52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, and James, and John his brother, and doth bring them up to a high mount by themselves,
- and he was transfigured before them, and his face shone as the sun, and his garments did become white as the light,
- and lo, appear to them did Moses and Elijah, talking together with him.
- And Peter answering said to Jesus, `Sir, it is good to us to be here; if thou wilt, we may make here three booths -- for thee one, and for Moses one, and one for Elijah.'
- While he is yet speaking, lo, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and lo, a voice out of the cloud, saying, `This is My Son, -- the Beloved, in whom I did delight; hear him.'
- And the disciples having heard, did fall upon their face, and were exceedingly afraid,
- and Jesus having come near, touched them, and said, `Rise, be not afraid,'
- and having lifted up their eyes, they saw no one, except Jesus only.
- And as they are coming down from the mount, Jesus charged them, saying, `Say to no one the vision, till the Son of Man out of the dead may rise.'
- And his disciples questioned him, saying, `Why then do the scribes say that Elijah it behoveth to come first?'
- And Jesus answering said to them, `Elijah doth indeed come first, and shall restore all things,
- and I say to you -- Elijah did already come, and they did not know him, but did with him whatever they would, so also the Son of Man is about to suffer by them.'
- Then understood the disciples that concerning John the Baptist he spake to them.
- And when they came unto the multitude, there came to him a man, kneeling down to him,
- and saying, `Sir, deal kindly with my son, for he is lunatic, and doth suffer miserably, for often he doth fall into the fire, and often into the water,
- and I brought him near to thy disciples, and they were not able to heal him.'
- And Jesus answering said, `O generation, unstedfast and perverse, till when shall I be with you? till when shall I bear you? bring him to me hither;'
- and Jesus rebuked him, and the demon went out of him, and the lad was healed from that hour.
- Then the disciples having come to Jesus by himself, said, `Wherefore were we not able to cast him out?'
- And Jesus said to them, `Through your want of faith; for verily I say to you, if ye may have faith as a grain of mustard, ye shall say to this mount, Remove hence to yonder place, and it shall remove, and nothing shall be impossible to you,
- and this kind doth not go forth except in prayer and fasting.'
- And while they are living in Galilee, Jesus said to them, `The Son of Man is about to be delivered up to the hands of men,
- and they shall kill him, and the third day he shall rise,' and they were exceeding sorry.
- And they having come to Capernaum, those receiving the didrachms came near to Peter, and said, `Your teacher -- doth he not pay the didrachms?' He saith, `Yes.'
- And when he came into the house, Jesus anticipated him, saying, `What thinkest thou, Simon? the kings of the earth -- from whom do they receive custom or poll-tax? from their sons or from the strangers?'
- Peter saith to him, `From the strangers.' Jesus said to him, `Then are the sons free;
- but, that we may not cause them to stumble, having gone to the sea, cast a hook, and the fish that hath come up first take thou up, and having opened its mouth, thou shalt find a stater, that having taken, give to them for me and thee.'
- At that hour came the disciples near to Jesus, saying, `Who, now, is greater in the reign of the heavens?'
- And Jesus having called near a child, did set him in the midst of them,
- and said, `Verily I say to you, if ye may not be turned and become as the children, ye may not enter into the reign of the heavens;
- whoever then may humble himself as this child, he is the greater in the reign of the heavens.
- `And he who may receive one such child in my name, doth receive me,
- and whoever may cause to stumble one of those little ones who are believing in me, it is better for him that a weighty millstone may be hanged upon his neck, and he may be sunk in the depth of the sea.
- `Wo to the world from the stumbling-blocks! for there is a necessity for the stumbling-blocks to come, but wo to that man through whom the stumbling-block doth come!
- `And if thy hand or thy foot doth cause thee to stumble, cut them off and cast from thee; it is good for thee to enter into the life lame or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet, to be cast to the fire the age-during.
- `And if thine eye doth cause thee to stumble, pluck it out and cast from thee; it is good for thee one-eyed to enter into the life, rather than having two eyes to be cast to the gehenna of the fire.
- `Beware! -- ye may not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you, that their messengers in the heavens do always behold the face of my Father who is in the heavens,
- for the Son of Man did come to save the lost.
- `What think ye? if a man may have an hundred sheep, and there may go astray one of them, doth he not -- having left the ninety-nine, having gone on the mountains -- seek that which is gone astray?
- and if it may come to pass that he doth find it, verily I say to you, that he doth rejoice over it more than over the ninety-nine that have not gone astray;
- so it is not will in presence of your Father who is in the heavens, that one of these little ones may perish.
- `And if thy brother may sin against thee, go and show him his fault between thee and him alone, if he may hear thee, thou didst gain thy brother;
- and if he may not hear, take with thee yet one or two, that by the mouth of two witnesses or three every word may stand.
- `And if he may not hear them, say [it] to the assembly, and if also the assembly he may not hear, let him be to thee as the heathen man and the tax-gatherer.
- `Verily I say to you, Whatever things ye may bind upon the earth shall be having been bound in the heavens, and whatever things ye may loose on the earth shall be having been loosed in the heavens.
- `Again, I say to you, that, if two of you may agree on the earth concerning anything, whatever they may ask -- it shall be done to them from my Father who is in the heavens,
- for where there are two or three gathered together -- to my name, there am I in the midst of them.'
- Then Peter having come near to him, said, `Sir, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him -- till seven times?'
- Jesus saith to him, `I do not say to thee till seven times, but till seventy times seven.
- `Because of this was the reign of the heavens likened to a man, a king, who did will to take reckoning with his servants,
- and he having begun to take account, there was brought near to him one debtor of a myriad of talents,
- and he having nothing to pay, his lord did command him to be sold, and his wife, and the children, and all, whatever he had, and payment to be made.
- The servant then, having fallen down, was bowing to him, saying, Sir, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all;
- and the lord of that servant having been moved with compassion did release him, and the debt he forgave him.
- `And, that servant having come forth, found one of his fellow-servants who was owing him an hundred denaries, and having laid hold, he took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that which thou owest.
- His fellow-servant then, having fallen down at his feet, was calling on him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all;
- and he would not, but having gone away, he cast him into prison, till he might pay that which was owing.
- `And his fellow-servants having seen the things that were done, were grieved exceedingly, and having come, shewed fully to their lord all the things that were done;
- then having called him, his lord saith to him, Evil servant! all that debt I did forgive thee, seeing thou didst call upon me,
- did it not behove also thee to have dealt kindly with thy fellow-servant, as I also dealt kindly with thee?
- `And having been wroth, his lord delivered him to the inquisitors, till he might pay all that was owing to him;
- so also my heavenly Father will do to you, if ye may not forgive each one his brother from your hearts their trespasses.'
500 Internal Server Error
- And it came to pass, when Jesus finished these words, he removed from Galilee, and did come to the borders of Judea, beyond the Jordan,
- and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them there.
- And the Pharisees came near to him, tempting him, and saying to him, `Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?'
- And he answering said to them, `Did ye not read, that He who made [them], from the beginning a male and a female made them,
- and said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and cleave to his wife, and they shall be -- the two -- for one flesh?
- so that they are no more two, but one flesh; what therefore God did join together, let no man put asunder.'
- They say to him, `Why then did Moses command to give a roll of divorce, and to put her away?'
- He saith to them -- `Moses for your stiffness of heart did suffer you to put away your wives, but from the beginning it hath not been so.
- `And I say to you, that, whoever may put away his wife, if not for whoredom, and may marry another, doth commit adultery; and he who did marry her that hath been put away, doth commit adultery.'
- His disciples say to him, `If the case of the man with the woman is so, it is not good to marry.'
- And he said to them, `All do not receive this word, but those to whom it hath been given;
- for there are eunuchs who from the mother's womb were so born; and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men; and there are eunuchs who kept themselves eunuchs because of the reign of the heavens: he who is able to receive [it] -- let him receive.'
- Then were brought near to him children that he might put hands on them and pray, and the disciples rebuked them.
- But Jesus said, `Suffer the children, and forbid them not, to come unto me, for of such is the reign of the heavens;'
- and having laid on them [his] hands, he departed thence.
- And lo, one having come near, said to him, `Good teacher, what good thing shall I do, that I may have life age-during?'
- And he said to him, `Why me dost thou call good? no one [is] good except One -- God; but if thou dost will to enter into the life, keep the commands.'
- He saith to him, `What kind?' And Jesus said, `Thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not commit adultery, thou shalt not steal, thou shalt not bear false witness,
- honour thy father and mother, and, thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.'
- The young man saith to him, `All these did I keep from my youth; what yet do I lack?'
- Jesus said to him, `If thou dost will to be perfect, go away, sell what thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven, and come, follow me.'
- And the young man, having heard the word, went away sorrowful, for he had many possessions;
- and Jesus said to his disciples, `Verily I say to you, that hardly shall a rich man enter into the reign of the heavens;
- and again I say to you, it is easier for a camel through the eye of a needle to go, than for a rich man to enter into the reign of God.'
- And his disciples having heard, were amazed exceedingly, saying, `Who, then, is able to be saved?'
- And Jesus having earnestly beheld, said to them, `With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.'
- Then Peter answering said to him, `Lo, we did leave all, and follow thee, what then shall we have?'
- And Jesus said to them, `Verily I say to you, that ye who did follow me, in the regeneration, when the Son of Man may sit upon a throne of his glory, shall sit -- ye also -- upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel;
- and every one who left houses, or brothers, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or fields, for my name's sake, an hundredfold shall receive, and life age-during shall inherit;
- and many first shall be last, and last first.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
Please contact the server administrator at
firstname.lastname@example.org to inform them of the time this error occurred,
and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.