|52 Week Bible Reading Plan|
|ChristianMags.us tracks the lowest price on dozens of Christian magazines!|
52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
1 Timothy 1
- Paul, apostle of Jesus Christ, according to [the] command of God our Saviour, and of Christ Jesus our hope,
- to Timotheus, [my] true child in faith: grace, mercy, peace, from God our Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Even as I begged thee to remain in Ephesus, [when I was] going to Macedonia, that thou mightest enjoin some not to teach other doctrines,
- nor to turn their minds to fables and interminable genealogies, which bring questionings rather than [further] God's dispensation, which [is] in faith.
- But the end of what is enjoined is love out of a pure heart and a good conscience and unfeigned faith;
- which [things] some having missed, have turned aside to vain discourse,
- desiring to be law-teachers, not understanding either what they say or concerning what they [so] strenuously affirm.
- Now we know that the law [is] good if any one uses it lawfully,
- knowing this, that law has not its application to a righteous person, but to [the] lawless and insubordinate, to [the] impious and sinful, to [the] unholy and profane, to smiters of fathers and smiters of mothers; to murderers,
- fornicators, sodomites, kidnappers, liars, perjurers; and if any other thing is opposed to sound teaching,
- according to the glad tidings of the glory of the blessed God, with which *I* have been entrusted.
- [And] I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me power, that he has counted me faithful, appointing to ministry him
- who before was a blasphemer and persecutor, and an insolent overbearing [man]: but mercy was shewn me because I did it ignorantly, in unbelief.
- But the grace of our Lord surpassingly over-abounded with faith and love, which [is] in Christ Jesus.
- Faithful [is] the word, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom *I* am [the] first.
- But for this reason mercy was shewn me, that in me, [the] first, Jesus Christ might display the whole long-suffering, for a delineation of those about to believe on him to life eternal.
- Now to the King of the ages, [the] incorruptible, invisible, only God, honour and glory to the ages of ages. Amen.
- This charge, [my] child Timotheus, I commit to thee, according to the prophecies as to thee preceding, in order that thou mightest war by them the good warfare,
- maintaining faith and a good conscience; which [last] some, having put away, have made shipwreck as to faith;
- of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have delivered to Satan, that they may be taught by discipline not to blaspheme.
1 Timothy 2
- I exhort therefore, first of all, that supplications, prayers, intercessions, thanksgivings be made for all men;
- for kings and all that are in dignity, that we may lead a quiet and tranquil life in all piety and gravity;
- for this is good and acceptable before our Saviour God,
- who desires that all men should be saved and come to [the] knowledge of [the] truth.
- For God is one, and [the] mediator of God and men one, [the] man Christ Jesus,
- who gave himself a ransom for all, the testimony [to be rendered] in its own times;
- to which *I* have been appointed a herald and apostle, (I speak [the] truth, I do not lie,) a teacher of [the] nations in faith and truth.
- I will therefore that the men pray in every place, lifting up pious hands, without wrath or reasoning.
- In like manner also that the women in decent deportment and dress adorn themselves with modesty and discretion, not with plaited [hair] and gold, or pearls, or costly clothing,
- but, what becomes women making profession of the fear of God, by good works.
- Let a woman learn in quietness in all subjection;
- but I do not suffer a woman to teach nor to exercise authority over man, but to be in quietness;
- for Adam was formed first, then Eve:
- and Adam was not deceived; but the woman, having been deceived, was in transgression.
- But she shall be preserved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and love and holiness with discretion.
1 Timothy 3
500 Internal Server Error
- The word [is] faithful: if any one aspires to exercise oversight, he desires a good work.
- The overseer then must be irreproachable, husband of one wife, sober, discreet, decorous, hospitable, apt to teach;
- not given to excesses from wine, not a striker, but mild, not addicted to contention, not fond of money,
- conducting his own house well, having [his] children in subjection with all gravity;
- (but if one does not know how to conduct his own house, how shall he take care of the assembly of God?)
- not a novice, that he may not, being inflated, fall into [the] fault of the devil.
- But it is necessary that he should have also a good testimony from those without, that he may fall not into reproach and [the] snare of the devil.
- Ministers, in like manner, grave, not double-tongued, not given to much wine, not seeking gain by base means,
- holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.
- And let these be first proved, then let them minister, being without charge [against them].
- [The] women in like manner grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things.
- Let [the] ministers be husbands of one wife, conducting [their] children and their own houses well:
- for those who shall have ministered well obtain for themselves a good degree, and much boldness in faith which [is] in Christ Jesus.
- These things I write to thee, hoping to come to thee more quickly;
- but if I delay, in order that thou mayest know how one ought to conduct oneself in God's house, which is [the] assembly of [the] living God, [the] pillar and base of the truth.
- And confessedly the mystery of piety is great. God has been manifested in flesh, has been justified in [the] Spirit, has appeared to angels, has been preached among [the] nations, has been believed on in [the] world, has been received up in glory.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
Please contact the server administrator at
firstname.lastname@example.org to inform them of the time this error occurred,
and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.