|52 Week Bible Reading Plan|
|ChristianMags.us tracks the lowest price on dozens of Christian magazines!|
52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
1 Chronicles 10
- And the Philistines have fought with Israel, and the men of Israel flee from the face of the Philistines, and fall wounded in mount Gilboa,
- and the Philistines pursue after Saul, and after his sons, and the Philistines smite Jonathan, and Abinadab, and Malchi-Shua, sons of Saul.
- And the battle [is] heavy on Saul, and those shooting with the bow find him, and he is wounded by those shooting,
- and Saul saith unto the bearer of his weapons, `Draw thy sword, and pierce me with it, lest these uncircumcised come -- and have abused me.' And the bearer of his weapons hath not been willing, for he feareth exceedingly, and Saul taketh the sword, and falleth upon it;
- and the bearer of his weapons seeth that Saul [is] dead, and falleth, he also, on the sword, and dieth;
- and Saul dieth, and his three sons, and all his house -- together they died.
- And all the men of Israel who [are] in the valley see that they have fled, and that Saul and his sons have died, and they forsake their cities and flee, and the Philistines come and dwell in them.
- And it cometh to pass, on the morrow, that the Philistines come to strip the wounded, and find Saul and his sons fallen in mount Gilboa,
- and strip him, and bear away his head, and his weapons, and send into the land of the Philistines round about to proclaim tidings [to] their idols and the people,
- and put his weapons in the house of their gods, and his skull they have fixed in the house of Dagon.
- And all Jabesh-Gilead hear of all that the Philistines have done to Saul,
- and all the men of valour rise and bear away the body of Saul, and the bodies of his sons, and bring them in to Jabesh, and bury their bones under the oak in Jabesh, and fast seven days.
- And Saul dieth because of his trespass that he trespassed against Jehovah, against the word of Jehovah that he kept not, and also for asking at a familiar spirit -- to inquire, --
- and he inquired not at Jehovah, and He putteth him to death, and turneth round the kingdom to David son of Jesse.
1 Chronicles 11
- And gathered are all Israel unto David to Hebron, saying, `Lo, thy bone and thy flesh [are] we;
- even in time past, even in Saul's being king, it is thou who art taking out and bringing in Israel, and Jehovah thy God saith to thee: Thou dost feed My people Israel, and thou art leader over My people Israel.'
- And all the elders of Israel come in unto the king to Hebron, and David maketh with them a covenant in Hebron before Jehovah, and they anoint David for king over Israel, according to the word of Jehovah by the hand of Samuel.
- And David goeth, and all Israel, to Jerusalem -- it [is] Jebus -- and there the Jebusite, the inhabitants of the land.
- And the inhabitants of Jebus say to David, `Thou dost not come in hither;' and David captureth the fortress of Zion -- it [is] the city of David.
- And David saith, `Whoever smiteth the Jebusite first doth become head and prince;' and go up first doth Joab son of Zeruiah and becometh head.
- And David dwelleth in the fortress, therefore they have called it, `City of David;'
- and he buildeth the city round about, from Millo, and unto the circumference, and Joab restoreth the rest of the city.
- And David goeth, going on and becoming great, and Jehovah of Hosts [is] with him.
- And these [are] heads of the mighty ones whom David hath, who are strengthening themselves with him in his kingdom, with all Israel, to cause him to reign, according to the word of Jehovah, over Israel.
- And this [is] an account of the mighty ones whom David hath: Jashobeam son of a Hachmonite [is] head of the thirty; he is lifting up his spear against three hundred -- wounded, at one time.
- And after him [is] Eleazar son of Dodo the Ahohite, he [is] among the three mighty;
- he hath been with David in Pas-Dammim, and the Philistines have been gathered there to battle, and a portion of the field is full of barley, and the people have fled from the face of the Philistines,
- and they station themselves in the midst of the portion, and deliver it, and smite the Philistines, and Jehovah saveth -- a great salvation.
- And three of the thirty heads go down on the rock unto David, unto the cave of Adullam, and the host of the Philistines is encamping in the valley of Rephaim,
- and David [is] then in the fortress, and the station of the Philistines [is] then in Beth-Lehem,
- and David longeth, and saith, `Who doth give me to drink water from the well of Beth-Lehem, that [is] at the gate!'
- And the three break through the camp of the Philistines, and draw water from the well of Beth-Lehem, that [is] at the gate, and bear and bring in unto David, and David hath not been willing to drink it, and poureth it out to Jehovah,
- and saith, `Far be it from me, by my God, to do this; the blood of these men do I drink with their lives? for with their lives they have brought it;' and he was not willing to drink it; these [things] did the three mighty ones.
- And Abishai brother of Joab, he hath been head of the three: and he is lifting up his spear against three hundred -- wounded, and hath a name among three.
- Of the three by the two he is honoured, and becometh their head; and unto the [first] three he hath not come.
- Benaiah son of Jehoiada, son of a man of valour, of great deeds, from Kabzeel: he hath smitten the two lion-like Moabites, and he hath gone down and smitten the lion in the midst of the pit, in the day of snow.
- And he hath smitten the man, the Egyptian -- a man of measure, five by the cubit -- and in the hand of the Egyptian [is] a spear like a beam of weavers, and he goeth down unto him with a rod, and taketh violently away the spear out of the hand of the Egyptian, and slayeth him with his own spear.
- These [things] hath Benaiah son of Jehoiada done, and hath a name among the three mighty ones.
- Of the thirty, lo, he [is] honoured, and unto the [first] three he hath not come, and David setteth him over his guard.
- And the mighty ones of the forces [are] Asahel brother of Joab, Elhanan son of Dodo of Beth-Lehem,
- Shammoth the Harorite, Helez the Pelonite,
- Ira son of Ikkesh the Tekoite, Abi-Ezer the Annethothite,
- Sibbecai the Hushathite, Ilai the Ahohite,
- Maharai the Netophathite, Heled son of Baanah the Netophathite,
- Ithai son of Ribai of Gibeah, of the sons of Benjamin, Benaiah the Pirathonite,
- Hurai of the brooks of Gaash, Abiel the Arbathite,
- Azmaveth the Baharumite, Eliahba the Shaalbonite,
- the sons of Hashem the Gizonite, Jonathan son of Shage the Hararite,
- Ahiam son of Sacar the Hararite, Eliphal son of Ur,
- Hepher the Mecherathite, Ahijah the Pelonite,
- Hezor the Carmelite, Naarai son of Ezbai,
- Joel brother of Nathan, Mibhar son of Haggeri,
- Zelek the Ammonite, Naharai the Berothite, bearer of the weapons of Joab son of Zeruiah,
- Ira the Ithrite, Gareb the Ithrite,
- Uriah the Hittite, Zabad son of Ahlai,
- Adina son of Shiza the Reubenite, head of the Reubenites, and by him thirty,
- Hanan son of Maachah, and Joshaphat the Mithnite,
- Uzzia the Ashterathite, Shama and Jehiel sons of Hothan the Aroerite,
- Jediael son of Shimri, and Joha his brother the Tizite,
- Eliel the Mahavite, and Jeribai, and Joshaviah, sons of Elnaam, and Ithmah the Moabite,
- Eliel, and Obed, and Jaasiel the Mesobaite.
1 Chronicles 12
- And these [are] those coming in unto David to Ziklag, while shut up because of Saul son of Kish, and they [are] among the mighty ones, helping the battle,
- armed with bow, right and left handed, with stones, and with arrows, with bows, of the brethren of Saul, of Benjamin.
- The head [is] Ahiezer, and Joash, sons of Shemaab the Gibeathite, and Jeziel, and Pelet, sons of Azmaveth, and Berachah, and Jehu the Antothite,
- and Ishmaiah the Gibeonite, a mighty one among the thirty, and over the thirty, and Jeremiah, and Jahaziel, and Johanan, and Josabad the Gederathite.
- Eluzai, and Jerimoth, and Bealiah, and Shemariah, and Shephatiah the Haruphite;
- Elkanah, and Jesiah, and Azareel, and Joezer, and Jashobeam the Korhites,
- and Joelah, and Zebadiah, sons of Jeroham of Gedor.
- And of the Gadite there have been separated unto David, to the fortress, to the wilderness, mighty of valour, men of the host for battle, setting in array target and buckler, and their faces the face of the lion, and as roes on the mountains for speed:
- Ezer the head, Obadiah the second, Eliab the third,
- Mishmannah the fourth, Jeremiah the fifth,
- Attai the sixth, Eliel the seventh,
- Johanan the eighth, Elzabad the ninth,
- Jeremiah the tenth, Machbannai the eleventh.
- These [are] of the sons of Gad, heads of the host, one of a hundred [is] the least, and the greatest, of a thousand;
- these [are] they who have passed over the Jordan in the first month, -- and it is full over all its banks -- and cause all [they of] the valley to flee to the east and to the west.
- And there come of the sons of Benjamin and Judah unto the stronghold to David,
- and David goeth out before them, and answereth and saith to them, `If for peace ye have come in unto me, to help me, I have a heart to unite with you; and if to betray me to mine adversaries -- without violence in my hands -- the God of our fathers doth see and reprove.'
- And the Spirit hath clothed Amasai, head of the captains: `To thee, O David, and with thee, O son of Jesse -- peace! peace to thee, and peace to thy helper, for thy God hath helped thee;' and David receiveth them, and putteth them among the heads of the troop.
- And of Manasseh there have fallen unto David in his coming with the Philistines against Israel to battle -- and they helped them not, for by counsel the princes of the Philistines sent him away, saying, `With our heads he doth fall unto his master Saul.' --
- In his going unto Ziglag there have fallen unto him of Manasseh, Adnah, and Jozabad, and Jediael, and Michael, and Jozabad, and Elihu, and Zillthai, heads of the thousands that [are] of Manasseh;
- and they have helped with David over the troop, for mighty of valour [are] all of them, and they are captains in the host,
- for at that time, day by day, they come in unto David to help him, till it is a great camp, like a camp of God.
- And these [are] the numbers of the head, of the armed men of the host; they have come in unto David to Hebron to turn round the kingdom of Saul unto him, according to the mouth of Jehovah.
- The sons of Judah, bearing target and spear, [are] six thousand and eight hundred, armed ones of the host.
- Of the sons of Simeon, mighty ones of valour for the host, [are] seven thousand and a hundred.
- Of the sons of Levi [are] four thousand and six hundred;
- and Jehoiada [is] the leader of the Aaronite, and with him [are] three thousand and seven hundred,
- and Zadok, a young man, mighty of valour, and of the house of his father [are] twenty and two heads.
- And of the sons of Benjamin, brethren of Saul, [are] three thousand, and hitherto their greater part are keeping the charge of the house of Saul.
- And of the sons of Ephraim [are] twenty thousand and eight hundred, mighty of valour, men of name, according to the house of their fathers.
- And of the half of the tribe of Manasseh [are] eighteen thousand, who have been defined by name, to come in to cause David to reign.
- And of the sons of Issachar, having understanding for the times, to know what Israel should do; their heads [are] two hundred, and all their brethren [are] at their command.
- Of Zebulun, going forth to the host, arranging battle with all instruments of battle, [are] fifty thousand, and keeping rank without a double heart.
- And of Naphtali, a thousand heads, and with them, with target and spear, [are] thirty and seven thousand.
- And of the Danite, arranging battle, [are] twenty and eight thousand and six hundred.
- And of Asher, going forth to the host, to arrange battle, [are] forty thousand.
- And from beyond the Jordan, of the Reubenite, and of the Gadite, and of the half of the tribe of Manasseh, with all instruments of the host for battle, [are] a hundred and twenty thousand.
- All these [are] men of war, keeping rank -- with a perfect heart they have come to Hebron, to cause David to reign over all Israel, and also all the rest of Israel [are] of one heart, to cause David to reign,
- and they are there, with David, three days, eating and drinking, for their brethren have prepared for them.
- And also those near unto them, unto Issachar, and Zebulun, and Naphtali, are bringing in bread on asses, and on camels, and on mules, and on oxen -- food of fine flour, fig-cakes and grape-cakes, and wine, and oil, and oxen, and sheep, in abundance, for joy [is] in Israel.
1 Chronicles 13
- And David consulteth with the heads of the thousands, and of the hundreds, every leader,
- and David saith to all the assembly of Israel, `If unto you it be good, and from Jehovah our God it hath broken forth -- we send unto our brethren, those left in all the lands of Israel, and with them the priests and the Levites, in the cities of their suburbs, and they are gathered unto us,
- and we bring round the ark of our God unto us, for we sought Him not in the days of Saul.'
- And all the assembly say to do so, for the thing is right in the eyes of all the people.
- And David assembleth all Israel from Shihor of Egypt even unto the entering in of Hamath, to bring in the ark of God from Kirjath-Jearim,
- and David goeth up, and all Israel, to Baalah, unto Kirjath-Jearim that [is] to Judah, to bring up thence the ark of God Jehovah, inhabiting the cherubs, where the Name is called on.
- And they place the ark of God on a new cart, from the house of Abinadab, and Uzza and Ahio are leading the cart,
- and David and all Israel are playing before God, with all strength, and with songs, and with harps, and with psalteries, and with timbrels, and with cymbals, and with trumpets.
- And they come in unto the threshing-floor of Chidon, and Uzza putteth forth his hand to seize the ark, for the oxen were released,
- and the anger of Jehovah is kindled against Uzza, and He smiteth him, because that he hath put forth his hand on the ark, and he dieth there before God.
- And it is displeasing to David, because Jehovah hath made a breach upon Uzza, and one calleth that place `Breach of Uzza' unto this day.
- And David feareth God on that day, saying, `How do I bring in unto me the ark of God?'
- And David hath not turned aside the ark unto himself, unto the city of David, and turneth it aside unto the house of Obed-Edom the Gittite.
- And the ark of God dwelleth with the household of Obed-Edom, in his house, three months, and Jehovah blesseth the house of Obed-Edom, and all that he hath.
1 Chronicles 14
500 Internal Server Error
- And Huram king of Tyre sendeth messengers unto David, and cedar-wood, and artificers of walls, and artificers of wood, to build to him a house.
- And David knoweth that Jehovah hath established him for king over Israel, because of the lifting up on high of his kingdom, for the sake of His people Israel.
- And David taketh again wives in Jerusalem, and David begetteth again sons and daughters;
- and these [are] the names of the children whom he hath in Jerusalem: Shammua, and Shobab, Nathan, and Solomon,
- and Ibhar, and Elishua, and Elpalet,
- and Nogah, and Nepheg, and Japhia,
- and Elishama, and Beeliada, and Eliphalet.
- And the Philistines hear that David hath been anointed for king over all Israel, and all the Philistines go up to seek David, and David heareth, and goeth out before them.
- And the Philistines have come, and rush into the valley of Rephaim,
- and David asketh of God, saying, `Do I go up against the Philistines -- and hast Thou given them into my hand?' And Jehovah saith to him, `Go up, and I have given them into thy hand.'
- And they go up into Baal-Perazim, and David smiteth them there, and David saith, `God hath broken up mine enemies by my hand, like the breaking up of waters;' therefore they have called the name of that place Baal-Perazim.
- And they leave there their gods, and David speaketh, and they are burnt with fire.
- And the Philistines add again, and rush into the valley,
- and David asketh again of God, and God saith to him, `Do not go up after them, turn round from them, and thou hast come to them from over-against the mulberries;
- and it cometh to pass, when thou hearest the sound of the stepping at the heads of the mulberries, then thou goest out into battle, for God hath gone out before thee to smite the camp of the Philistines.'
- And David doth as God commanded him, and they smite the camp of the Philistines from Gibeon even unto Gazer;
- and the name of David goeth out into all the lands, and Jehovah hath put his fear on all the nations.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
Please contact the server administrator at
email@example.com to inform them of the time this error occurred,
and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.