52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
2 Timothy 1
- Paul, apostle of Jesus Christ by God's will, according to promise of life, the [life] which [is] in Christ Jesus,
- to Timotheus, [my] beloved child: grace, mercy, peace, from God [the] Father, and Christ Jesus our Lord.
- I am thankful to God, whom I serve from [my] forefathers with pure conscience, how unceasingly I have the remembrance of thee in my supplications night and day,
- earnestly desiring to see thee, remembering thy tears, that I may be filled with joy;
- calling to mind the unfeigned faith which [has been] in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and in thy mother Eunice, and I am persuaded that in thee also.
- For which cause I put thee in mind to rekindle the gift of God which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.
- For God has not given us a spirit of cowardice, but of power, and of love, and of wise discretion.
- Be not therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner; but suffer evil along with the glad tidings, according to the power of God;
- who has saved us, and has called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to [his] own purpose and grace, which [was] given to us in Christ Jesus before [the] ages of time,
- but has been made manifest now by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who has annulled death, and brought to light life and incorruptibility by the glad tidings;
- to which *I* have been appointed a herald and apostle and teacher of [the] nations.
- For which cause also I suffer these things; but I am not ashamed; for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep for that day the deposit I have entrusted to him.
- Have an outline of sound words, which [words] thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which [are] in Christ Jesus.
- Keep, by the Holy Spirit which dwells in us, the good deposit entrusted.
- Thou knowest this, that all who [are] in Asia, of whom is Phygellus and Hermogenes, have turned away from me.
- The Lord grant mercy to the house of Onesiphorus, for he has often refreshed me, and has not been ashamed of my chain;
- but being in Rome sought me out very diligently, and found [me] --
- the Lord grant to him to find mercy from [the] Lord in that day -- and how much service he rendered in Ephesus *thou* knowest best.
2 Timothy 2
Can't connect to www.christianmags.us:80 (Connection timed out)
Connection timed out at /usr/local/share/perl5/LWP/Protocol/http.pm line 50, line 364.
- Thou therefore, my child, be strong in the grace which [is] in Christ Jesus.
- And the things thou hast heard of me in the presence of many witnesses, these entrust to faithful men, such as shall be competent to instruct others also.
- Take thy share in suffering as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
- No one going as a soldier entangles himself with the affairs of life, that he may please him who has enlisted him as a soldier.
- And if also any one contend [in the games], he is not crowned unless he contend lawfully.
- The husbandman must labour before partaking of the fruits.
- Think of what I say, for the Lord will give thee understanding in all things.
- Remember Jesus Christ raised from among [the] dead, of [the] seed of David, according to my glad tidings,
- in which I suffer even unto bonds as an evil-doer: but the word of God is not bound.
- For this cause I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that *they* also may obtain the salvation which [is] in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.
- The word [is] faithful; for if we have died together with [him], we shall also live together;
- if we endure, we shall also reign together; if we deny, *he* also will deny us;
- if we are unfaithful, *he* abides faithful, for he cannot deny himself.
- Of these things put in remembrance, testifying earnestly before the Lord not to have disputes of words, profitable for nothing, to the subversion of the hearers.
- Strive diligently to present thyself approved to God, a workman that has not to be ashamed, cutting in a straight line the word of truth.
- But profane, vain babblings shun, for they will advance to greater impiety,
- and their word will spread as a gangrene; of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;
- [men] who as to the truth have gone astray, saying that the resurrection has taken place already; and overthrow the faith of some.
- Yet the firm foundation of God stands, having this seal, [The] Lord knows those that are his; and, Let every one who names the name of [the] Lord withdraw from iniquity.
- But in a great house there are not only gold and silver vessels, but also wooden and earthen; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
- If therefore one shall have purified himself from these, [in separating himself from them], he shall be a vessel to honour, sanctified, serviceable to the Master, prepared for every good work.
- But youthful lusts flee, and pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace, with those that call upon the Lord out of a pure heart.
- But foolish and senseless questionings avoid, knowing that they beget contentions.
- And a bondman of [the] Lord ought not to contend, but be gentle towards all; apt to teach; forbearing;
- in meekness setting right those who oppose, if God perhaps may sometime give them repentance to acknowledgment of [the] truth,
- and that they may awake up out of the snare of the devil, [who are] taken by him, for *his* will.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.