|52 Week Bible Reading Plan|
|Want to read through the Bible in a year? This plan can help you!|
52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- "I have made a covenant with my eyes; how then could I look upon a virgin?
- What would be my portion from God above, and my heritage from the Almighty on high?
- Does not calamity befall the unrighteous, and disaster the workers of iniquity?
- Does not he see my ways, and number all my steps?
- "If I have walked with falsehood, and my foot has hastened to deceit;
- (Let me be weighed in a just balance, and let God know my integrity!)
- if my step has turned aside from the way, and my heart has gone after my eyes, and if any spot has cleaved to my hands;
- then let me sow, and another eat; and let what grows for me be rooted out.
- "If my heart has been enticed to a woman, and I have lain in wait at my neighbor's door;
- then let my wife grind for another, and let others bow down upon her.
- For that would be a heinous crime; that would be an iniquity to be punished by the judges;
- for that would be a fire which consumes unto Abaddon, and it would burn to the root all my increase.
- "If I have rejected the cause of my manservant or my maidservant, when they brought a complaint against me;
- what then shall I do when God rises up? When he makes inquiry, what shall I answer him?
- Did not he who made me in the womb make him? And did not one fashion us in the womb?
- "If I have withheld anything that the poor desired, or have caused the eyes of the widow to fail,
- or have eaten my morsel alone, and the fatherless has not eaten of it
- (for from his youth I reared him as a father, and from his mother's womb I guided him);
- if I have seen any one perish for lack of clothing, or a poor man without covering;
- if his loins have not blessed me, and if he was not warmed with the fleece of my sheep;
- if I have raised my hand against the fatherless, because I saw help in the gate;
- then let my shoulder blade fall from my shoulder, and let my arm be broken from its socket.
- For I was in terror of calamity from God, and I could not have faced his majesty.
- "If I have made gold my trust, or called fine gold my confidence;
- if I have rejoiced because my wealth was great, or because my hand had gotten much;
- if I have looked at the sun when it shone, or the moon moving in splendor,
- and my heart has been secretly enticed, and my mouth has kissed my hand;
- this also would be an iniquity to be punished by the judges, for I should have been false to God above.
- "If I have rejoiced at the ruin of him that hated me, or exulted when evil overtook him
- (I have not let my mouth sin by asking for his life with a curse);
- if the men of my tent have not said, 'Who is there that has not been filled with his meat?'
- (the sojourner has not lodged in the street; I have opened my doors to the wayfarer);
- if I have concealed my transgressions from men, by hiding my iniquity in my bosom,
- because I stood in great fear of the multitude, and the contempt of families terrified me, so that I kept silence, and did not go out of doors--
- Oh, that I had one to hear me! (Here is my signature! let the Almighty answer me!) Oh, that I had the indictment written by my adversary!
- Surely I would carry it on my shoulder; I would bind it on me as a crown;
- I would give him an account of all my steps; like a prince I would approach him.
- "If my land has cried out against me, and its furrows have wept together;
- if I have eaten its yield without payment, and caused the death of its owners;
- let thorns grow instead of wheat, and foul weeds instead of barley." The words of Job are ended.
500 Internal Server Error
- So these three men ceased to answer Job, because he was righteous in his own eyes.
- Then Eli'hu the son of Bar'achel the Buzite, of the family of Ram, became angry. He was angry at Job because he justified himself rather than God;
- he was angry also at Job's three friends because they had found no answer, although they had declared Job to be in the wrong.
- Now Eli'hu had waited to speak to Job because they were older than he.
- And when Eli'hu saw that there was no answer in the mouth of these three men, he became angry.
- And Eli'hu the son of Bar'achel the Buzite answered: "I am young in years, and you are aged; therefore I was timid and afraid to declare my opinion to you.
- I said, 'Let days speak, and many years teach wisdom.'
- But it is the spirit in a man, the breath of the Almighty, that makes him understand.
- It is not the old that are wise, nor the aged that understand what is right.
- Therefore I say, 'Listen to me; let me also declare my opinion.'
- "Behold, I waited for your words, I listened for your wise sayings, while you searched out what to say.
- I gave you my attention, and, behold, there was none that confuted Job, or that answered his words, among you.
- Beware lest you say, 'We have found wisdom; God may vanquish him, not man.'
- He has not directed his words against me, and I will not answer him with your speeches.
- "They are discomfited, they answer no more; they have not a word to say.
- And shall I wait, because they do not speak, because they stand there, and answer no more?
- I also will give my answer; I also will declare my opinion.
- For I am full of words, the spirit within me constrains me.
- Behold, my heart is like wine that has no vent; like new wineskins, it is ready to burst.
- I must speak, that I may find relief; I must open my lips and answer.
- I will not show partiality to any person or use flattery toward any man.
- For I do not know how to flatter, else would my Maker soon put an end to me.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
Please contact the server administrator at
email@example.com to inform them of the time this error occurred,
and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.