52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off ]
1 Thessalonians 4
- Finally, brethren, we beseech and exhort you in the Lord Jesus, that as you learned from us how you ought to live and to please God, just as you are doing, you do so more and more.
- For you know what instructions we gave you through the Lord Jesus.
- For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from unchastity;
- that each one of you know how to take a wife for himself in holiness and honor,
- not in the passion of lust like heathen who do not know God;
- that no man transgress, and wrong his brother in this matter, because the Lord is an avenger in all these things, as we solemnly forewarned you.
- For God has not called us for uncleanness, but in holiness.
- Therefore whoever disregards this, disregards not man but God, who gives his Holy Spirit to you.
- But concerning love of the brethren you have no need to have any one write to you, for you yourselves have been taught by God to love one another;
- and indeed you do love all the brethren throughout Macedo'nia. But we exhort you, brethren, to do so more and more,
- to aspire to live quietly, to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we charged you;
- so that you may command the respect of outsiders, and be dependent on nobody.
- But we would not have you ignorant, brethren, concerning those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope.
- For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep.
- For this we declare to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, shall not precede those who have fallen asleep.
- For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the archangel's call, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first;
- then we who are alive, who are left, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so we shall always be with the Lord.
- Therefore comfort one another with these words.
1 Thessalonians 5
- But as to the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need to have anything written to you.
- For you yourselves know well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.
- When people say, "There is peace and security," then sudden destruction will come upon them as travail comes upon a woman with child, and there will be no escape.
- But you are not in darkness, brethren, for that day to surprise you like a thief.
- For you are all sons of light and sons of the day; we are not of the night or of darkness.
- So then let us not sleep, as others do, but let us keep awake and be sober.
- For those who sleep sleep at night, and those who get drunk are drunk at night.
- But, since we belong to the day, let us be sober, and put on the breastplate of faith and love, and for a helmet the hope of salvation.
- For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,
- who died for us so that whether we wake or sleep we might live with him.
- Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.
- But we beseech you, brethren, to respect those who labor among you and are over you in the Lord and admonish you,
- and to esteem them very highly in love because of their work. Be at peace among yourselves.
- And we exhort you, brethren, admonish the idlers, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with them all.
- See that none of you repays evil for evil, but always seek to do good to one another and to all.
- Rejoice always,
- pray constantly,
- give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
- Do not quench the Spirit,
- do not despise prophesying,
- but test everything; hold fast what is good,
- abstain from every form of evil.
- May the God of peace himself sanctify you wholly; and may your spirit and soul and body be kept sound and blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- He who calls you is faithful, and he will do it.
- Brethren, pray for us.
- Greet all the brethren with a holy kiss.
- I adjure you by the Lord that this letter be read to all the brethren.
- The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.