52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- Now in those days comes John the baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,
- and saying, Repent, for the kingdom of the heavens has drawn nigh.
- For this is he who has been spoken of through Esaias the prophet, saying, Voice of him that crieth in the wilderness: prepare ye the way of [the] Lord, make straight his paths.
- And John himself had his garment of camel's hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins, and his nourishment was locusts and wild honey.
- Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the country round the Jordan,
- and were baptised by him in the Jordan, confessing their sins.
- But seeing many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to his baptism, he said to them, Offspring of vipers, who has forewarned you to flee from the coming wrath?
- Produce therefore fruit worthy of repentance.
- And do not think to say within yourselves, We have Abraham for [our] father; for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children to Abraham.
- And already the axe is applied to the root of the trees; every tree therefore not producing good fruit is cut down and cast into the fire.
- *I* indeed baptise you with water to repentance, but he that comes after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not fit to bear; *he* shall baptise you with [the] Holy Spirit and fire;
- whose winnowing fan [is] in his hand, and he shall thoroughly purge his threshing-floor, and shall gather his wheat into the garner, but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable.
- Then comes Jesus from Galilee to the Jordan to John, to be baptised of him;
- but John urgently forbad him, saying, *I* have need to be baptised of thee; and comest *thou* to me?
- But Jesus answering said to him, Suffer [it] now; for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffers him.
- And Jesus, having been baptised, went up straightway from the water, and lo, the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove, and coming upon him:
- and behold, a voice out of the heavens saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I have found my delight.
500 Internal Server Error
- Then Jesus was carried up into the wilderness by the Spirit to be tempted of the devil:
- and having fasted forty days and forty nights, afterwards he hungered.
- And the tempter coming up to him said, If thou be Son of God, speak, that these stones may become loaves of bread.
- But he answering said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word which goes out through God's mouth.
- Then the devil takes him to the holy city, and sets him upon the edge of the temple,
- and says to him, If thou be Son of God cast thyself down; for it is written, He shall give charge to his angels concerning thee, and on [their] hands shall they bear thee, lest in anywise thou strike thy foot against a stone.
- Jesus said to him, It is again written, Thou shalt not tempt [the] Lord thy God.
- Again the devil takes him to a very high mountain, and shews him all the kingdoms of the world, and their glory,
- and says to him, All these things will I give thee if, falling down, thou wilt do me homage.
- Then says Jesus to him, Get thee away, Satan, for it is written, Thou shalt do homage to [the] Lord thy God, and him alone shalt thou serve.
- Then the devil leaves him, and behold, angels came and ministered to him.
- But having heard that John was delivered up, he departed into Galilee:
- and having left Nazareth, he went and dwelt at Capernaum, which is on the sea-side in the borders of Zabulon and Nepthalim,
- that that might be fulfilled which was spoken through Esaias the prophet, saying,
- Land of Zabulon and land of Nepthalim, way of [the] sea beyond the Jordan, Galilee of the nations:
- -- the people sitting in darkness has seen a great light, and to those sitting in [the] country and shadow of death, to them has light sprung up.
- From that time began Jesus to preach and to say, Repent, for the kingdom of the heavens has drawn nigh.
- And walking by the sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea, for they were fishers;
- and he says to them, Come after me, and I will make you fishers of men.
- And they, having left their trawl-nets, immediately followed him.
- And going on thence he saw other two brothers, James the [son] of Zebedee and John his brother, in the ship with Zebedee their father, mending their trawl-nets, and he called them;
- and they, having left the ship and their father, immediately followed him.
- And [Jesus] went round the whole [of] Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the glad tidings of the kingdom, and healing every disease and every bodily weakness among the people.
- And his fame went out into the whole [of] Syria, and they brought to him all that were ill, suffering under various diseases and pains, and those possessed by demons, and lunatics, and paralytics; and he healed them.
- And great crowds followed him from Galilee, and Decapolis, and Jerusalem, and Judaea, and beyond the Jordan.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
Please contact the server administrator at
firstname.lastname@example.org to inform them of the time this error occurred,
and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.