52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
1 Peter 4
- Therefore, since Christ has suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same purpose, because he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin,
- so as to live the rest of the time in the flesh no longer for the lusts of men, but for the will of God.
- For the time already past is sufficient for you to have carried out the desire of the Gentiles, having pursued a course of sensuality, lusts, drunkenness, carousing, drinking parties and abominable idolatries.
- In all this, they are surprised that you do not run with them into the same excesses of dissipation, and they malign you;
- but they will give account to Him who is ready to judge the living and the dead.
- For the gospel has for this purpose been preached even to those who are dead, that though they are judged in the flesh as men, they may live in the spirit according to the will of God.
- The end of all things is near; therefore, be of sound judgment and sober spirit for the purpose of prayer.
- Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins.
- Be hospitable to one another without complaint.
- As each one has received a special gift, employ it in serving one another as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.
- Whoever speaks, is to do so as one who is speaking the utterances of God; whoever serves is to do so as one who is serving by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
- Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal among you, which comes upon you for your testing, as though some strange thing were happening to you;
- but to the degree that you share the sufferings of Christ, keep on rejoicing, so that also at the revelation of His glory you may rejoice with exultation.
- If you are reviled for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you.
- Make sure that none of you suffers as a murderer, or thief, or evildoer, or a troublesome meddler;
- but if anyone suffers as a Christian, he is not to be ashamed, but is to glorify God in this name.
- For it is time for judgment to begin with the household of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God?
- AND IF IT IS WITH DIFFICULTY THAT THE RIGHTEOUS IS SAVED, WHAT WILL BECOME OF THE GODLESS MAN AND THE SINNER?
- Therefore, those also who suffer according to the will of God shall entrust their souls to a faithful Creator in doing what is right. 5
1 Peter 5
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
500 Internal Server Error
- Therefore, I exhort the elders among you, as your fellow elder and witness of the sufferings of Christ, and a partaker also of the glory that is to be revealed,
- shepherd the flock of God among you, exercising oversight not under compulsion, but voluntarily, according to the will of God; and not for sordid gain, but with eagerness;
- nor yet as lording it over those allotted to your charge, but proving to be examples to the flock.
- And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the unfading crown of glory.
- You younger men, likewise, be subject to your elders; and all of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, for GOD IS OPPOSED TO THE PROUD, BUT GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE.
- Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time,
- casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.
- Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.
- But resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your brethren who are in the world.
- After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.
- To Him be dominion forever and ever. Amen.
- Through Silvanus, our faithful brother (for so I regard him), I have written to you briefly, exhorting and testifying that this is the true grace of God. Stand firm in it!
- She who is in Babylon, chosen together with you, sends you greetings, and so does my son, Mark.
- Greet one another with a kiss of love. Peace be to you all who are in Christ.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
Please contact the server administrator at
firstname.lastname@example.org to inform them of the time this error occurred,
and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.