|52 Week Bible Reading Plan|
|Don't like to read? Get the Bible on CD, Cassette, MP3, DVD, or VHS!|
52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off ]
1 Corinthians 11
- Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
- Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.
- But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
- Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.
- But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.
- For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.
- For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.
- For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man.
- Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
- For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.
- Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.
- For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God.
- Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?
- Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
- But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.
- But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.
- Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse.
- For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.
- For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.
- When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.
- For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken.
- What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? what shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.
- For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:
- And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
- After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
- For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
- Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
- But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
- For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
- For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.
- For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
- But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.
- Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another.
- And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come.
1 Corinthians 12
- Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.
- Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.
- Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
- Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
- And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
- And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
- But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
- For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
- To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
- To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
- But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
- For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
- For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
- For the body is not one member, but many.
- If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
- And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
- If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
- But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
- And if they were all one member, where were the body?
- But now are they many members, yet but one body.
- And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
- Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:
- And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.
- For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked.
- That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
- And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.
- Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
- And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
- Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?
- Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?
- But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.
You don't have permission to access /sampleinc.inc
on this server.