|52 Week Bible Reading Plan|
|Want to read through the Bible in a year? This plan can help you!|
52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- The LORD spoke to Moses, after the death of the two sons of Aaron, when they drew near before the LORD and died;
- and the LORD said to Moses, "Tell Aaron your brother not to come at all times into the holy place within the veil, before the mercy seat which is upon the ark, lest he die; for I will appear in the cloud upon the mercy seat.
- But thus shall Aaron come into the holy place: with a young bull for a sin offering and a ram for a burnt offering.
- He shall put on the holy linen coat, and shall have the linen breeches on his body, be girded with the linen girdle, and wear the linen turban; these are the holy garments. He shall bathe his body in water, and then put them on.
- And he shall take from the congregation of the people of Israel two male goats for a sin offering, and one ram for a burnt offering.
- "And Aaron shall offer the bull as a sin offering for himself, and shall make atonement for himself and for his house.
- Then he shall take the two goats, and set them before the LORD at the door of the tent of meeting;
- and Aaron shall cast lots upon the two goats, one lot for the LORD and the other lot for Aza'zel.
- And Aaron shall present the goat on which the lot fell for the LORD, and offer it as a sin offering;
- but the goat on which the lot fell for Aza'zel shall be presented alive before the LORD to make atonement over it, that it may be sent away into the wilderness to Aza'zel.
- "Aaron shall present the bull as a sin offering for himself, and shall make atonement for himself and for his house; he shall kill the bull as a sin offering for himself.
- And he shall take a censer full of coals of fire from the altar before the LORD, and two handfuls of sweet incense beaten small; and he shall bring it within the veil
- and put the incense on the fire before the LORD, that the cloud of the incense may cover the mercy seat which is upon the testimony, lest he die;
- and he shall take some of the blood of the bull, and sprinkle it with his finger on the front of the mercy seat, and before the mercy seat he shall sprinkle the blood with his finger seven times.
- "Then he shall kill the goat of the sin offering which is for the people, and bring its blood within the veil, and do with its blood as he did with the blood of the bull, sprinkling it upon the mercy seat and before the mercy seat;
- thus he shall make atonement for the holy place, because of the uncleannesses of the people of Israel, and because of their transgressions, all their sins; and so he shall do for the tent of meeting, which abides with them in the midst of their uncleannesses.
- There shall be no man in the tent of meeting when he enters to make atonement in the holy place until he comes out and has made atonement for himself and for his house and for all the assembly of Israel.
- Then he shall go out to the altar which is before the LORD and make atonement for it, and shall take some of the blood of the bull and of the blood of the goat, and put it on the horns of the altar round about.
- And he shall sprinkle some of the blood upon it with his finger seven times, and cleanse it and hallow it from the uncleannesses of the people of Israel.
- "And when he has made an end of atoning for the holy place and the tent of meeting and the altar, he shall present the live goat;
- and Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the people of Israel, and all their transgressions, all their sins; and he shall put them upon the head of the goat, and send him away into the wilderness by the hand of a man who is in readiness.
- The goat shall bear all their iniquities upon him to a solitary land; and he shall let the goat go in the wilderness.
- "Then Aaron shall come into the tent of meeting, and shall put off the linen garments which he put on when he went into the holy place, and shall leave them there;
- and he shall bathe his body in water in a holy place, and put on his garments, and come forth, and offer his burnt offering and the burnt offering of the people, and make atonement for himself and for the people.
- And the fat of the sin offering he shall burn upon the altar.
- And he who lets the goat go to Aza'zel shall wash his clothes and bathe his body in water, and afterward he may come into the camp.
- And the bull for the sin offering and the goat for the sin offering, whose blood was brought in to make atonement in the holy place, shall be carried forth outside the camp; their skin and their flesh and their dung shall be burned with fire.
- And he who burns them shall wash his clothes and bathe his body in water, and afterward he may come into the camp.
- "And it shall be a statute to you for ever that in the seventh month, on the tenth day of the month, you shall afflict yourselves, and shall do no work, either the native or the stranger who sojourns among you;
- for on this day shall atonement be made for you, to cleanse you; from all your sins you shall be clean before the LORD.
- It is a sabbath of solemn rest to you, and you shall afflict yourselves; it is a statute for ever.
- And the priest who is anointed and consecrated as priest in his father's place shall make atonement, wearing the holy linen garments;
- he shall make atonement for the sanctuary, and he shall make atonement for the tent of meeting and for the altar, and he shall make atonement for the priests and for all the people of the assembly.
- And this shall be an everlasting statute for you, that atonement may be made for the people of Israel once in the year because of all their sins." And Moses did as the LORD commanded him.
- And the LORD said to Moses,
- "Say to Aaron and his sons, and to all the people of Israel, This is the thing which the LORD has commanded.
- If any man of the house of Israel kills an ox or a lamb or a goat in the camp, or kills it outside the camp,
- and does not bring it to the door of the tent of meeting, to offer it as a gift to the LORD before the tabernacle of the LORD, bloodguilt shall be imputed to that man; he has shed blood; and that man shall be cut off from among his people.
- This is to the end that the people of Israel may bring their sacrifices which they slay in the open field, that they may bring them to the LORD, to the priest at the door of the tent of meeting, and slay them as sacrifices of peace offerings to the LORD;
- and the priest shall sprinkle the blood on the altar of the LORD at the door of the tent of meeting, and burn the fat for a pleasing odor to the LORD.
- So they shall no more slay their sacrifices for satyrs, after whom they play the harlot. This shall be a statute for ever to them throughout their generations.
- "And you shall say to them, Any man of the house of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among them, who offers a burnt offering or sacrifice,
- and does not bring it to the door of the tent of meeting, to sacrifice it to the LORD; that man shall be cut off from his people.
- "If any man of the house of Israel or of the strangers that sojourn among them eats any blood, I will set my face against that person who eats blood, and will cut him off from among his people.
- For the life of the flesh is in the blood; and I have given it for you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that makes atonement, by reason of the life.
- Therefore I have said to the people of Israel, No person among you shall eat blood, neither shall any stranger who sojourns among you eat blood.
- Any man also of the people of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among them, who takes in hunting any beast or bird that may be eaten shall pour out its blood and cover it with dust.
- "For the life of every creature is the blood of it; therefore I have said to the people of Israel, You shall not eat the blood of any creature, for the life of every creature is its blood; whoever eats it shall be cut off.
- And every person that eats what dies of itself or what is torn by beasts, whether he is a native or a sojourner, shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the evening; then he shall be clean.
- But if he does not wash them or bathe his flesh, he shall bear his iniquity."
- And the LORD said to Moses,
- "Say to the people of Israel, I am the LORD your God.
- You shall not do as they do in the land of Egypt, where you dwelt, and you shall not do as they do in the land of Canaan, to which I am bringing you. You shall not walk in their statutes.
- You shall do my ordinances and keep my statutes and walk in them. I am the LORD your God.
- You shall therefore keep my statutes and my ordinances, by doing which a man shall live: I am the LORD.
- "None of you shall approach any one near of kin to him to uncover nakedness. I am the LORD.
- You shall not uncover the nakedness of your father, which is the nakedness of your mother; she is your mother, you shall not uncover her nakedness.
- You shall not uncover the nakedness of your father's wife; it is your father's nakedness.
- You shall not uncover the nakedness of your sister, the daughter of your father or the daughter of your mother, whether born at home or born abroad.
- You shall not uncover the nakedness of your son's daughter or of your daughter's daughter, for their nakedness is your own nakedness.
- You shall not uncover the nakedness of your father's wife's daughter, begotten by your father, since she is your sister.
- You shall not uncover the nakedness of your father's sister; she is your father's near kinswoman.
- You shall not uncover the nakedness of your mother's sister, for she is your mother's near kinswoman.
- You shall not uncover the nakedness of your father's brother, that is, you shall not approach his wife; she is your aunt.
- You shall not uncover the nakedness of your daughter-in-law; she is your son's wife, you shall not uncover her nakedness.
- You shall not uncover the nakedness of your brother's wife; she is your brother's nakedness.
- You shall not uncover the nakedness of a woman and of her daughter, and you shall not take her son's daughter or her daughter's daughter to uncover her nakedness; they are your near kinswomen; it is wickedness.
- And you shall not take a woman as a rival wife to her sister, uncovering her nakedness while her sister is yet alive.
- "You shall not approach a woman to uncover her nakedness while she is in her menstrual uncleanness.
- And you shall not lie carnally with your neighbor's wife, and defile yourself with her.
- You shall not give any of your children to devote them by fire to Molech, and so profane the name of your God: I am the LORD.
- You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.
- And you shall not lie with any beast and defile yourself with it, neither shall any woman give herself to a beast to lie with it: it is perversion.
- "Do not defile yourselves by any of these things, for by all these the nations I am casting out before you defiled themselves;
- and the land became defiled, so that I punished its iniquity, and the land vomited out its inhabitants.
- But you shall keep my statutes and my ordinances and do none of these abominations, either the native or the stranger who sojourns among you
- (for all of these abominations the men of the land did, who were before you, so that the land became defiled);
- lest the land vomit you out, when you defile it, as it vomited out the nation that was before you.
- For whoever shall do any of these abominations, the persons that do them shall be cut off from among their people.
- So keep my charge never to practice any of these abominable customs which were practiced before you, and never to defile yourselves by them: I am the LORD your God."
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.