|52 Week Bible Reading Plan|
|ChristianMags.us tracks the lowest price on dozens of Christian magazines!|
52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- And Eli'hu said:
- "Do you think this to be just? Do you say, 'It is my right before God,'
- that you ask, 'What advantage have I? How am I better off than if I had sinned?'
- I will answer you and your friends with you.
- Look at the heavens, and see; and behold the clouds, which are higher than you.
- If you have sinned, what do you accomplish against him? And if your transgressions are multiplied, what do you do to him?
- If you are righteous, what do you give to him; or what does he receive from your hand?
- Your wickedness concerns a man like yourself, and your righteousness a son of man.
- "Because of the multitude of oppressions people cry out; they call for help because of the arm of the mighty.
- But none says, 'Where is God my Maker, who gives songs in the night,
- who teaches us more than the beasts of the earth, and makes us wiser than the birds of the air?'
- There they cry out, but he does not answer, because of the pride of evil men.
- Surely God does not hear an empty cry, nor does the Almighty regard it.
- How much less when you say that you do not see him, that the case is before him, and you are waiting for him!
- And now, because his anger does not punish, and he does not greatly heed transgression,
- Job opens his mouth in empty talk, he multiplies words without knowledge."
- And Eli'hu continued, and said:
- "Bear with me a little, and I will show you, for I have yet something to say on God's behalf.
- I will fetch my knowledge from afar, and ascribe righteousness to my Maker.
- For truly my words are not false; one who is perfect in knowledge is with you.
- "Behold, God is mighty, and does not despise any; he is mighty in strength of understanding.
- He does not keep the wicked alive, but gives the afflicted their right.
- He does not withdraw his eyes from the righteous, but with kings upon the throne he sets them for ever, and they are exalted.
- And if they are bound in fetters and caught in the cords of affliction,
- then he declares to them their work and their transgressions, that they are behaving arrogantly.
- He opens their ears to instruction, and commands that they return from iniquity.
- If they hearken and serve him, they complete their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasantness.
- But if they do not hearken, they perish by the sword, and die without knowledge.
- "The godless in heart cherish anger; they do not cry for help when he binds them.
- They die in youth, and their life ends in shame.
- He delivers the afflicted by their affliction, and opens their ear by adversity.
- He also allured you out of distress into a broad place where there was no cramping, and what was set on your table was full of fatness.
- "But you are full of the judgment on the wicked; judgment and justice seize you.
- Beware lest wrath entice you into scoffing; and let not the greatness of the ransom turn you aside.
- Will your cry avail to keep you from distress, or all the force of your strength?
- Do not long for the night, when peoples are cut off in their place.
- Take heed, do not turn to iniquity, for this you have chosen rather than affliction.
- Behold, God is exalted in his power; who is a teacher like him?
- Who has prescribed for him his way, or who can say, 'Thou hast done wrong'?
- "Remember to extol his work, of which men have sung.
- All men have looked on it; man beholds it from afar.
- Behold, God is great, and we know him not; the number of his years is unsearchable.
- For he draws up the drops of water, he distils his mist in rain
- which the skies pour down, and drop upon man abundantly.
- Can any one understand the spreading of the clouds, the thunderings of his pavilion?
- Behold, he scatters his lightning about him, and covers the roots of the sea.
- For by these he judges peoples; he gives food in abundance.
- He covers his hands with the lightning, and commands it to strike the mark.
- Its crashing declares concerning him, who is jealous with anger against iniquity.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.