52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- When thou sittest to eat with a ruler, consider well who is before thee;
- and put a knife to thy throat, if thou be a man given to appetite.
- Be not desirous of his dainties; for they are deceitful food.
- Weary not thyself to become rich; cease from thine own intelligence:
- wilt thou set thine eyes upon it, it is gone; for indeed it maketh itself wings and it flieth away as an eagle towards the heavens.
- Eat thou not the food of him that hath an evil eye, neither desire thou his dainties.
- For as he thinketh in his soul, so is he. Eat and drink! will he say unto thee; but his heart is not with thee.
- Thy morsel which thou hast eaten must thou vomit up, and thou wilt have wasted thy sweet words.
- Speak not in the ears of a foolish [man], for he will despise the wisdom of thy words.
- Remove not the ancient landmark; and enter not into the fields of the fatherless:
- for their redeemer is mighty; he will plead their cause against thee.
- Apply thy heart unto instruction, and thine ears to the words of knowledge.
- Withhold not correction from the child; for [if] thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die:
- thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from Sheol.
- My son, if thy heart be wise, my heart shall rejoice, even mine;
- and my reins shall exult, when thy lips speak right things.
- Let not thy heart envy sinners, but [be thou] in the fear of Jehovah all the day;
- for surely there is a result, and thine expectation shall not be cut off.
- Thou, my son, hear and be wise, and direct thy heart in the way.
- Be not among winebibbers, among riotous eaters of flesh.
- For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty; and drowsiness clotheth with rags.
- Hearken unto thy father that begat thee, and despise not thy mother when she is old.
- Buy the truth, and sell it not; wisdom, and instruction, and intelligence.
- The father of a righteous [man] shall greatly rejoice, and he that begetteth a wise [son] shall have joy of him:
- let thy father and thy mother have joy, and let her that bore thee rejoice.
- My son, give me thy heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways.
- For a whore is a deep ditch; and a strange woman is a narrow pit.
- She also lieth in wait as a robber, and increaseth the treacherous among men.
- Who hath woe? Who hath sorrow? Who contentions? Who complaining? Who wounds without cause? Who redness of eyes?
- -- They that tarry long at the wine; they that go to try mixed wine.
- Look not upon the wine when it is red, when it sparkleth in the cup, and goeth down smoothly:
- at the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder.
- Thine eyes shall behold strange women, and thy heart shall speak froward things;
- and thou shalt be as he that lieth down in the midst of the sea, and as he that lieth down upon the top of a mast:
- -- ''They have smitten me, [and] I am not sore; they have beaten me, [and] I knew it not. When shall I awake? I will seek it yet again.''
500 Internal Server Error
- Be not thou envious of evil men, neither desire to be with them;
- for their heart studieth destruction, and their lips talk of mischief.
- Through wisdom is a house built, and by understanding it is established;
- and by knowledge are the chambers filled with all precious and pleasant substance.
- A wise man is strong, and a man of knowledge increaseth strength.
- For with good advice shalt thou make thy war; and in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.
- Wisdom is too high for a fool: he will not open his mouth in the gate.
- He that deviseth to do evil shall be called a master of intrigues.
- The purpose of folly is sin, and the scorner is an abomination to men.
- [If] thou losest courage in the day of trouble, thy strength is small.
- Deliver them that are taken forth unto death, and withdraw not from them that stagger to slaughter.
- If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not, will not he that weigheth the hearts consider it? And he that preserveth thy soul, he knoweth it; and he rendereth to man according to his work.
- Eat honey, my son, for it is good; and a honeycomb is sweet to thy taste:
- so consider wisdom for thy soul; if thou hast found it, there shall be a result, and thine expectation shall not be cut off.
- Lay not wait, O wicked [man], against the dwelling of the righteous; lay not waste his resting-place.
- For the righteous falleth seven times, and riseth up again; but the wicked stumble into disaster.
- Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thy heart be glad when he stumbleth;
- lest Jehovah see it, and it be evil in his sight, and he turn away his anger from him.
- Fret not thyself because of evil-doers, [and] be not envious of the wicked:
- for there shall be no future to the evil [man]; the lamp of the wicked shall be put out.
- My son, fear Jehovah and the king: meddle not with them that are given to change.
- For their calamity shall rise suddenly; and who knoweth the ruin of them both?
- These things also come from the wise. It is not good to have respect of persons in judgment.
- He that saith unto the wicked, Thou art righteous, peoples shall curse him, nations shall abhor him;
- but to them that rebuke [him] shall be delight, and a good blessing cometh upon them.
- He kisseth the lips who giveth a right answer.
- Prepare thy work without, and put thy field in order, and afterwards build thy house.
- Be not a witness against thy neighbour without cause; and wouldest thou deceive with thy lips?
- Say not, I will do so to him as he hath done to me, I will render to the man according to his work.
- I went by the field of a sluggard, and by the vineyard of a man void of understanding;
- and lo, it was all grown over with thistles, and nettles had covered the face thereof, and its stone wall was broken down.
- Then I looked, I took it to heart; I saw, I received instruction:
- -- A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest!
- So shall thy poverty come [as] a roving plunderer, and thy penury as an armed man.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
Please contact the server administrator at
email@example.com to inform them of the time this error occurred,
and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.