52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- And faith is of things hoped for a confidence, of matters not seen a conviction,
- for in this were the elders testified of;
- by faith we understand the ages to have been prepared by a saying of God, in regard to the things seen not having come out of things appearing;
- by faith a better sacrifice did Abel offer to God than Cain, through which he was testified to be righteous, God testifying of his gifts, and through it, he being dead, doth yet speak.
- By faith Enoch was translated -- not to see death, and was not found, because God did translate him; for before his translation he had been testified to -- that he had pleased God well,
- and apart from faith it is impossible to please well, for it behoveth him who is coming to God to believe that He is, and to those seeking Him He becometh a rewarder.
- By faith Noah, having been divinely warned concerning the things not yet seen, having feared, did prepare an ark to the salvation of his house, through which he did condemn the world, and of the righteousness according to faith he became heir.
- By faith Abraham, being called, did obey, to go forth to the place that he was about to receive for an inheritance, and he went forth, not knowing whither he doth go;
- by faith he did sojourn in the land of the promise as a strange country, in tabernacles having dwelt with Isaac and Jacob, fellow-heirs of the same promise,
- for he was looking for the city having the foundations, whose artificer and constructor [is] God.
- By faith also Sarah herself did receive power to conceive seed, and she bare after the time of life, seeing she did judge Him faithful who did promise;
- wherefore, also from one were begotten -- and that of one who had become dead -- as the stars of the heaven in multitude, and as sand that [is] by the sea-shore -- the innumerable.
- In faith died all these, not having received the promises, but from afar having seen them, and having been persuaded, and having saluted [them], and having confessed that strangers and sojourners they are upon the earth,
- for those saying such things make manifest that they seek a country;
- and if, indeed, they had been mindful of that from which they came forth, they might have had an opportunity to return,
- but now they long for a better, that is, an heavenly, wherefore God is not ashamed of them, to be called their God, for He did prepare for them a city.
- By faith Abraham hath offered up Isaac, being tried, and the only begotten he did offer up who did receive the promises,
- of whom it was said -- `In Isaac shall a seed be called to thee;'
- reckoning that even out of the dead God is able to raise up, whence also in a figure he did receive [him].
- By faith, concerning coming things, Isaac did bless Jacob and Esau;
- by faith Jacob dying -- each of the sons of Joseph did bless, and did bow down upon the top of his staff;
- by faith, Joseph dying, concerning the outgoing of the sons of Israel did make mention, and concerning his bones did give command.
- By faith Moses, having been born, was hid three months by his parents, because they saw the child comely, and were not afraid of the decree of the king;
- by faith Moses, having become great, did refuse to be called a son of the daughter of Pharaoh,
- having chosen rather to be afflicted with the people of God, than to have sin's pleasure for a season,
- greater wealth having reckoned the reproach of the Christ than the treasures in Egypt, for he did look to the recompense of reward;
- by faith he left Egypt behind, not having been afraid of the wrath of the king, for, as seeing the Invisible One -- he endured;
- by faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of the blood, that He who is destroying the first-born might not touch them.
- By faith they did pass through the Red Sea as through dry land, which the Egyptians having received a trial of, were swallowed up;
- by faith the walls of Jericho did fall, having been surrounded for seven days;
- by faith Rahab the harlot did not perish with those who disbelieved, having received the spies with peace.
- And what shall I yet say? for the time will fail me recounting about Gideon, Barak also, and Samson, and Jephthah, David also, and Samuel, and the prophets,
- who through faith did subdue kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped mouths of lions,
- quenched the power of fire, escaped the mouth of the sword, were made powerful out of infirmities, became strong in battle, caused to give way camps of the aliens.
- Women received by a rising again their dead, and others were tortured, not accepting the redemption, that a better rising again they might receive,
- and others of mockings and scourgings did receive trial, and yet of bonds and imprisonment;
- they were stoned, they were sawn asunder, they were tried; in the killing of the sword they died; they went about in sheepskins, in goatskins -- being destitute, afflicted, injuriously treated,
- of whom the world was not worthy; in deserts wandering, and [in] mountains, and [in] caves, and [in] the holes of the earth;
- and these all, having been testified to through the faith, did not receive the promise,
- God for us something better having provided, that apart from us they might not be made perfect.
- Therefore, we also having so great a cloud of witnesses set around us, every weight having put off, and the closely besetting sin, through endurance may we run the contest that is set before us,
- looking to the author and perfecter of faith -- Jesus, who, over-against the joy set before him -- did endure a cross, shame having despised, on the right hand also of the throne of God did sit down;
- for consider again him who endured such gainsaying from the sinners to himself, that ye may not be wearied in your souls -- being faint.
- Not yet unto blood did ye resist -- with the sin striving;
- and ye have forgotten the exhortation that doth speak fully with you as with sons, `My son, be not despising chastening of the Lord, nor be faint, being reproved by Him,
- for whom the Lord doth love He doth chasten, and He scourgeth every son whom He receiveth;'
- if chastening ye endure, as to sons God beareth Himself to you, for who is a son whom a father doth not chasten?
- and if ye are apart from chastening, of which all have become partakers, then bastards are ye, and not sons.
- Then, indeed, fathers of our flesh we have had, chastising [us], and we were reverencing [them]; shall we not much rather be subject to the Father of the spirits, and live?
- for they, indeed, for a few days, according to what seemed good to them, were chastening, but He for profit, to be partakers of His separation;
- and all chastening for the present, indeed, doth not seem to be of joy, but of sorrow, yet afterward the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those exercised through it -- it doth yield.
- Wherefore, the hanging-down hands and the loosened knees set ye up;
- and straight paths make for your feet, that that which is lame may not be turned aside, but rather be healed;
- peace pursue with all, and the separation, apart from which no one shall see the Lord,
- looking diligently over lest any one be failing of the grace of God, lest any root of bitterness springing up may give trouble, and through this many may be defiled;
- lest any one be a fornicator, or a profane person, as Esau, who in exchange for one morsel of food did sell his birthright,
- for ye know that also afterwards, wishing to inherit the blessing, he was disapproved of, for a place of reformation he found not, though with tears having sought it.
- For ye came not near to the mount touched and scorched with fire, and to blackness, and darkness, and tempest,
- and a sound of a trumpet, and a voice of sayings, which those having heard did entreat that a word might not be added to them,
- for they were not bearing that which is commanded, `And if a beast may touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or with an arrow shot through,'
- and, (so terrible was the sight,) Moses said, `I am fearful exceedingly, and trembling.'
- But, ye came to Mount Zion, and to a city of the living God, to the heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of messengers,
- to the company and assembly of the first-born in heaven enrolled, and to God the judge of all, and to spirits of righteous men made perfect,
- and to a mediator of a new covenant -- Jesus, and to blood of sprinkling, speaking better things than that of Abel!
- See, may ye not refuse him who is speaking, for if those did not escape who refused him who upon earth was divinely speaking -- much less we who do turn away from him who [speaketh] from heaven,
- whose voice the earth shook then, and now hath he promised, saying, `Yet once -- I shake not only the earth, but also the heaven;'
- and this -- `Yet once' -- doth make evident the removal of the things shaken, as of things having been made, that the things not shaken may remain;
- wherefore, a kingdom that cannot be shaken receiving, may we have grace, through which we may serve God well-pleasingly, with reverence and religious fear;
- for also our God [is] a consuming fire.
500 Internal Server Error
- Let brotherly love remain;
- of the hospitality be not forgetful, for through this unawares certain did entertain messengers;
- be mindful of those in bonds, as having been bound with them, of those maltreated, as also yourselves being in the body;
- honourable [is] the marriage in all, and the bed undefiled, and whoremongers and adulterers God shall judge.
- Without covetousness the behaviour, being content with the things present, for He hath said, `No, I will not leave, no, nor forsake thee,'
- so that we do boldly say, `The Lord [is] to me a helper, and I will not fear what man shall do to me.'
- Be mindful of those leading you, who did speak to you the word of God, whose faith -- considering the issue of the behaviour -- be imitating,
- Jesus Christ yesterday and to-day the same, and to the ages;
- with teachings manifold and strange be not carried about, for [it is] good that by grace the heart be confirmed, not with meats, in which they who were occupied were not profited;
- we have an altar, of which to eat they have no authority who the tabernacle are serving,
- for of those beasts whose blood is brought for sin into the holy places through the chief priest -- of these the bodies are burned without the camp.
- Wherefore, also Jesus -- that he might sanctify through [his] own blood the people -- without the gate did suffer;
- now, then, may we go forth unto him without the camp, his reproach bearing;
- for we have not here an abiding city, but the coming one we seek;
- through him, then, we may offer up a sacrifice of praise always to God, that is, the fruit of lips, giving thanks to His name;
- and of doing good, and of fellowship, be not forgetful, for with such sacrifices God is well-pleased.
- Be obedient to those leading you, and be subject, for these do watch for your souls, as about to give account, that with joy they may do this, and not sighing, for this [is] unprofitable to you.
- Pray for us, for we trust that we have a good conscience, in all things willing to behave well,
- and more abundantly do I call upon [you] to do this, that more quickly I may be restored to you.
- And the God of the peace, who did bring up out of the dead the great shepherd of the sheep -- in the blood of an age-during covenant -- our Lord Jesus,
- make you perfect in every good work to do His will, doing in you that which is well-pleasing before Him, through Jesus Christ, to whom [is] the glory -- to the ages of the ages! Amen.
- And I entreat you, brethren, suffer the word of the exhortation, for also through few words I have written to you.
- Know ye that the brother Timotheus is released, with whom, if he may come more shortly, I will see you.
- Salute all those leading you, and all the saints; salute you doth those from Italy:
- the grace [is] with you all! Amen.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
Please contact the server administrator at
firstname.lastname@example.org to inform them of the time this error occurred,
and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.