52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
1 Corinthians 1
- Paul, called as an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,
- To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, saints by calling, with all who in every place call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours:
- Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
- I thank my God always concerning you for the grace of God which was given you in Christ Jesus,
- that in everything you were enriched in Him, in all speech and all knowledge,
- even as the testimony concerning Christ was confirmed in you,
- so that you are not lacking in any gift, awaiting eagerly the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ,
- who will also confirm you to the end, blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
- Now I exhort you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all agree and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be made complete in the same mind and in the same judgment.
- For I have been informed concerning you, my brethren, by Chloe's people, that there are quarrels among you.
- Now I mean this, that each one of you is saying, "I am of Paul,' and "I of Apollos,' and "I of Cephas,' and "I of Christ.'
- Has Christ been divided? Paul was not crucified for you, was he? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?
- I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius,
- so that no one would say you were baptized in my name.
- Now I did baptize also the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I do not know whether I baptized any other.
- For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not in cleverness of speech, so that the cross of Christ would not be made void.
- For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
- For it is written, " I WILL DESTROY THE WISDOM OF THE WISE, AND THE CLEVERNESS OF THE CLEVER I WILL SET ASIDE.'
- Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?
- For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
- For indeed Jews ask for signs and Greeks search for wisdom;
- but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block and to Gentiles foolishness,
- but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.
- Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
- For consider your calling, brethren, that there were not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble;
- but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong,
- and the base things of the world and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may nullify the things that are,
- so that no man may boast before God.
- But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption,
- so that, just as it is written, " LET HIM WHO BOASTS, BOAST IN THE LORD.' 2
1 Corinthians 2
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
- And when I came to you, brethren, I did not come with superiority of speech or of wisdom, proclaiming to you the testimony of God.
- For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified.
- I was with you in weakness and in fear and in much trembling,
- and my message and my preaching were not in persuasive words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
- so that your faith would not rest on the wisdom of men, but on the power of God.
- Yet we do speak wisdom among those who are mature; a wisdom, however, not of this age nor of the rulers of this age, who are passing away;
- but we speak God's wisdom in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God predestined before the ages to our glory;
- the wisdom which none of the rulers of this age has understood; for if they had understood it they would not have crucified the Lord of glory;
- but just as it is written, " THINGS WHICH EYE HAS NOT SEEN AND EAR HAS NOT HEARD, AND WHICH HAVE NOT ENTERED THE HEART OF MAN, ALL THAT GOD HAS PREPARED FOR THOSE WHO LOVE HIM.'
- For to us God revealed them through the Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God.
- For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so the thoughts of God no one knows except the Spirit of God.
- Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God,
- which things we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words.
- But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.
- But he who is spiritual appraises all things, yet he himself is appraised by no one.
- For WHO HAS KNOWN THE MIND OF THE LORD, THAT HE WILL INSTRUCT HIM? But we have the mind of Christ. 3
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.