52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- My spirit hath been destroyed, My days extinguished -- graves [are] for me.
- If not -- mockeries [are] with me. And in their provocations mine eye lodgeth.
- Place, I pray Thee, my pledge with Thee; Who is he that striketh hand with me?
- For their heart Thou hast hidden From understanding, Therefore Thou dost not exalt them.
- For a portion he sheweth friendship, And the eyes of his sons are consumed.
- And he set me up for a proverb of the peoples, And a wonder before them I am.
- And dim from sorrow is mine eye, And my members as a shadow all of them.
- Astonished are the upright at this, And the innocent against the profane Stirreth himself up.
- And the righteous layeth hold [on] his way, And the clean of hands addeth strength, And -- dumb are they all.
- Return, and come in, I pray you, And I find not among you a wise man.
- My days have passed by, My devices have been broken off, The possessions of my heart!
- Night for day they appoint, Light [is] near because of darkness.
- If I wait -- Sheol [is] my house, In darkness I have spread out my couch.
- To corruption I have called: -- `Thou [art] my father.' `My mother' and `my sister' -- to the worm.
- And where [is] now my hope? Yea, my hope, who doth behold it?
- [To] the parts of Sheol ye go down, If together on the dust we may rest.
- And Bildad the Shuhite answereth and saith: --
- When do ye set an end to words? Consider ye, and afterwards do we speak.
- Wherefore have we been reckoned as cattle? We have been defiled in your eyes!
- (He is tearing himself in his anger.) For thy sake is earth forsaken? And removed is a rock from its place?
- Also, the light of the wicked is extinguished. And there doth not shine a spark of his fire.
- The light hath been dark in his tent, And his lamp over him is extinguished.
- Straitened are the steps of his strength, And cast him down doth his own counsel.
- For he is sent into a net by his own feet, And on a snare he doth walk habitually.
- Seize on the heel doth a gin, Prevail over him do the designing.
- Hidden in the earth is his cord, And his trap on the path.
- Round about terrified him have terrors, And they have scattered him -- at his feet.
- Hungry is his sorrow, And calamity is ready at his side.
- It consumeth the parts of his skin, Consume his parts doth death's first-born.
- Drawn from his tent is his confidence, And it causeth him to step to the king of terrors.
- It dwelleth in his tent -- out of his provender, Scattered over his habitation is sulphur.
- From beneath his roots are dried up, And from above cut off is his crop.
- His memorial hath perished from the land, And he hath no name on the street.
- They thrust him from light unto darkness, And from the habitable earth cast him out.
- He hath no continuator, Nor successor among his people, And none is remaining in his dwellings.
- At this day westerns have been astonished And easterns have taken fright.
- Only these [are] tabernacles of the perverse, And this the place God hath not known.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.