|52 Week Bible Reading Plan|
|Don't like to read? Get the Bible on CD, Cassette, MP3, DVD, or VHS!|
52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- What is the source of quarrels and conflicts among you? Is not the source your pleasures that wage war in your members?
- You lust and do not have; so you commit murder. You are envious and cannot obtain; so you fight and quarrel. You do not have because you do not ask.
- You ask and do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, so that you may spend it on your pleasures.
- You adulteresses, do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.
- Or do you think that the Scripture speaks to no purpose: " He jealously desires the Spirit which He has made to dwell in us'?
- But He gives a greater grace. Therefore it says, " GOD IS OPPOSED TO THE PROUD, BUT GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE.'
- Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
- Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
- Be miserable and mourn and weep; let your laughter be turned into mourning and your joy to gloom.
- Humble yourselves in the presence of the Lord, and He will exalt you.
- Do not speak against one another, brethren. He who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks against the law and judges the law; but if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge of it.
- There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the One who is able to save and to destroy; but who are you who judge your neighbor?
- Come now, you who say, " Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, and spend a year there and engage in business and make a profit.'
- Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away.
- Instead, you ought to say, " If the Lord wills, we will live and also do this or that.'
- But as it is, you boast in your arrogance; all such boasting is evil.
- Therefore, to one who knows the right thing to do and does not do it, to him it is sin. 5
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
- Come now, you rich, weep and howl for your miseries which are coming upon you.
- Your riches have rotted and your garments have become moth-eaten.
- Your gold and your silver have rusted; and their rust will be a witness against you and will consume your flesh like fire. It is in the last days that you have stored up your treasure!
- Behold, the pay of the laborers who mowed your fields, and which has been withheld by you, cries out against you; and the outcry of those who did the harvesting has reached the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth.
- You have lived luxuriously on the earth and led a life of wanton pleasure; you have fattened your hearts in a day of slaughter.
- You have condemned and put to death the righteous man; he does not resist you.
- Therefore be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. The farmer waits for the precious produce of the soil, being patient about it, until it gets the early and late rains.
- You too be patient; strengthen your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is near.
- Do not complain, brethren, against one another, so that you yourselves may not be judged; behold, the Judge is standing right at the door.
- As an example, brethren, of suffering and patience, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord.
- We count those blessed who endured. You have heard of the endurance of Job and have seen the outcome of the Lord's dealings, that the Lord is full of compassion and is merciful.
- But above all, my brethren, do not swear, either by heaven or by earth or with any other oath; but your yes is to be yes, and your no, no, so that you may not fall under judgment.
- Is anyone among you suffering? Then he must pray. Is anyone cheerful? He is to sing praises.
- Is anyone among you sick? Then he must call for the elders of the church and they are to pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord;
- and the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up, and if he has committed sins, they will be forgiven him.
- Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.
- Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the earth for three years and six months.
- Then he prayed again, and the sky poured rain and the earth produced its fruit.
- My brethren, if any among you strays from the truth and one turns him back,
- let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.
You don't have permission to access /sampleinc.inc
on this server.