52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
1 Peter 4
- Christ, then, having suffered for us in [the] flesh, do *ye* also arm yourselves with the same mind; for he that has suffered in [the] flesh has done with sin,
- no longer to live the rest of [his] time in [the] flesh to men's lusts, but to God's will.
- For the time past [is] sufficient [for us] to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, walking in lasciviousness, lusts, wine-drinking, revels, drinkings, and unhallowed idolatries.
- Wherein they think it strange that ye run not with [them] to the same sink of corruption, speaking injuriously [of you];
- who shall render account to him who is ready to judge [the] living and [the] dead.
- For to this [end] were the glad tidings preached to [the] dead also, that they might be judged, as regards men, after [the] flesh, but live, as regards God, after [the] Spirit.
- But the end of all things is drawn nigh: be sober therefore, and be watchful unto prayers;
- but before all things having fervent love among yourselves, because love covers a multitude of sins;
- hospitable one to another, without murmuring;
- each according as he has received a gift, ministering it to one another, as good stewards of [the] various grace of God.
- If any one speak -- as oracles of God; if any one minister -- as of strength which God supplies; that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom is the glory and the might for the ages of ages. Amen.
- Beloved, take not [as] strange the fire [of persecution] which has taken place amongst you for [your] trial, as if a strange thing was happening to you;
- but as ye have share in the sufferings of Christ, rejoice, that in the revelation of his glory also ye may rejoice with exultation.
- If ye are reproached in [the] name of Christ, blessed [are ye]; for the [Spirit] of glory and the Spirit of God rests upon you: [on their part he is blasphemed, but on your part he is glorified.]
- Let none of you suffer indeed as murderer, or thief, or evildoer, or as overseer of other people's matters;
- but if as a christian, let him not be ashamed, but glorify God in this name.
- For the time of having the judgment begin from the house of God [is come]; but if first from us, what [shall be] the end of those who obey not the glad tidings of God?
- And if the righteous is difficultly saved, where shall the impious and [the] sinner appear?
- Wherefore also let them who suffer according to the will of God commit their souls in well-doing to a faithful Creator.
1 Peter 5
500 Internal Server Error
- The elders which [are] among you I exhort, who [am their] fellow-elder and witness of the sufferings of the Christ, who also [am] partaker of the glory about to be revealed:
- shepherd the flock of God which [is] among you, exercising oversight, not by necessity, but willingly; not for base gain, but readily;
- not as lording it over your possessions, but being models for the flock.
- And when the chief shepherd is manifested ye shall receive the unfading crown of glory.
- Likewise [ye] younger, be subject to [the] elder, and all of you bind on humility towards one another; for God sets himself against [the] proud, but to [the] humble gives grace.
- Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in [the due] time;
- having cast all your care upon him, for he cares about you.
- Be vigilant, watch. Your adversary [the] devil as a roaring lion walks about seeking whom he may devour.
- Whom resist, stedfast in faith, knowing that the selfsame sufferings are accomplished in your brotherhood which [is] in [the] world.
- But the God of all grace who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ Jesus, when ye have suffered for a little while, himself shall make perfect, stablish, strengthen, ground:
- to him [be] the glory and the might for the ages of the ages. Amen.
- By Silvanus, the faithful brother, as I suppose, I have written to you briefly; exhorting and testifying that this is [the] true grace of God in which ye stand.
- She that is elected with [you] in Babylon salutes you, and Marcus my son.
- Salute one another with a kiss of love. Peace be with you all who [are] in Christ.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
Please contact the server administrator at
email@example.com to inform them of the time this error occurred,
and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.