52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
1 Thessalonians 4
- For the rest, then, brethren, we beg you and exhort you in [the] Lord Jesus, even as ye have received from us how ye ought to walk and please God, even as ye also do walk, that ye would abound still more.
- For ye know what charges we gave you through the Lord Jesus.
- For this is [the] will of God, [even] your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication;
- that each of you know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honour,
- (not in passionate desire, even as the nations who know not God,)
- not overstepping the rights of and wronging his brother in the matter, because the Lord [is] the avenger of all these things, even as we also told you before, and have fully testified.
- For God has not called us to uncleanness, but in sanctification.
- He therefore that [in this] disregards [his brother], disregards, not man, but God, who has given also his Holy Spirit to you.
- Now concerning brotherly love ye have no need that we should write to you, for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.
- For also ye do this towards all the brethren in the whole of Macedonia; but we exhort you, brethren, to abound still more,
- and to seek earnestly to be quiet and mind your own affairs, and work with your [own] hands, even as we charged you,
- that ye may walk reputably towards those without, and may have need of no one.
- But we do not wish you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them that are fallen asleep, to the end that ye be not grieved even as also the rest who have no hope.
- For if we believe that Jesus has died and has risen again, so also God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep through Jesus.
- (For this we say to you in [the] word of [the] Lord, that *we*, the living, who remain to the coming of the Lord, are in no way to anticipate those who have fallen asleep;
- for the Lord himself, with an assembling shout, with archangel's voice and with trump of God, shall descend from heaven; and the dead in Christ shall rise first;
- then *we*, the living who remain, shall be caught up together with them in [the] clouds, to meet the Lord in [the] air; and thus we shall be always with [the] Lord.
- So encourage one another with these words.)
1 Thessalonians 5
500 Internal Server Error
- But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that ye should be written to,
- for ye know perfectly well yourselves, that the day of [the] Lord so comes as a thief by night.
- When they may say, Peace and safety, then sudden destruction comes upon them, as travail upon her that is with child; and they shall in no wise escape.
- But *ye*, brethren, are not in darkness, that the day should overtake you as a thief:
- for all *ye* are sons of light and sons of day; we are not of night nor of darkness.
- So then do not let us sleep as the rest do, but let us watch and be sober;
- for they that sleep sleep by night, and they that drink drink by night;
- but *we* being of [the] day, let us be sober, putting on [the] breastplate of faith and love, and as helmet [the] hope of salvation;
- because God has not set us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,
- who has died for us, that whether we may be watching or sleep, we may live together with him.
- Wherefore encourage one another, and build up each one the other, even as also ye do.
- But we beg you, brethren, to know those who labour among you, and take the lead among you in [the] Lord, and admonish you,
- and to regard them exceedingly in love on account of their work. Be in peace among yourselves.
- But we exhort you, brethren, admonish the disorderly, comfort the faint-hearted, sustain the weak, be patient towards all.
- See that no one render to any evil for evil, but pursue always what is good towards one another and towards all;
- rejoice always;
- pray unceasingly;
- in everything give thanks, for this is [the] will of God in Christ Jesus towards you;
- quench not the Spirit;
- do not lightly esteem prophecies;
- but prove all things, hold fast the right;
- hold aloof from every form of wickedness.
- Now the God of peace himself sanctify you wholly: and your whole spirit, and soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- He [is] faithful who calls you, who will also perform [it].
- Brethren, pray for us.
- Greet all the brethren with a holy kiss.
- I adjure you by the Lord that the letter be read to all the [holy] brethren.
- The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ [be] with you.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
Please contact the server administrator at
firstname.lastname@example.org to inform them of the time this error occurred,
and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.