52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- Save me, O God, by Your name, And vindicate me by Your power.
- Hear my prayer, O God; Give ear to the words of my mouth.
- For strangers have risen against me And violent men have sought my life; They have not set God before them. Selah.
- Behold, God is my helper; The Lord is the sustainer of my soul.
- He will recompense the evil to my foes; Destroy them in Your faithfulness.
- Willingly I will sacrifice to You; I will give thanks to Your name, O LORD, for it is good.
- For He has delivered me from all trouble, And my eye has looked with satisfaction upon my enemies. 55 Prayer for the Destruction of the Treacherous. For the choir director; on stringed instruments. A Maskil of David.
- Give ear to my prayer, O God; And do not hide Yourself from my supplication.
- Give heed to me and answer me; I am restless in my complaint and am surely distracted,
- Because of the voice of the enemy, Because of the pressure of the wicked; For they bring down trouble upon me And in anger they bear a grudge against me.
- My heart is in anguish within me, And the terrors of death have fallen upon me.
- Fear and trembling come upon me, And horror has overwhelmed me.
- I said, "Oh, that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest.
- "Behold, I would wander far away, I would lodge in the wilderness. Selah.
- "I would hasten to my place of refuge From the stormy wind and tempest.'
- Confuse, O Lord, divide their tongues, For I have seen violence and strife in the city.
- Day and night they go around her upon her walls, And iniquity and mischief are in her midst.
- Destruction is in her midst; Oppression and deceit do not depart from her streets.
- For it is not an enemy who reproaches me, Then I could bear it; Nor is it one who hates me who has exalted himself against me, Then I could hide myself from him.
- But it is you, a man my equal, My companion and my familiar friend;
- We who had sweet fellowship together Walked in the house of God in the throng.
- Let death come deceitfully upon them; Let them go down alive to Sheol, For evil is in their dwelling, in their midst.
- As for me, I shall call upon God, And the LORD will save me.
- Evening and morning and at noon, I will complain and murmur, And He will hear my voice.
- He will redeem my soul in peace from the battle which is against me, For they are many who strive with me.
- God will hear and answer them Even the one who sits enthroned from of old Selah. With whom there is no change, And who do not fear God.
- He has put forth his hands against those who were at peace with him; He has violated his covenant.
- His speech was smoother than butter, But his heart was war; His words were softer than oil, Yet they were drawn swords.
- Cast your burden upon the LORD and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken.
- But You, O God, will bring them down to the pit of destruction; Men of bloodshed and deceit will not live out half their days. But I will trust in You. 56 Supplication for Deliverance and Grateful Trust in God. For the choir director; according to Jonath elem rehokim.A Mikhtam of David, when the Philistines seized him in Gath.
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
- Be gracious to me, O God, for man has trampled upon me; Fighting all day long he oppresses me.
- My foes have trampled upon me all day long, For they are many who fight proudly against me.
- When I am afraid, I will put my trust in You.
- In God, whose word I praise, In God I have put my trust; I shall not be afraid. What can mere man do to me?
- All day long they distort my words; All their thoughts are against me for evil.
- They attack, they lurk, They watch my steps, As they have waited to take my life.
- Because of wickedness, cast them forth, In anger put down the peoples, O God!
- You have taken account of my wanderings; Put my tears in Your bottle. Are they not in Your book?
- Then my enemies will turn back in the day when I call; This I know, that God is for me.
- In God, whose word I praise, In the LORD, whose word I praise,
- In God I have put my trust, I shall not be afraid. What can man do to me?
- Your vows are binding upon me, O God; I will render thank offerings to You.
- For You have delivered my soul from death, Indeed my feet from stumbling, So that I may walk before God In the light of the living. 57 Prayer for Rescue from Persecutors. For the choir director; set to Al-tashheth. A Mikhtam of David, when he fled from Saul in the cave.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.