|52 Week Bible Reading Plan|
|ChristianMags.us tracks the lowest price on dozens of Christian magazines!|
52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
1 Peter 1
- Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, To the exiles of the Dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappado'cia, Asia, and Bithyn'ia,
- chosen and destined by God the Father and sanctified by the Spirit for obedience to Jesus Christ and for sprinkling with his blood: May grace and peace be multiplied to you.
- Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! By his great mercy we have been born anew to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
- and to an inheritance which is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you,
- who by God's power are guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
- In this you rejoice, though now for a little while you may have to suffer various trials,
- so that the genuineness of your faith, more precious than gold which though perishable is tested by fire, may redound to praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.
- Without having seen him you love him; though you do not now see him you believe in him and rejoice with unutterable and exalted joy.
- As the outcome of your faith you obtain the salvation of your souls.
- The prophets who prophesied of the grace that was to be yours searched and inquired about this salvation;
- they inquired what person or time was indicated by the Spirit of Christ within them when predicting the sufferings of Christ and the subsequent glory.
- It was revealed to them that they were serving not themselves but you, in the things which have now been announced to you by those who preached the good news to you through the Holy Spirit sent from heaven, things into which angels long to look.
- Therefore gird up your minds, be sober, set your hope fully upon the grace that is coming to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.
- As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance,
- but as he who called you is holy, be holy yourselves in all your conduct;
- since it is written, "You shall be holy, for I am holy."
- And if you invoke as Father him who judges each one impartially according to his deeds, conduct yourselves with fear throughout the time of your exile.
- You know that you were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from your fathers, not with perishable things such as silver or gold,
- but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot.
- He was destined before the foundation of the world but was made manifest at the end of the times for your sake.
- Through him you have confidence in God, who raised him from the dead and gave him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.
- Having purified your souls by your obedience to the truth for a sincere love of the brethren, love one another earnestly from the heart.
- You have been born anew, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God;
- for "All flesh is like grass and all its glory like the flower of grass. The grass withers, and the flower falls,
- but the word of the Lord abides for ever." That word is the good news which was preached to you.
1 Peter 2
- So put away all malice and all guile and insincerity and envy and all slander.
- Like newborn babes, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up to salvation;
- for you have tasted the kindness of the Lord.
- Come to him, to that living stone, rejected by men but in God's sight chosen and precious;
- and like living stones be yourselves built into a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
- For it stands in scripture: "Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone, a cornerstone chosen and precious, and he who believes in him will not be put to shame."
- To you therefore who believe, he is precious, but for those who do not believe, "The very stone which the builders rejected has become the head of the corner,"
- and "A stone that will make men stumble, a rock that will make them fall"; for they stumble because they disobey the word, as they were destined to do.
- But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's own people, that you may declare the wonderful deeds of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.
- Once you were no people but now you are God's people; once you had not received mercy but now you have received mercy.
- Beloved, I beseech you as aliens and exiles to abstain from the passions of the flesh that wage war against your soul.
- Maintain good conduct among the Gentiles, so that in case they speak against you as wrongdoers, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day of visitation.
- Be subject for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme,
- or to governors as sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to praise those who do right.
- For it is God's will that by doing right you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish men.
- Live as free men, yet without using your freedom as a pretext for evil; but live as servants of God.
- Honor all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor.
- Servants, be submissive to your masters with all respect, not only to the kind and gentle but also to the overbearing.
- For one is approved if, mindful of God, he endures pain while suffering unjustly.
- For what credit is it, if when you do wrong and are beaten for it you take it patiently? But if when you do right and suffer for it you take it patiently, you have God's approval.
- For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.
- He committed no sin; no guile was found on his lips.
- When he was reviled, he did not revile in return; when he suffered, he did not threaten; but he trusted to him who judges justly.
- He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.
- For you were straying like sheep, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Guardian of your souls.
1 Peter 3
500 Internal Server Error
- Likewise you wives, be submissive to your husbands, so that some, though they do not obey the word, may be won without a word by the behavior of their wives,
- when they see your reverent and chaste behavior.
- Let not yours be the outward adorning with braiding of hair, decoration of gold, and wearing of fine clothing,
- but let it be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable jewel of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious.
- So once the holy women who hoped in God used to adorn themselves and were submissive to their husbands,
- as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord. And you are now her children if you do right and let nothing terrify you.
- Likewise you husbands, live considerately with your wives, bestowing honor on the woman as the weaker sex, since you are joint heirs of the grace of life, in order that your prayers may not be hindered.
- Finally, all of you, have unity of spirit, sympathy, love of the brethren, a tender heart and a humble mind.
- Do not return evil for evil or reviling for reviling; but on the contrary bless, for to this you have been called, that you may obtain a blessing.
- For "He that would love life and see good days, let him keep his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking guile;
- let him turn away from evil and do right; let him seek peace and pursue it.
- For the eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and his ears are open to their prayer. But the face of the Lord is against those that do evil."
- Now who is there to harm you if you are zealous for what is right?
- But even if you do suffer for righteousness' sake, you will be blessed. Have no fear of them, nor be troubled,
- but in your hearts reverence Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to make a defense to any one who calls you to account for the hope that is in you, yet do it with gentleness and reverence;
- and keep your conscience clear, so that, when you are abused, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame.
- For it is better to suffer for doing right, if that should be God's will, than for doing wrong.
- For Christ also died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit;
- in which he went and preached to the spirits in prison,
- who formerly did not obey, when God's patience waited in the days of Noah, during the building of the ark, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were saved through water.
- Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a clear conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,
- who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, with angels, authorities, and powers subject to him.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
Please contact the server administrator at
email@example.com to inform them of the time this error occurred,
and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.