercy to the house of Onesiphorus, for he often refreshed me and was not ashamed of my chains;
- but when he was in Rome, he eagerly searched for me and found me--
- the Lord grant to him to find mercy from the Lord on that day--and you know very well what services he rendered at Ephesus.
2 Timothy 2
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
- You therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
- The things which you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, entrust these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.
- Suffer hardship with me, as a good soldier of Christ Jesus.
- No soldier in active service entangles himself in the affairs of everyday life, so that he may please the one who enlisted him as a soldier.
- Also if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not win the prize unless he competes according to the rules.
- The hard-working farmer ought to be the first to receive his share of the crops.
- Consider what I say, for the Lord will give you understanding in everything.
- Remember Jesus Christ, risen from the dead, descendant of David, according to my gospel,
- for which I suffer hardship even to imprisonment as a criminal; but the word of God is not imprisoned.
- For this reason I endure all things for the sake of those who are chosen, so that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus and with it eternal glory.
- It is a trustworthy statement: For if we died with Him, we will also live with Him;
- If we endure, we will also reign with Him; If we deny Him, He also will deny us;
- If we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself.
- Remind them of these things, and solemnly charge them in the presence of God not to wrangle about words, which is useless and leads to the ruin of the hearers.
- Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth.
- But avoid worldly and empty chatter, for it will lead to further ungodliness,
- and their talk will spread like gangrene. Among them are Hymenaeus and Philetus,
- men who have gone astray from the truth saying that the resurrection has already taken place, and they upset the faith of some.
- Nevertheless, the firm foundation of God stands, having this seal, " The Lord knows those who are His,' and, " Everyone who names the name of the Lord is to abstain from wickedness.'
- Now in a large house there are not only gold and silver vessels, but also vessels of wood and of earthenware, and some to honor and some to dishonor.
- Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from these things, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work.
- Now flee from youthful lusts and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart.
- But refuse foolish and ignorant speculations, knowing that they produce quarrels.
- The Lord's bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged,
- with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth,
- and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, having been held captive by him to do his will.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.