|52 Week Bible Reading Plan|
|Don't like to read? Get the Bible on CD, Cassette, MP3, DVD, or VHS!|
52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off ]
- I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of the calling to which you have been called,
- with all lowliness and meekness, with patience, forbearing one another in love,
- eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
- There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call,
- one Lord, one faith, one baptism,
- one God and Father of us all, who is above all and through all and in all.
- But grace was given to each of us according to the measure of Christ's gift.
- Therefore it is said, "When he ascended on high he led a host of captives, and he gave gifts to men."
- (In saying, "He ascended," what does it mean but that he had also descended into the lower parts of the earth?
- He who descended is he who also ascended far above all the heavens, that he might fill all things.)
- And his gifts were that some should be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers,
- to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ,
- until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ;
- so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the cunning of men, by their craftiness in deceitful wiles.
- Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ,
- from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by every joint with which it is supplied, when each part is working properly, makes bodily growth and upbuilds itself in love.
- Now this I affirm and testify in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their minds;
- they are darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, due to their hardness of heart;
- they have become callous and have given themselves up to licentiousness, greedy to practice every kind of uncleanness.
- You did not so learn Christ! --
- assuming that you have heard about him and were taught in him, as the truth is in Jesus.
- Put off your old nature which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful lusts,
- and be renewed in the spirit of your minds,
- and put on the new nature, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness.
- Therefore, putting away falsehood, let every one speak the truth with his neighbor, for we are members one of another.
- Be angry but do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger,
- and give no opportunity to the devil.
- Let the thief no longer steal, but rather let him labor, doing honest work with his hands, so that he may be able to give to those in need.
- Let no evil talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for edifying, as fits the occasion, that it may impart grace to those who hear.
- And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, in whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
- Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, with all malice,
- and be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
- Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children.
- And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
- But fornication and all impurity or covetousness must not even be named among you, as is fitting among saints.
- Let there be no filthiness, nor silly talk, nor levity, which are not fitting; but instead let there be thanksgiving.
- Be sure of this, that no fornicator or impure man, or one who is covetous (that is, an idolater), has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
- Let no one deceive you with empty words, for it is because of these things that the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.
- Therefore do not associate with them,
- for once you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord; walk as children of light
- (for the fruit of light is found in all that is good and right and true),
- and try to learn what is pleasing to the Lord.
- Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.
- For it is a shame even to speak of the things that they do in secret;
- but when anything is exposed by the light it becomes visible, for anything that becomes visible is light.
- Therefore it is said, "Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give you light."
- Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise,
- making the most of the time, because the days are evil.
- Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
- And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery; but be filled with the Spirit,
- addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with all your heart,
- always and for everything giving thanks in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God the Father.
- Be subject to one another out of reverence for Christ.
- Wives, be subject to your husbands, as to the Lord.
- For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior.
- As the church is subject to Christ, so let wives also be subject in everything to their husbands.
- Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her,
- that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word,
- that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish.
- Even so husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.
- For no man ever hates his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, as Christ does the church,
- because we are members of his body.
- "For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh."
- This mystery is a profound one, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church;
- however, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.
- Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.
- "Honor your father and mother" (this is the first commandment with a promise),
- "that it may be well with you and that you may live long on the earth."
- Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.
- Slaves, be obedient to those who are your earthly masters, with fear and trembling, in singleness of heart, as to Christ;
- not in the way of eye-service, as men-pleasers, but as servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart,
- rendering service with a good will as to the Lord and not to men,
- knowing that whatever good any one does, he will receive the same again from the Lord, whether he is a slave or free.
- Masters, do the same to them, and forbear threatening, knowing that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and that there is no partiality with him.
- Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might.
- Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
- For we are not contending against flesh and blood, but against the principalities, against the powers, against the world rulers of this present darkness, against the spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
- Therefore take the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
- Stand therefore, having girded your loins with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness,
- and having shod your feet with the equipment of the gospel of peace;
- besides all these, taking the shield of faith, with which you can quench all the flaming darts of the evil one.
- And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
- Pray at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,
- and also for me, that utterance may be given me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel,
- for which I am an ambassador in chains; that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak.
- Now that you also may know how I am and what I am doing, Tych'icus the beloved brother and faithful minister in the Lord will tell you everything.
- I have sent him to you for this very purpose, that you may know how we are, and that he may encourage your hearts.
- Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Grace be with all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with love undying.
You don't have permission to access /sampleinc.inc
on this server.