52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- To the Overseer with stringed instruments. -- An instruction, by David, in the coming in of the Ziphim, and they say to Saul, `Is not David hiding himself with us?' O God, by Thy name save me, and by Thy might judge me.
- O God, hear my prayer, Give ear to the sayings of my mouth,
- For strangers have risen up against me And terrible ones have sought my soul, They have not set God before them. Selah.
- Lo, God [is] a helper to me, The Lord [is] with those supporting my soul,
- Turn back doth the evil thing to mine enemies, In Thy truth cut them off.
- With a free will-offering I sacrifice to Thee, I thank Thy name, O Jehovah, for [it is] good,
- For, from all adversity He delivered me, And on mine enemies hath mine eye looked!
- To the Overseer with stringed instruments. -- An instruction, by David. Give ear, O God, [to] my prayer, And hide not from my supplication.
- Attend to me, and answer me, I mourn in my meditation, and make a noise,
- Because of the voice of an enemy, Because of the oppression of the wicked, For they cause sorrow to move against me, And in anger they hate me.
- My heart is pained within me, And terrors of death have fallen on me.
- Fear and trembling come in to me, And horror doth cover me.
- And I say, `Who doth give to me a pinion as a dove? I fly away and rest,
- Lo, I move far off, I lodge in a wilderness. Selah.
- I hasten escape for myself, From a rushing wind, from a whirlwind.
- Swallow up, O Lord, divide their tongue, For I saw violence and strife in a city.
- By day and by night they go round it, on its walls. Both iniquity and perverseness [are] in its midst,
- Mischiefs [are] in its midst. Fraud and deceit depart not from its street.
- For an enemy reproacheth me not, or I bear [it], He who is hating me Hath not magnified himself against me, Or I hide from him.
- But thou, a man -- as mine equal, My familiar friend, and mine acquaintance.
- When together we sweeten counsel, Into the house of God we walk in company.
- Desolations [are] upon them, They go down [to] Sheol -- alive, For wickedness [is] in their dwelling, in their midst.
- I -- to God I call, and Jehovah saveth me.
- Evening, and morning, and noon, I meditate, and make a noise, and He heareth my voice,
- He hath ransomed in peace my soul From him who is near to me, For with the multitude they were with me.
- God doth hear and afflict them, And He sitteth of old. Selah. Because they have no changes, and fear not God,
- He hath sent forth his hands against his well-wishers, He hath polluted his covenant.
- Sweeter than honey hath been his mouth, And his heart [is] war! Softer have been his words than oil, And they [are] drawn [swords].
- Cast on Jehovah that which He hath given thee, And He doth sustain thee, He doth not suffer for ever the moving of the righteous.
- And Thou, O God, dost bring them down To a pit of destruction, Men of blood and deceit reach not to half their days, And I -- I do trust in Thee!
- To the Overseer. -- `On the Dumb Dove far off.' -- A secret treasure of David, in the Philistines' taking hold of him in Gath. Favour me, O God, for man swallowed me up, All the day fighting he oppresseth me,
- Mine enemies have swallowed up all the day, For many [are] fighting against me, O most High,
- The day I am afraid I am confident toward Thee.
- In God I praise His word, in God I have trusted, I fear not what flesh doth to me.
- All the day they wrest my words, Concerning me all their thoughts [are] for evil,
- They assemble, they hide, they watch my heels, When they have expected my soul.
- By iniquity they escape, In anger the peoples put down, O God.
- My wandering Thou hast counted, Thou -- place Thou my tear in Thy bottle, Are they not in Thy book?
- Then turn back do mine enemies in the day I call. This I have known, that God [is] for me.
- In God I praise the word, In Jehovah I praise the word.
- In God I trusted, I fear not what man doth to me,
- On me, O God, [are] Thy vows, I repay thank-offerings to Thee.
- For Thou hast delivered my soul from death, Dost Thou not my feet from falling? To walk habitually before God in the light of the living!
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.