52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- My son! keep my sayings, And my commands lay up with thee.
- Keep my commands, and live, And my law as the pupil of thine eye.
- Bind them on thy fingers, Write them on the tablet of thy heart.
- Say to wisdom, `My sister Thou [art].' And cry to understanding, `Kinswoman!'
- To preserve thee from a strange woman, From a stranger who hath made smooth her sayings.
- For, at a window of my house, Through my casement I have looked out,
- And I do see among the simple ones, I discern among the sons, A young man lacking understanding,
- Passing on in the street, near her corner, And the way [to] her house he doth step,
- In the twilight -- in the evening of day, In the darkness of night and blackness.
- And, lo, a woman to meet him -- (A harlot's dress, and watchful of heart,
- Noisy she [is], and stubborn, In her house her feet rest not.
- Now in an out-place, now in broad places, And near every corner she lieth in wait) --
- And she laid hold on him, and kissed him, She hath hardened her face, and saith to him,
- `Sacrifices of peace-offerings [are] by me, To-day I have completed my vows.
- Therefore I have come forth to meet thee, To seek earnestly thy face, and I find thee.
- [With] ornamental coverings I decked my couch, Carved works -- cotton of Egypt.
- I sprinkled my bed -- myrrh, aloes, and cinnamon.
- Come, we are filled [with] loves till the morning, We delight ourselves in loves.
- For the man is not in his house, He hath gone on a long journey.
- A bag of money he hath taken in his hand, At the day of the new moon he cometh to his house.'
- She turneth him aside with the abundance of her speech, With the flattery of her lips she forceth him.
- He is going after her straightway, As an ox unto the slaughter he cometh, And as a fetter unto the chastisement of a fool,
- Till an arrow doth split his liver, As a bird hath hastened unto a snare, And hath not known that it [is] for its life.
- And now, ye sons, hearken to me, And give attention to sayings of my mouth.
- Let not thy heart turn unto her ways, Do not wander in her paths,
- For many [are] the wounded she caused to fall, And mighty [are] all her slain ones.
- The ways of Sheol -- her house, Going down unto inner chambers of death!
You don't have permission to access /sampleinc.inc
on this server.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.