52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- After this opened Job his mouth, and cursed his day.
- And Job spake, and said,
- Let the day perish wherein I was born, and the night in which it was said, There is a man child conceived.
- Let that day be darkness; let not God regard it from above, neither let the light shine upon it.
- Let darkness and the shadow of death stain it; let a cloud dwell upon it; let the blackness of the day terrify it.
- As for that night, let darkness seize upon it; let it not be joined unto the days of the year, let it not come into the number of the months.
- Lo, let that night be solitary, let no joyful voice come therein.
- Let them curse it that curse the day, who are ready to raise up their mourning.
- Let the stars of the twilight thereof be dark; let it look for light, but have none; neither let it see the dawning of the day:
- Because it shut not up the doors of my mother's womb, nor hid sorrow from mine eyes.
- Why died I not from the womb? why did I not give up the ghost when I came out of the belly?
- Why did the knees prevent me? or why the breasts that I should suck?
- For now should I have lain still and been quiet, I should have slept: then had I been at rest,
- With kings and counsellors of the earth, which build desolate places for themselves;
- Or with princes that had gold, who filled their houses with silver:
- Or as an hidden untimely birth I had not been; as infants which never saw light.
- There the wicked cease from troubling; and there the weary be at rest.
- There the prisoners rest together; they hear not the voice of the oppressor.
- The small and great are there; and the servant is free from his master.
- Wherefore is light given to him that is in misery, and life unto the bitter in soul;
- Which long for death, but it cometh not; and dig for it more than for hid treasures;
- Which rejoice exceedingly, and are glad, when they can find the grave?
- Why is light given to a man whose way is hid, and whom God hath hedged in?
- For my sighing cometh before I eat, and my roarings are poured out like the waters.
- For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.
- I was not in safety, neither had I rest, neither was I quiet; yet trouble came.
- Then Eliphaz the Temanite answered and said,
- If we assay to commune with thee, wilt thou be grieved? but who can withhold himself from speaking?
- Behold, thou hast instructed many, and thou hast strengthened the weak hands.
- Thy words have upholden him that was falling, and thou hast strengthened the feeble knees.
- But now it is come upon thee, and thou faintest; it toucheth thee, and thou art troubled.
- Is not this thy fear, thy confidence, thy hope, and the uprightness of thy ways?
- Remember, I pray thee, who ever perished, being innocent? or where were the righteous cut off?
- Even as I have seen, they that plow iniquity, and sow wickedness, reap the same.
- By the blast of God they perish, and by the breath of his nostrils are they consumed.
- The roaring of the lion, and the voice of the fierce lion, and the teeth of the young lions, are broken.
- The old lion perisheth for lack of prey, and the stout lion's whelps are scattered abroad.
- Now a thing was secretly brought to me, and mine ear received a little thereof.
- In thoughts from the visions of the night, when deep sleep falleth on men,
- Fear came upon me, and trembling, which made all my bones to shake.
- Then a spirit passed before my face; the hair of my flesh stood up:
- It stood still, but I could not discern the form thereof: an image was before mine eyes, there was silence, and I heard a voice, saying,
- Shall mortal man be more just than God? shall a man be more pure than his maker?
- Behold, he put no trust in his servants; and his angels he charged with folly:
- How much less in them that dwell in houses of clay, whose foundation is in the dust, which are crushed before the moth?
- They are destroyed from morning to evening: they perish for ever without any regarding it.
- Doth not their excellency which is in them go away? they die, even without wisdom.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.