52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
1 Corinthians 11
- Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ.
- I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I have delivered them to you.
- But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a woman is her husband, and the head of Christ is God.
- Any man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head,
- but any woman who prays or prophesies with her head unveiled dishonors her head--it is the same as if her head were shaven.
- For if a woman will not veil herself, then she should cut off her hair; but if it is disgraceful for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her wear a veil.
- For a man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man.
- (For man was not made from woman, but woman from man.
- Neither was man created for woman, but woman for man.)
- That is why a woman ought to have a veil on her head, because of the angels.
- (Nevertheless, in the Lord woman is not independent of man nor man of woman;
- for as woman was made from man, so man is now born of woman. And all things are from God.)
- Judge for yourselves; is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered?
- Does not nature itself teach you that for a man to wear long hair is degrading to him,
- but if a woman has long hair, it is her pride? For her hair is given to her for a covering.
- If any one is disposed to be contentious, we recognize no other practice, nor do the churches of God.
- But in the following instructions I do not commend you, because when you come together it is not for the better but for the worse.
- For, in the first place, when you assemble as a church, I hear that there are divisions among you; and I partly believe it,
- for there must be factions among you in order that those who are genuine among you may be recognized.
- When you meet together, it is not the Lord's supper that you eat.
- For in eating, each one goes ahead with his own meal, and one is hungry and another is drunk.
- What! Do you not have houses to eat and drink in? Or do you despise the church of God and humiliate those who have nothing? What shall I say to you? Shall I commend you in this? No, I will not.
- For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread,
- and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, "This is my body which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me."
- In the same way also the cup, after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me."
- For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes.
- Whoever, therefore, eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of profaning the body and blood of the Lord.
- Let a man examine himself, and so eat of the bread and drink of the cup.
- For any one who eats and drinks without discerning the body eats and drinks judgment upon himself.
- That is why many of you are weak and ill, and some have died.
- But if we judged ourselves truly, we should not be judged.
- But when we are judged by the Lord, we are chastened so that we may not be condemned along with the world.
- So then, my brethren, when you come together to eat, wait for one another--
- if any one is hungry, let him eat at home--lest you come together to be condemned. About the other things I will give directions when I come.
1 Corinthians 12
500 Internal Server Error
- Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I do not want you to be uninformed.
- You know that when you were heathen, you were led astray to dumb idols, however you may have been moved.
- Therefore I want you to understand that no one speaking by the Spirit of God ever says "Jesus be cursed!" and no one can say "Jesus is Lord" except by the Holy Spirit.
- Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit;
- and there are varieties of service, but the same Lord;
- and there are varieties of working, but it is the same God who inspires them all in every one.
- To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.
- To one is given through the Spirit the utterance of wisdom, and to another the utterance of knowledge according to the same Spirit,
- to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit,
- to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another the ability to distinguish between spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues.
- All these are inspired by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as he wills.
- For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ.
- For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body--Jews or Greeks, slaves or free--and all were made to drink of one Spirit.
- For the body does not consist of one member but of many.
- If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body," that would not make it any less a part of the body.
- And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body," that would not make it any less a part of the body.
- If the whole body were an eye, where would be the hearing? If the whole body were an ear, where would be the sense of smell?
- But as it is, God arranged the organs in the body, each one of them, as he chose.
- If all were a single organ, where would the body be?
- As it is, there are many parts, yet one body.
- The eye cannot say to the hand, "I have no need of you," nor again the head to the feet, "I have no need of you."
- On the contrary, the parts of the body which seem to be weaker are indispensable,
- and those parts of the body which we think less honorable we invest with the greater honor, and our unpresentable parts are treated with greater modesty,
- which our more presentable parts do not require. But God has so composed the body, giving the greater honor to the inferior part,
- that there may be no discord in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another.
- If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.
- Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it.
- And God has appointed in the church first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, then healers, helpers, administrators, speakers in various kinds of tongues.
- Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles?
- Do all possess gifts of healing? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret?
- But earnestly desire the higher gifts. And I will show you a still more excellent way.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
Please contact the server administrator at
firstname.lastname@example.org to inform them of the time this error occurred,
and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.