52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- There was a man in the land of Uz whose name was Job; and that man was blameless, upright, fearing God and turning away from evil.
- Seven sons and three daughters were born to him.
- His possessions also were 7,000 sheep, 3,000 camels, 500 yoke of oxen, 500 female donkeys, and very many servants; and that man was the greatest of all the men of the east.
- His sons used to go and hold a feast in the house of each one on his day, and they would send and invite their three sisters to eat and drink with them.
- When the days of feasting had completed their cycle, Job would send and consecrate them, rising up early in the morning and offering burnt offerings according to the number of them all; for Job said, " Perhaps my sons have sinned and cursed God in their hearts.' Thus Job did continually.
- Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them.
- The LORD said to Satan, "From where do you come?' Then Satan answered the LORD and said, " From roaming about on the earth and walking around on it.'
- The LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered My servant Job? For there is no one like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, fearing God and turning away from evil.'
- Then Satan answered the LORD, "Does Job fear God for nothing?
- " Have You not made a hedge about him and his house and all that he has, on every side? You have blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land.
- " But put forth Your hand now and touch all that he has; he will surely curse You to Your face.'
- Then the LORD said to Satan, "Behold, all that he has is in your power, only do not put forth your hand on him.' So Satan departed from the presence of the LORD.
- Now on the day when his sons and his daughters were eating and drinking wine in their oldest brother's house,
- a messenger came to Job and said, "The oxen were plowing and the donkeys feeding beside them,
- and the Sabeans attacked and took them. They also slew the servants with the edge of the sword, and I alone have escaped to tell you.'
- While he was still speaking, another also came and said, " The fire of God fell from heaven and burned up the sheep and the servants and consumed them, and I alone have escaped to tell you.'
- While he was still speaking, another also came and said, "The Chaldeans formed three bands and made a raid on the camels and took them and slew the servants with the edge of the sword, and I alone have escaped to tell you.'
- While he was still speaking, another also came and said, "Your sons and your daughters were eating and drinking wine in their oldest brother's house,
- and behold, a great wind came from across the wilderness and struck the four corners of the house, and it fell on the young people and they died, and I alone have escaped to tell you.'
- Then Job arose and tore his robe and shaved his head, and he fell to the ground and worshiped.
- He said, " Naked I came from my mother's womb, And naked I shall return there. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away. Blessed be the name of the LORD.'
- Through all this Job did not sin nor did he blame God. 2
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
- Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them to present himself before the LORD.
- The LORD said to Satan, "Where have you come from?' Then Satan answered the LORD and said, "From roaming about on the earth and walking around on it.'
- The LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered My servant Job? For there is no one like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man fearing God and turning away from evil. And he still holds fast his integrity, although you incited Me against him to ruin him without cause.'
- Satan answered the LORD and said, "Skin for skin! Yes, all that a man has he will give for his life.
- " However, put forth Your hand now, and touch his bone and his flesh; he will curse You to Your face.'
- So the LORD said to Satan, "Behold, he is in your power, only spare his life.'
- Then Satan went out from the presence of the LORD and smote Job with sore boils from the sole of his foot to the crown of his head.
- And he took a potsherd to scrape himself while he was sitting among the ashes.
- Then his wife said to him, "Do you still hold fast your integrity? Curse God and die!'
- But he said to her, "You speak as one of the foolish women speaks. Shall we indeed accept good from God and not accept adversity?' In all this Job did not sin with his lips.
- Now when Job's three friends heard of all this adversity that had come upon him, they came each one from his own place, Eliphaz the Temanite, Bildad the Shuhite and Zophar the Naamathite; and they made an appointment together to come to sympathize with him and comfort him.
- When they lifted up their eyes at a distance and did not recognize him, they raised their voices and wept. And each of them tore his robe and they threw dust over their heads toward the sky.
- Then they sat down on the ground with him for seven days and seven nights with no one speaking a word to him, for they saw that his pain was very great. 3
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.