|52 Week Bible Reading Plan|
|Want to read through the Bible in a year? This plan can help you!|
52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
1 Timothy 1
- Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to a command of God our Saviour, and of the Lord Jesus Christ our hope,
- to Timotheus -- genuine child in faith: Grace, kindness, peace, from God our Father, and Christ Jesus our Lord,
- according as I did exhort thee to remain in Ephesus -- I going on to Macedonia -- that thou mightest charge certain not to teach any other thing,
- nor to give heed to fables and endless genealogies, that cause questions rather than the building up of God that is in faith: --
- And the end of the charge is love out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned,
- from which certain, having swerved, did turn aside to vain discourse,
- willing to be teachers of law, not understanding either the things they say, nor concerning what they asseverate,
- and we have known that the law [is] good, if any one may use it lawfully;
- having known this, that for a righteous man law is not set, but for lawless and insubordinate persons, ungodly and sinners, impious and profane, parricides and matricides, men-slayers,
- whoremongers, sodomites, men-stealers, liars, perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that to sound doctrine is adverse,
- according to the good news of the glory of the blessed God, with which I was entrusted.
- And I give thanks to him who enabled me -- Christ Jesus our Lord -- that he did reckon me stedfast, having put [me] to the ministration,
- who before was speaking evil, and persecuting, and insulting, but I found kindness, because, being ignorant, I did [it] in unbelief,
- and exceedingly abound did the grace of our Lord, with faith and love that [is] in Christ Jesus:
- stedfast [is] the word, and of all acceptation worthy, that Christ Jesus came to the world to save sinners -- first of whom I am;
- but because of this I found kindness, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all long-suffering, for a pattern of those about to believe on him to life age-during:
- and to the King of the ages, the incorruptible, invisible, only wise God, [is] honour and glory -- to the ages of the ages! Amen.
- This charge I commit to thee, child Timotheus, according to the prophesies that went before upon thee, that thou mayest war in them the good warfare,
- having faith and a good conscience, which certain having thrust away, concerning the faith did make shipwreck,
- of whom are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I did deliver to the Adversary, that they might be instructed not to speak evil.
1 Timothy 2
- I exhort, then, first of all, there be made supplications, prayers, intercessions, thanksgivings, for all men:
- for kings, and all who are in authority, that a quiet and peaceable life we may lead in all piety and gravity,
- for this [is] right and acceptable before God our Saviour,
- who doth will all men to be saved, and to come to the full knowledge of the truth;
- for one [is] God, one also [is] mediator of God and of men, the man Christ Jesus,
- who did give himself a ransom for all -- the testimony in its own times --
- in regard to which I was set a preacher and apostle -- truth I say in Christ, I do not lie -- a teacher of nations, in faith and truth.
- I wish, therefore, that men pray in every place, lifting up kind hands, apart from anger and reasoning;
- in like manner also the women, in becoming apparel, with modesty and sobriety to adorn themselves, not in braided hair, or gold, or pearls, or garments of great price,
- but -- which becometh women professing godly piety -- through good works.
- Let a woman in quietness learn in all subjection,
- and a woman I do not suffer to teach, nor to rule a husband, but to be in quietness,
- for Adam was first formed, then Eve,
- and Adam was not deceived, but the woman, having been deceived, into transgression came,
- and she shall be saved through the child-bearing, if they remain in faith, and love, and sanctification, with sobriety.
1 Timothy 3
- Stedfast [is] the word: If any one the oversight doth long for, a right work he desireth;
- it behoveth, therefore, the overseer to be blameless, of one wife a husband, vigilant, sober, decent, a friend of strangers, apt to teach,
- not given to wine, not a striker, not given to filthy lucre, but gentle, not contentious, not a lover of money,
- his own house leading well, having children in subjection with all gravity,
- (and if any one his own house [how] to lead hath not known, how an assembly of God shall he take care of?)
- not a new convert, lest having been puffed up he may fall to a judgment of the devil;
- and it behoveth him also to have a good testimony from those without, that he may not fall into reproach and a snare of the devil.
- Ministrants -- in like manner grave, not double-tongued, not given to much wine, not given to filthy lucre,
- having the secret of the faith in a pure conscience,
- and let these also first be proved, then let them minister, being unblameable.
- Women -- in like manner grave, not false accusers, vigilant, faithful in all things.
- Ministrants -- let them be of one wife husbands; the children leading well, and their own houses,
- for those who did minister well a good step to themselves do acquire, and much boldness in faith that [is] in Christ Jesus.
- These things I write to thee, hoping to come unto thee soon,
- and if I delay, that thou mayest know how it behoveth [thee] to conduct thyself in the house of God, which is an assembly of the living God -- a pillar and foundation of the truth,
- and, confessedly, great is the secret of piety -- God was manifested in flesh, declared righteous in spirit, seen by messengers, preached among nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory!
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.