|52 Week Bible Reading Plan|
|ChristianMags.us tracks the lowest price on dozens of Christian magazines!|
52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- At that time Herod the tetrarch heard the news about Jesus,
- and said to his servants, " This is John the Baptist; he has risen from the dead, and that is why miraculous powers are at work in him.'
- For when Herod had John arrested, he bound him and put him in prison because of Herodias, the wife of his brother Philip.
- For John had been saying to him, " It is not lawful for you to have her.'
- Although Herod wanted to put him to death, he feared the crowd, because they regarded John as a prophet.
- But when Herod's birthday came, the daughter of Herodias danced before them and pleased Herod,
- so much that he promised with an oath to give her whatever she asked.
- Having been prompted by her mother, she said, "Give me here on a platter the head of John the Baptist.'
- Although he was grieved, the king commanded it to be given because of his oaths, and because of his dinner guests.
- He sent and had John beheaded in the prison.
- And his head was brought on a platter and given to the girl, and she brought it to her mother.
- His disciples came and took away the body and buried it; and they went and reported to Jesus.
- Now when Jesus heard about John, He withdrew from there in a boat to a secluded place by Himself; and when the people heard of this, they followed Him on foot from the cities.
- When He went ashore, He saw a large crowd, and felt compassion for them and healed their sick.
- When it was evening, the disciples came to Him and said, "This place is desolate and the hour is already late; so send the crowds away, that they may go into the villages and buy food for themselves.'
- But Jesus said to them, "They do not need to go away; you give them something to eat!'
- They said to Him, "We have here only five loaves and two fish.'
- And He said, "Bring them here to Me.'
- Ordering the people to sit down on the grass, He took the five loaves and the two fish, and looking up toward heaven, He blessed the food, and breaking the loaves He gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the crowds,
- and they all ate and were satisfied. They picked up what was left over of the broken pieces, twelve full baskets.
- There were about five thousand men who ate, besides women and children.
- Immediately He made the disciples get into the boat and go ahead of Him to the other side, while He sent the crowds away.
- After He had sent the crowds away, He went up on the mountain by Himself to pray; and when it was evening, He was there alone.
- But the boat was already a long distance from the land, battered by the waves; for the wind was contrary.
- And in the fourth watch of the night He came to them, walking on the sea.
- When the disciples saw Him walking on the sea, they were terrified, and said, "It is a ghost!' And they cried out in fear.
- But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, " Take courage, it is I; do not be afraid.'
- Peter said to Him, "Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water.'
- And He said, "Come!' And Peter got out of the boat, and walked on the water and came toward Jesus.
- But seeing the wind, he became frightened, and beginning to sink, he cried out, "Lord, save me!'
- Immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and took hold of him, and said to him, " You of little faith, why did you doubt?'
- When they got into the boat, the wind stopped.
- And those who were in the boat worshiped Him, saying, "You are certainly God's Son!'
- When they had crossed over, they came to land at Gennesaret.
- And when the men of that place recognized Him, they sent word into all that surrounding district and brought to Him all who were sick;
- and they implored Him that they might just touch the fringe of His cloak; and as many as touched it were cured. 15
- Then some Pharisees and scribes came to Jesus from Jerusalem and said,
- "Why do Your disciples break the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat bread.'
- And He answered and said to them, "Why do you yourselves transgress the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition?
- "For God said, " HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER,' and, " HE WHO SPEAKS EVIL OF FATHER OR MOTHER IS TO BE PUT TO DEATH.'
- "But you say, "Whoever says to his father or mother, "Whatever I have that would help you has been given to God,'
- he is not to honor his father or his mother .' And by this you invalidated the word of God for the sake of your tradition.
- "You hypocrites, rightly did Isaiah prophesy of you:
- " THIS PEOPLE HONORS ME WITH THEIR LIPS, BUT THEIR HEART IS FAR AWAY FROM ME.
- "BUT IN VAIN DO THEY WORSHIP ME, TEACHING AS DOCTRINES THE PRECEPTS OF MEN.'
- After Jesus called the crowd to Him, He said to them, "Hear and understand.
- " It is not what enters into the mouth that defiles the man, but what proceeds out of the mouth, this defiles the man.'
- Then the disciples came and said to Him, "Do You know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this statement?'
- But He answered and said, " Every plant which My heavenly Father did not plant shall be uprooted.
- "Let them alone; they are blind guides of the blind. And if a blind man guides a blind man, both will fall into a pit.'
- Peter said to Him, " Explain the parable to us.'
- Jesus said, "Are you still lacking in understanding also?
- "Do you not understand that everything that goes into the mouth passes into the stomach, and is eliminated?
- "But the things that proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and those defile the man.
- " For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, slanders.
- "These are the things which defile the man; but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile the man.'
- Jesus went away from there, and withdrew into the district of Tyre and Sidon.
- And a Canaanite woman from that region came out and began to cry out, saying, "Have mercy on me, Lord, Son of David; my daughter is cruelly demon-possessed.'
- But He did not answer her a word. And His disciples came and implored Him, saying, "Send her away, because she keeps shouting at us.'
- But He answered and said, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.'
- But she came and began to bow down before Him, saying, "Lord, help me!'
- And He answered and said, "It is not good to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs.'
- But she said, "Yes, Lord; but even the dogs feed on the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.'
- Then Jesus said to her, "O woman, your faith is great; it shall be done for you as you wish.' And her daughter was healed at once.
- Departing from there, Jesus went along by the Sea of Galilee, and having gone up on the mountain, He was sitting there.
- And large crowds came to Him, bringing with them those who were lame, crippled, blind, mute, and many others, and they laid them down at His feet; and He healed them.
- So the crowd marveled as they saw the mute speaking, the crippled restored, and the lame walking, and the blind seeing; and they glorified the God of Israel.
- And Jesus called His disciples to Him, and said, " I feel compassion for the people, because they have remained with Me now three days and have nothing to eat; and I do not want to send them away hungry, for they might faint on the way.'
- The disciples said to Him, "Where would we get so many loaves in this desolate place to satisfy such a large crowd?'
- And Jesus said to them, "How many loaves do you have?' And they said, "Seven, and a few small fish.'
- And He directed the people to sit down on the ground;
- and He took the seven loaves and the fish; and giving thanks, He broke them and started giving them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the people.
- And they all ate and were satisfied, and they picked up what was left over of the broken pieces, seven large baskets full.
- And those who ate were four thousand men, besides women and children.
- And sending away the crowds, Jesus got into the boat and came to the region of Magadan. 16
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
500 Internal Server Error
- The Pharisees and Sadducees came up, and testing Jesus, they asked Him to show them a sign from heaven.
- But He replied to them, " When it is evening, you say, "It will be fair weather, for the sky is red.'
- "And in the morning, "There will be a storm today, for the sky is red and threatening.' Do you know how to discern the appearance of the sky, but cannot discern the signs of the times?
- " An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign; and a sign will not be given it, except the sign of Jonah.' And He left them and went away.
- And the disciples came to the other side of the sea, but they had forgotten to bring any bread.
- And Jesus said to them, "Watch out and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees.'
- They began to discuss this among themselves, saying, "He said that because we did not bring any bread.'
- But Jesus, aware of this, said, " You men of little faith, why do you discuss among yourselves that you have no bread?
- "Do you not yet understand or remember the five loaves of the five thousand, and how many baskets full you picked up?
- "Or the seven loaves of the four thousand, and how many large baskets full you picked up?
- "How is it that you do not understand that I did not speak to you concerning bread? But beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees.'
- Then they understood that He did not say to beware of the leaven of bread, but of the teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees.
- Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesarea Philippi, He was asking His disciples, "Who do people say that the Son of Man is?'
- And they said, "Some say John the Baptist; and others, Elijah; but still others, Jeremiah, or one of the prophets.'
- He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?'
- Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.'
- And Jesus said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Barjona, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.
- "I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it.
- "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven.'
- Then He warned the disciples that they should tell no one that He was the Christ.
- From that time Jesus began to show His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised up on the third day.
- Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke Him, saying, " God forbid it, Lord! This shall never happen to You.'
- But He turned and said to Peter, "Get behind Me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to Me; for you are not setting your mind on God's interests, but man's.'
- Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me.
- "For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.
- "For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?
- "For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and WILL THEN REPAY EVERY MAN ACCORDING TO HIS DEEDS.
- "Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.' 17
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
Please contact the server administrator at
email@example.com to inform them of the time this error occurred,
and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.