52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- And Elihu answereth and saith: --
- This hast thou reckoned for judgment: Thou hast said -- `My righteousness [is] more than God's?'
- For thou sayest, `What doth it profit Thee! What do I profit from my sin?'
- I return thee words, and thy friends with thee,
- Behold attentively the heavens -- and see, And behold the clouds, They have been higher than thou.
- If thou hast sinned, what dost thou against Him? And thy transgressions have been multiplied, What dost thou to Him?
- If thou hast been righteous, What dost thou give to Him? Or what from thy hand doth He receive?
- For a man like thyself [is] thy wickedness, And for a son of man thy righteousness.
- Because of the multitude of oppressions They cause to cry out, They cry because of the arm of the mighty.
- And none said, `Where [is] God my maker? Giving songs in the night,
- Teaching us more than the beasts of the earth, Yea, than the fowl of the heavens He maketh us wiser.'
- There they cry, and He doth not answer, Because of the pride of evil doers.
- Surely vanity God doth not hear, And the Mighty doth not behold it.
- Yea, though thou sayest thou dost not behold Him, Judgment [is] before Him, and stay for Him.
- And, now, because there is not, He hath appointed His anger, And He hath not known in great extremity.
- And Job [with] vanity doth open his mouth, Without knowledge words he multiplieth.
- And Elihu addeth and saith: --
- Honour me a little, and I shew thee, That yet for God [are] words.
- I lift up my knowledge from afar, And to my Maker I ascribe righteousness.
- For, truly, my words [are] not false, The perfect in knowledge [is] with thee.
- Lo, God [is] mighty, and despiseth not, Mighty [in] power [and] heart.
- He reviveth not the wicked, And the judgment of the poor appointeth;
- He withdraweth not from the righteous His eyes, And [from] kings on the throne, And causeth them to sit for ever, and they are high,
- And if prisoners in fetters They are captured with cords of affliction,
- Then He declareth to them their work, And their transgressions, Because they have become mighty,
- And He uncovereth their ear for instruction, And saith that they turn back from iniquity.
- If they do hear and serve, They complete their days in good, And their years in pleasantness.
- And if they do not hearken, By the dart they pass away, And expire without knowledge.
- And the profane in heart set the face, They cry not when He hath bound them.
- Their soul dieth in youth, And their life among the defiled.
- He draweth out the afflicted in his affliction, And uncovereth in oppression their ear.
- And also He moved thee from a strait place, [To] a broad place -- no straitness under it, And the sitting beyond of thy table Hath been full of fatness.
- And the judgment of the wicked thou hast fulfilled, Judgment and justice are upheld -- because of fury,
- Lest He move thee with a stroke, And the abundance of an atonement turn thee not aside.
- Doth He value thy riches? He hath gold, and all the forces of power.
- Desire not the night, For the going up of peoples in their stead.
- Take heed -- do not turn unto iniquity, For on this thou hast fixed Rather than [on] affliction.
- Lo, God doth sit on high by His power, Who [is] like Him -- a teacher?
- Who hath appointed unto Him his way? And who said, `Thou hast done iniquity?'
- Remember that thou magnify His work That men have beheld.
- All men have looked on it, Man looketh attentively from afar.
- Lo, God [is] high, And we know not the number of His years, Yea, there [is] no searching.
- When He doth diminish droppings of the waters, They refine rain according to its vapour,
- Which clouds do drop, They distil on man abundantly.
- Yea, doth [any] understand The spreadings out of a cloud? The noises of His tabernacle?
- Lo, He hath spread over it His light, And the roots of the sea He hath covered,
- For by them He doth judge peoples, He giveth food in abundance.
- By two palms He hath covered the light, And layeth a charge over it in meeting,
- He sheweth by it [to] his friend substance, Anger against perversity.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.