52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- Paul, a bond-servant of Christ Jesus, called as an apostle, set apart for the gospel of God,
- which He promised beforehand through His prophets in the holy Scriptures,
- concerning His Son, who was born of a descendant of David according to the flesh,
- who was declared the Son of God with power by the resurrection from the dead, according to the Spirit of holiness, Jesus Christ our Lord,
- through whom we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith among all the Gentiles for His name's sake,
- among whom you also are the called of Jesus Christ;
- to all who are beloved of God in Rome, called as saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
- First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, because your faith is being proclaimed throughout the whole world.
- For God, whom I serve in my spirit in the preaching of the gospel of His Son, is my witness as to how unceasingly I make mention of you,
- always in my prayers making request, if perhaps now at last by the will of God I may succeed in coming to you.
- For I long to see you so that I may impart some spiritual gift to you, that you may be established;
- that is, that I may be encouraged together with you while among you, each of us by the other's faith, both yours and mine.
- I do not want you to be unaware, brethren, that often I have planned to come to you (and have been prevented so far) so that I may obtain some fruit among you also, even as among the rest of the Gentiles.
- I am under obligation both to Greeks and to barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish.
- So, for my part, I am eager to preach the gospel to you also who are in Rome.
- For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
- For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, " BUT THE RIGHTEOUS man SHALL LIVE BY FAITH.'
- For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,
- because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them.
- For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.
- For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
- Professing to be wise, they became fools,
- and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures.
- Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them.
- For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
- For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural,
- and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
- And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper,
- being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips,
- slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents,
- without understanding, untrustworthy, unloving, unmerciful;
- and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them. 2
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
500 Internal Server Error
- Therefore you have no excuse, everyone of you who passes judgment, for in that which you judge another, you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things.
- And we know that the judgment of God rightly falls upon those who practice such things.
- But do you suppose this, O man, when you pass judgment on those who practice such things and do the same yourself, that you will escape the judgment of God?
- Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?
- But because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart you are storing up wrath for yourself in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,
- who WILL RENDER TO EACH PERSON ACCORDING TO HIS DEEDS:
- to those who by perseverance in doing good seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life;
- but to those who are selfishly ambitious and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, wrath and indignation.
- There will be tribulation and distress for every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek,
- but glory and honor and peace to everyone who does good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
- For there is no partiality with God.
- For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law, and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged by the Law;
- for it is not the hearers of the Law who are just before God, but the doers of the Law will be justified.
- For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves,
- in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them,
- on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus.
- But if you bear the name "Jew' and rely upon the Law and boast in God,
- and know His will and approve the things that are essential, being instructed out of the Law,
- and are confident that you yourself are a guide to the blind, a light to those who are in darkness,
- a corrector of the foolish, a teacher of the immature, having in the Law the embodiment of knowledge and of the truth,
- you, therefore, who teach another, do you not teach yourself? You who preach that one shall not steal, do you steal?
- You who say that one should not commit adultery, do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples?
- You who boast in the Law, through your breaking the Law, do you dishonor God?
- For " THE NAME OF GOD IS BLASPHEMED AMONG THE GENTILES BECAUSE OF YOU,' just as it is written.
- For indeed circumcision is of value if you practice the Law; but if you are a transgressor of the Law, your circumcision has become uncircumcision.
- So if the uncircumcised man keeps the requirements of the Law, will not his uncircumcision be regarded as circumcision?
- And he who is physically uncircumcised, if he keeps the Law, will he not judge you who though having the letter of the Law and circumcision are a transgressor of the Law?
- For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh.
- But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and his praise is not from men, but from God. 3
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
Please contact the server administrator at
firstname.lastname@example.org to inform them of the time this error occurred,
and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.