52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off ]
- Then Job answered,
- "Listen carefully to my speech, And let this be your way of consolation.
- "Bear with me that I may speak; Then after I have spoken, you may mock.
- "As for me, is my complaint to man? And why should I not be impatient?
- "Look at me, and be astonished, And put your hand over your mouth.
- "Even when I remember, I am disturbed, And horror takes hold of my flesh.
- "Why do the wicked still live, Continue on, also become very powerful?
- "Their descendants are established with them in their sight, And their offspring before their eyes,
- Their houses are safe from fear, And the rod of God is not on them.
- "His ox mates without fail; His cow calves and does not abort.
- "They send forth their little ones like the flock, And their children skip about.
- "They sing to the timbrel and harp And rejoice at the sound of the flute.
- "They spend their days in prosperity, And suddenly they go down to Sheol.
- "They say to God, " Depart from us! We do not even desire the knowledge of Your ways.
- " Who is the Almighty, that we should serve Him, And what would we gain if we entreat Him?'
- "Behold, their prosperity is not in their hand; The counsel of the wicked is far from me.
- "How often is the lamp of the wicked put out, Or does their calamity fall on them? Does God apportion destruction in His anger?
- "Are they as straw before the wind, And like chaff which the storm carries away?
- "You say, " God stores away a man's iniquity for his sons.' Let God repay him so that he may know it.
- "Let his own eyes see his decay, And let him drink of the wrath of the Almighty.
- "For what does he care for his household after him, When the number of his months is cut off?
- "Can anyone teach God knowledge, In that He judges those on high?
- "One dies in his full strength, Being wholly at ease and satisfied;
- His sides are filled out with fat, And the marrow of his bones is moist,
- While another dies with a bitter soul, Never even tasting anything good.
- "Together they lie down in the dust, And worms cover them.
- "Behold, I know your thoughts, And the plans by which you would wrong me.
- "For you say, "Where is the house of the nobleman, And where is the tent, the dwelling places of the wicked?'
- "Have you not asked wayfaring men, And do you not recognize their witness?
- "For the wicked is reserved for the day of calamity; They will be led forth at the day of fury.
- "Who will confront him with his actions, And who will repay him for what he has done?
- "While he is carried to the grave, Men will keep watch over his tomb.
- "The clods of the valley will gently cover him; Moreover, all men will follow after him, While countless ones go before him.
- "How then will you vainly comfort me, For your answers remain full of falsehood?' 22
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
- Then Eliphaz the Temanite responded,
- "Can a vigorous man be of use to God, Or a wise man be useful to himself?
- "Is there any pleasure to the Almighty if you are righteous, Or profit if you make your ways perfect?
- "Is it because of your reverence that He reproves you, That He enters into judgment against you?
- "Is not your wickedness great, And your iniquities without end?
- "For you have taken pledges of your brothers without cause, And stripped men naked.
- "To the weary you have given no water to drink, And from the hungry you have withheld bread.
- "But the earth belongs to the mighty man, And the honorable man dwells in it.
- "You have sent widows away empty, And the strength of the orphans has been crushed.
- "Therefore snares surround you, And sudden dread terrifies you,
- Or darkness, so that you cannot see, And an abundance of water covers you.
- "Is not God in the height of heaven? Look also at the distant stars, how high they are!
- "You say, " What does God know? Can He judge through the thick darkness?
- " Clouds are a hiding place for Him, so that He cannot see; And He walks on the vault of heaven.'
- "Will you keep to the ancient path Which wicked men have trod,
- Who were snatched away before their time, Whose foundations were washed away by a river?
- "They said to God, "Depart from us!' And "What can the Almighty do to them?'
- "Yet He filled their houses with good things; But the counsel of the wicked is far from me.
- "The righteous see and are glad, And the innocent mock them,
- Saying, "Truly our adversaries are cut off, And their abundance the fire has consumed.'
- " Yield now and be at peace with Him; Thereby good will come to you.
- "Please receive instruction from His mouth And establish His words in your heart.
- "If you return to the Almighty, you will be restored; If you remove unrighteousness far from your tent,
- And place your gold in the dust, And the gold of Ophir among the stones of the brooks,
- Then the Almighty will be your gold And choice silver to you.
- "For then you will delight in the Almighty And lift up your face to God.
- "You will pray to Him, and He will hear you; And you will pay your vows.
- "You will also decree a thing, and it will be established for you; And light will shine on your ways.
- "When you are cast down, you will speak with confidence, And the humble person He will save.
- "He will deliver one who is not innocent, And he will be delivered through the cleanness of your hands.' 23
You don't have permission to access /sampleinc.inc
on this server.