52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- And yet, I pray thee, O Job, Hear my speech and [to] all my words give ear.
- Lo, I pray thee, I have opened my mouth, My tongue hath spoken in the palate.
- Of the uprightness of my heart [are] my sayings, And knowledge have my lips clearly spoken.
- The Spirit of God hath made me, And the breath of the Mighty doth quicken me.
- If thou art able -- answer me, Set in array before me -- station thyself.
- Lo, I [am], according to thy word, for God, From the clay I -- I also, have been formed.
- Lo, my terror doth not frighten thee, And my burden on thee is not heavy.
- Surely -- thou hast said in mine ears, And the sounds of words I hear:
- `Pure [am] I, without transgression, Innocent [am] I, and I have no iniquity.
- Lo, occasions against me He doth find, He doth reckon me for an enemy to Him,
- He doth put in the stocks my feet, He doth watch all my paths.'
- Lo, [in] this thou hast not been righteous, I answer thee, that greater is God than man.
- Wherefore against Him hast thou striven, When [for] all His matters He answereth not?
- For once doth God speak, and twice, (He doth not behold it.)
- In a dream -- a vision of night, In the falling of deep sleep on men, In slumberings on a bed.
- Then He uncovereth the ear of men, And for their instruction sealeth:
- To turn aside man [from] doing, And pride from man He concealeth.
- He keepeth back his soul from corruption, And his life from passing away by a dart.
- And he hath been reproved With pain on his bed, And the strife of his bones [is] enduring.
- And his life hath nauseated bread, And his soul desirable food.
- His flesh is consumed from being seen, And high are his bones, they were not seen!
- And draw near to the pit doth his soul, And his life to those causing death.
- If there is by him a messenger, An interpreter -- one of a thousand, To declare for man his uprightness:
- Then He doth favour him and saith, `Ransom him from going down to the pit, I have found an atonement.'
- Fresher [is] his flesh than a child's, He returneth to the days of his youth.
- He maketh supplication unto God, And He accepteth him. And he seeth His face with shouting, And He returneth to man His righteousness.
- He looketh on men, and saith, `I sinned, And uprightness I have perverted, And it hath not been profitable to me.
- He hath ransomed my soul From going over into the pit, And my life on the light looketh.'
- Lo, all these doth God work, Twice -- thrice with man,
- To bring back his soul from the pit, To be enlightened with the light of the living.
- Attend, O Job, hearken to me, Keep silent, and I -- I do speak.
- If there are words -- answer me, Speak, for I have a desire to justify thee.
- If there are not -- hearken thou to me, Keep silent, and I teach thee wisdom.
500 Internal Server Error
- And Elihu answereth and saith:
- Hear, O wise men, my words, And, O knowing ones, give ear to me.
- For the ear doth try words, And the palate tasteth to eat.
- Judgment let us choose for ourselves, Let us know among ourselves what [is] good.
- For Job hath said, `I have been righteous, And God hath turned aside my right,
- Against my right do I lie? Mortal [is] mine arrow -- without transgression.'
- Who [is] a man like Job? He drinketh scoffing like water,
- And he hath travelled for company With workers of iniquity, So as to go with men of wickedness.
- For he hath said, `It doth not profit a man, When he delighteth himself with God.'
- Therefore, O men of heart, hearken to me; Far be it from God to do wickedness, And [from] the Mighty to do perverseness:
- For the work of man he repayeth to him, And according to the path of each He doth cause him to find.
- Yea, truly, God doth not do wickedly, And the Mighty doth not pervert judgment.
- Who hath inspected for Himself the earth? And who hath placed all the habitable world?
- If He doth set on him His heart, His spirit and his breath unto Him He gathereth.
- Expire doth all flesh together, And man to dust returneth.
- And if [there is] understanding, hear this, Give ear to the voice of my words.
- Yea, doth one hating justice govern? Or the Most Just dost thou condemn?
- Who hath said to a king -- `Worthless,' Unto princes -- `Wicked?'
- That hath not accepted the person of princes, Nor hath known the rich before the poor, For a work of His hands [are] all of them.
- [In] a moment they die, and at midnight Shake do people, and they pass away, And they remove the mighty without hand.
- For His eyes [are] on the ways of each, And all his steps He doth see.
- There is no darkness nor death-shade, For workers of iniquity to be hidden there;
- For He doth not suffer man any more, To go unto God in judgment,
- He breaketh the mighty -- no searching! And He appointeth others in their stead.
- Therefore He knoweth their works, And He hath overturned by night, And they are bruised.
- As wicked He hath stricken them, In the place of beholders.
- Because that against right They have turned aside from after Him, And none of His ways have considered wisely,
- To cause to come in unto Him The cry of the poor, And the cry of the afflicted He heareth.
- And He giveth rest, and who maketh wrong? And hideth the face, and who beholdeth it? And in reference to a nation and to a man, [It is] the same.
- From the reigning of a profane man, From the snares of a people;
- For unto God hath any said: `I have taken away, I do not corruptly,
- Besides [that which] I see, shew Thou me, If iniquity I have done -- I do not add?'
- By thee doth He recompense, That thou hast refused -- That thou dost choose, and not I? And what thou hast known, speak.
- Let men of heart say to me, And a wise man is hearkening to me.
- Job -- not with knowledge doth he speak, And his words [are] not with wisdom.
- My Father! let Job be tried -- unto victory, Because of answers for men of iniquity,
- For he doth add to his sin, Transgression among us he vomiteth, And multiplieth his sayings to God.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
Please contact the server administrator at
email@example.com to inform them of the time this error occurred,
and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.