52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- Then Elihu continued and said,
- "Do you think this is according to justice? Do you say, "My righteousness is more than God's'?
- "For you say, " What advantage will it be to You? What profit will I have, more than if I had sinned?'
- "I will answer you, And your friends with you.
- " Look at the heavens and see; And behold the cloudsthey are higher than you.
- "If you have sinned, what do you accomplish against Him? And if your transgressions are many, what do you do to Him?
- "If you are righteous, what do you give to Him, Or what does He receive from your hand?
- "Your wickedness is for a man like yourself, And your righteousness is for a son of man.
- "Because of the multitude of oppressions they cry out; They cry for help because of the arm of the mighty.
- "But no one says, "Where is God my Maker, Who gives songs in the night,
- Who teaches us more than the beasts of the earth And makes us wiser than the birds of the heavens?'
- "There they cry out, but He does not answer Because of the pride of evil men.
- "Surely God will not listen to an empty cry, Nor will the Almighty regard it.
- "How much less when you say you do not behold Him, The case is before Him, and you must wait for Him!
- "And now, because He has not visited in His anger, Nor has He acknowledged transgression well,
- So Job opens his mouth emptily; He multiplies words without knowledge.' 36
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
Can't connect to www.christianmags.us:80 (Connection timed out)
Connection timed out at /usr/local/share/perl5/LWP/Protocol/http.pm line 50, line 364.
- Then Elihu continued and said,
- "Wait for me a little, and I will show you That there is yet more to be said in God's behalf.
- "I will fetch my knowledge from afar, And I will ascribe righteousness to my Maker.
- "For truly my words are not false; One who is perfect in knowledge is with you.
- "Behold, God is mighty but does not despise any; He is mighty in strength of understanding.
- "He does not keep the wicked alive, But gives justice to the afflicted.
- "He does not withdraw His eyes from the righteous; But with kings on the throne He has seated them forever, and they are exalted.
- "And if they are bound in fetters, And are caught in the cords of affliction,
- Then He declares to them their work And their transgressions, that they have magnified themselves.
- " He opens their ear to instruction, And commands that they return from evil.
- "If they hear and serve Him, They will end their days in prosperity And their years in pleasures.
- "But if they do not hear, they shall perish by the sword And they will die without knowledge.
- "But the godless in heart lay up anger; They do not cry for help when He binds them.
- " They die in youth, And their life perishes among the cult prostitutes.
- "He delivers the afflicted in their affliction, And opens their ear in time of oppression.
- "Then indeed, He enticed you from the mouth of distress, Instead of it, a broad place with no constraint; And that which was set on your table was full of fatness.
- "But you were full of judgment on the wicked; Judgment and justice take hold of you.
- "Beware that wrath does not entice you to scoffing; And do not let the greatness of the ransom turn you aside.
- "Will your riches keep you from distress, Or all the forces of your strength?
- "Do not long for the night, When people vanish in their place.
- "Be careful, do not turn to evil, For you have preferred this to affliction.
- "Behold, God is exalted in His power; Who is a teacher like Him?
- "Who has appointed Him His way, And who has said, " You have done wrong'?
- "Remember that you should exalt His work, Of which men have sung.
- "All men have seen it; Man beholds from afar.
- "Behold, God is exalted, and we do not know Him; The number of His years is unsearchable.
- "For He draws up the drops of water, They distill rain from the mist,
- Which the clouds pour down, They drip upon man abundantly.
- "Can anyone understand the spreading of the clouds, The thundering of His pavilion?
- "Behold, He spreads His lightning about Him, And He covers the depths of the sea.
- "For by these He judges peoples; He gives food in abundance.
- "He covers His hands with the lightning, And commands it to strike the mark.
- "Its noise declares His presence; The cattle also, concerning what is coming up. 37
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.