52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off ]
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
Can't connect to www.christianmags.us:80 (Connection timed out)
Connection timed out at /usr/local/share/perl5/LWP/Protocol/http.pm line 50, line 364.
- The words of King Lemuel, the oracle which his mother taught him:
- What, O my son? And what, O son of my womb? And what, O son of my vows?
- Do not give your strength to women, Or your ways to that which destroys kings.
- It is not for kings, O Lemuel, It is not for kings to drink wine, Or for rulers to desire strong drink,
- For they will drink and forget what is decreed, And pervert the rights of all the afflicted.
- Give strong drink to him who is perishing, And wine to him whose life is bitter.
- Let him drink and forget his poverty And remember his trouble no more.
- Open your mouth for the mute, For the rights of all the unfortunate.
- Open your mouth, judge righteously, And defend the rights of the afflicted and needy.
- An excellent wife, who can find? For her worth is far above jewels.
- The heart of her husband trusts in her, And he will have no lack of gain.
- She does him good and not evil All the days of her life.
- She looks for wool and flax And works with her hands in delight.
- She is like merchant ships; She brings her food from afar.
- She rises also while it is still night And gives food to her household And portions to her maidens.
- She considers a field and buys it; From her earnings she plants a vineyard.
- She girds herself with strength And makes her arms strong.
- She senses that her gain is good; Her lamp does not go out at night.
- She stretches out her hands to the distaff, And her hands grasp the spindle.
- She extends her hand to the poor, And she stretches out her hands to the needy.
- She is not afraid of the snow for her household, For all her household are clothed with scarlet.
- She makes coverings for herself; Her clothing is fine linen and purple.
- Her husband is known in the gates, When he sits among the elders of the land.
- She makes linen garments and sells them, And supplies belts to the tradesmen.
- Strength and dignity are her clothing, And she smiles at the future.
- She opens her mouth in wisdom, And the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.
- She looks well to the ways of her household, And does not eat the bread of idleness.
- Her children rise up and bless her; Her husband also, and he praises her, saying:
- "Many daughters have done nobly, But you excel them all.'
- Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, But a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised.
- Give her the product of her hands, And let her works praise her in the gates.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.